Windows 10: Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool

Discus and support Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I did some research and this is new to me.. I am trying to update/repair of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, but it fails with the message... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HC1965, Sep 15, 2019.

1. HC1965 Win User

Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool

I did some research and this is new to me.. I am trying to update/repair of Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool, but it fails with the message "This tool can't update your PC. The language or edition of the version of Windows that is currently installed on your PC isn't supported by this tool."

Now my PC is an HP 15 and previously had it updated with the media tool but couldn't activate windows because I installed the enterprise version.. now i am trying to fix this but cannot update windows and getting this problem with media tool. I updated the bios on my laptop already but no success. I saw the thread between Kim and Dan (?) but no success and that check list for windows install did not help. Kim was not clear on what finally helped her with the install. Can anyone help?

:)

HC1965, Sep 15, 2019

2. Media Creation Tool is NOT working

Hi,

There are several reasons why you're getting this issue on downloading Windows 10 using the
    Media Creation Tool. The most common are the network connection or the anti-virus firewall is enabled on your device.

To resolve this, we suggest that you manually update the operating system instead of using the Media Creation Tool. Click on this
    link for the steps on how to update
    Windows.

Eileen Gal, Sep 15, 2019
  3. creation of windows 10 media

Hi Jithesh,

You might face this issue if the downloaded setup file is corrupted.

• Did you try to download the setup again?
    • Did you try to upgrade through Windows Update?

First, I would suggest you to try updating through Windows Update and check if you are able to upgrade to Windows 10. If you are unable to upgrade through Windows Update, then I would suggest you to download the Windows 10 ISO again and save it locally
    on the desktop and then try to run the upgrade.

Media creation tool

Windows 10 herunterladen

Let us know the results.

Rohit Siddegowda, Sep 15, 2019
  4. Kyhi Win User

Media Creation Tool

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/softw...load/windows10

your link "EN-CA" My link "EN-US"

Thema:

1. Can't update Windows 10 using media creation tool - Similar Threads - Can't update using

2. problem using media creation tool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    problem using media creation tool: I have tried unsuccessfully to create a windows 10 USB boot drive. I keep getting the following error: 0x0200013-0x90019. Please advise. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/problem-using-media-creation-tool/0f5bb36a-03bc-4d03-8d95-dcc215cc73a0
  3. Windows 10 License using Media creation tool

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 License using Media creation tool: Hi, I am using Thinkpad t560 with core i5 and 8GB Ram. This machine has builtin OS Windows 10. I am having some serious issues with my laptop. I tried to reinstall windows using reset pc settings as well as windows 10 update assistant tool, but the issue is persistent....
  4. Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool

Updating XP SP3 to Windows 10 using media creation tool: Microsoft does not accept the original label Vista key. Dell computer was originally installed as XP and had been running SP3. Used the MCT to perform upgrade but license is not accepted. Any solution ?...
  5. Media Creation Tool updated

Media Creation Tool updated: I just wanted to pass on a bit of info to the forum. The Media Creation Tool 1903 version has been updated to build 18362.418 on Microsoft website 143017
  6. Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool

Can't repair Windows 10 using Windows Media Creation Tool: Hello everyone, I'm having trouble with some Windows features, as a result I want to Repair windows using and USB drive and the Media Creation Tool. All is good when I boot to the USB. However, after pressing "next" on the window and clicking on repair (bottom left), it...
  7. windows 10 media creation tool

windows 10 media creation tool: I need to reinstall windows 10 home on my daughters laptop. The media creation tool only installs the pro version. How do I force it or get the windows 10 home?...
  8. Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool

Windows 10 - Media Creation Tool: Hi everyone, I'm trying to create a Windows 10 ISO file with media creation tool. I digged a little on the web about how can I accomplish that. I've read an answer at one of posts in this forum that it says: "The copy of Windows 10 you download and upgrade from will...
  9. Can't update Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool

Can't update Windows 10 using the Media Creation Tool: Hi, My pc is having some stability problems. Using a Seagate tool I have verified that the hard drives don't have problems. I have used sfc/scannow, which reports that some system files are corrupt, but it cannot fix them. It does not say what then to do. I was told to run...
  10. Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool

Using Windows 10 Media Creation tool: Hello The tech I have been working with told me to download the WMC tool to help straighten out my W10 system. He said I will need a 6 gig flash drive. I downloaded the tool to another computer and it is only a 17 MBT .exe file? Why do I need a 6 gig flash drive for this...