Windows 10: Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect

Discus and support Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I'm at a loss; Recently purchased an HP Envy, it's been out of the box for two hours; I need this for school but can't access via Edge key websites... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Rob_365, Sep 2, 2020.

1. Rob_365 Win User

Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect

I'm at a loss; Recently purchased an HP Envy, it's been out of the box for two hours; I need this for school but can't access via Edge key websites webmail that open fine via Chrome on my other laptop. I installed a new version of Edge, it opens one webpage further, but still fails to connect / times out.

I decided to try updating Windows - it downloaded over a dozen updates, marked them as pending restart, and said I needed to restart, so I did, and on returning to the update screen, most were marked as "error" and will try again later - but I can't force them to try again and I don't want to wait for whenever "Later" is.

Seriously unimpressed with how much work is involved up front for a new laptop - there's a dozen points so far where I raise an eyebrow at how this ever got past the BETA stage - asking me for my information, clicking next, only to end up on another page asking me for the same information.

:)

Rob_365, Sep 2, 2020
  2. tops Win User

Skype won´t wok in 17063

Skype Won´t work... games won´t work...

Making backup and re-format...

Maybe I Install a Windows 7 again, At least, all of my games run smoothly ...Sadness!!

*Banghead

tops, Sep 2, 2020
  3. tamo Win User
    iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect [​IMG]

tamo, Sep 2, 2020
  4. tamo Win User

iPhone won,t connect win 10 Pro

Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect [​IMG]

tamo, Sep 2, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't update Windows 10; Edge won't open key websites, HP support won't connect - Similar Threads - Can't update Edge

2. Microsoft Edge won't stay open

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Microsoft Edge won't stay open: So yesterday, my laptop was working fine, so I shut it off.But this morning, Microsoft Edge didn't stay open when I clicked on the icon. It opened for a second and then pressed the "x" itself.However, I can use the start menu to access it. Now, when I exit and press the icon...
  3. Won't connect to websites after Windows 10 updates

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Won't connect to websites after Windows 10 updates: The other day, an automatic Windows 10 update got downloaded and installed on my Surface Pro 6. I don't remember how long it took to download, but it got hung up in "Restarting...". After several hours I gave up and just held the power off button to turn it off. When I turned...
  4. Windows Start key won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows Start key won't open: So I looked into how to fix this issue but it just kept being unresponsive. My windows key, yes the one on the bottom left of your screen doesn't open up for me. I tried safe booting and going back to normal boot but that didn't work and I have restarted it many times. I need...
  5. Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Websites won't open on Windows, but will on other devices: I have Windows 10 and use Google Chrome. I can access some sites, like gmail and skugrid, but other websites won't open. No ebay, Amazon, etc. Yes, I am connected to the internet. Everything works on my phone, kindle fire and mac. Just not on my windows computer. Today it...
  6. Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 won't update and Settings app won't open: I've been dealing with this issue for quite a while and decided to ask the forums for help. My Windows 10 64 bit ran into quite a bit of update errors months ago, which I thought I resolved when clearing space in the C: drive. Now it won't search for updates, notify me about...
  7. HP 150 Won't Connect

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HP 150 Won't Connect: My HP 150 will not connect to my Lenovo Laptop. It used to connect wirelessly, then I had to start using a cable, now it just shows that it's offline all the time. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/hp-150-wont-connect/9dc9dc33-289b-40ab-b040-489b8378aa21
  8. Edge won't open after 1809 update

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Edge won't open after 1809 update: I installed the 1809 update last night and now Edge won't load. Get the "oops something must have happened" message. Bing and FireFox work fine. IVP6 is enabled....
  9. Edge won't open.

in Browsers and Email
    Edge won't open.: When I first got Win 10, the Edge browser worked great but after a time it simply quit working. The opening screen with the icon comes up but then it goes back to my desktop. It isn't a critical problem yet because I can still use Explorer but Edge had some features I liked...
  10. Firefox suddenly won't open website

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox suddenly won't open website: After ages accessing a regular website forum with no problems, this morning it stuck halfway then the notice below appeared. "The page you are trying to view cannot be shown because the authenticity of the received data could not be verified." I've no idea what caused...