Windows 10: Can't Update Windows 10 to version 2004 due to incompatible program

Discus and support Can't Update Windows 10 to version 2004 due to incompatible program in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I am unable to update to the current version because of a VMWare Workstation Pro program that is not compatible. I had Geek Squad try to help me remove... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by DaSphinx, Oct 25, 2020.

1. DaSphinx Win User

Can't Update Windows 10 to version 2004 due to incompatible program

I am unable to update to the current version because of a VMWare Workstation Pro program that is not compatible. I had Geek Squad try to help me remove it and they failed. I went to Micosoft Support and after Level 1 Support failed I was escalated to a higher level, who also failed. We used Revo Uninstall to remove the program and cleaned what we thought was every vestige of it from the Registry. But apparently it's still there. The Error Message is: Error 0xc1900130. See attached screenshot.
    I think that maybe, just maybe, the problem is that years ago I was using VM Ware in a Sandbox to test a program. Maybe it's lodged somewhere in a Sandbox and that's why it's preventing the Windows Update. But, I don't remember anything about Sandbox, how I used it, or how I could even open it to find out. The best that Microsoft could offer was to reinstall Windows, which of course means I have to reinstall all my programs, a long and laborious job. I would be so grateful for any suggestions or advice on how to resolve this problem. Apologies if I posted in the wrong forum but I wasn't sure which one is the right one.

:)

DaSphinx, Oct 25, 2020
  2. malware Win User

Microsoft Lists Programs That are Incompatible With Windows Vista SP1

Microsoft has published a list of programs that are currently incompatible with Windows Vista SP1 "Service Pack 1 for Windows Vista is an important update for Windows Vista. Windows Vista Service Pack 1 (SP1) contains many security, reliability, and feature updates for Windows Vista. A program may experience a loss of functionality after you install Windows Vista SP1. However, most programs will continue to work as expected after you install Windows Vista SP1."

Windows Vista SP1 Incompatible Programs

Source: Guru3D

malware, Oct 25, 2020
  3. Unable to install a program due to incompatibility on Windows 10.

Hi Francis,

The above issue might occur due to incompatibility of the program you are trying to install on the computer.

Before we assist further, I would like to ask you a few questions:

• Which program/app are you trying to install?
    • Did you check with the manufacturer’s website if the program/app is compatible with Windows 10?

According to the error message described in the above post, the version of the program/app you are trying to install is not compatible on the computer. Check if the manufacturer has released the latest version of the program/app
    you are trying to install. If yes, download and install to check if the issue is resolved.

Write to us with the answers to the above questions and the status of program/app incompatibility on the computer in the same post for further assistance. Your reply is most important for us to ensure we assist you accordingly.

Thank you.

Likhitha V, Oct 25, 2020
  4. Brink Win User
Thema:

Can't Update Windows 10 to version 2004 due to incompatible program

1. Can't Update Windows 10 to version 2004 due to incompatible program - Similar Threads - Can't Update version

2. Can't install update Windows 10, version 2004/20H2

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't install update Windows 10, version 2004/20H2: I get an incompatibility error with Oracle VM Virtualbox. However, that's not a program I've ever used nor can I find it in my programs list. I then installed Virtualbox and then uninstalled it in an attempt to clear the error but Windows still recognizes it as being...
  3. Can't update to 2004 version.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't update to 2004 version.: I'm stuck with Windows 10 version 1909 (build 18363.1379). In the Windows Update settings it has said that version 2004 is arriving since may. I know that it could be caused by some incompatibilities with some software, drivers or actual devices on my pc, but is there a way...
  4. Can't update to windows 10 version 2004

Can't update to windows 10 version 2004: When i tried updating windows 10 to version 2004 This come up : [ATTACH] It said to uninstall it manually, but i never install this Virtualbox software before Also when i search virtualbox in apps&feature there's 0 result I searched in program files folder and there's no...
  5. Can't update Windows 10 from version 1903 to version 2004

Can't update Windows 10 from version 1903 to version 2004: I've tried repeatedly to use the May update to go from version 1903 of Windows 10 to version 2004. It reaches the end and then bombs. Error message is 0x8007001f. Other quality updates download and install fine. However, the system is trying to automatically download and...
  6. Windows 10 update version 2004

Windows 10 update version 2004: I am using windows 10 pro and recently i re-installed my system due to hardware changes. After installing i have received the windows 10 update only upto version 1909. How can i update it to recent version 2004 may 2020 update...
  7. Can't update my Windows 10 to version 2004

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't update my Windows 10 to version 2004: I have Windows 10 version 1909 and it seems that my PC blue screens quite frequently now. Average 1-2 a week. But recently it blue screened then after the automatic restart blue screened again and again and again. 4 blue screens before I even touched a button. This concerned...
  8. Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004

Can't update Windows version 1909 to Version 2004: I'm guessing it's something to do with this generic statement from the Windows 10 blog <Note: You may not see Download and install on your device as we are slowly throttling up this availability over the coming weeks, or your device might have a compatibility issue for which...
  9. Windows 10 update version 2004

Windows 10 update version 2004: Not sure if anyone had same problems as me with the above update but one to be careful of if you have not yet done the update. I have 2 laptops with different specs but a decent broadband system, and the download from start to finish took 19 hours, maybe my issue was a one...
  10. Can't update due to incompatible APP - "_P0_VMWare Pro No-Op"

Can't update due to incompatible APP - "_P0_VMWare Pro No-Op": I attempted to perform an update of my Windows 10 machine and received this notice: [ATTACH] I cannot find that APP on my computer to uninstall or delete it. The "Manually uninstall" button is not available to me and the "learn More" button takes me to links to purchase...