Windows 10: Can't update windows 10

Discus and support Can't update windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi I am on build 1803 and i cannot update or reset my pc. I have tried using installation media but nothing happened Have also tried sfc /scannow... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by pats29, Aug 1, 2020.

1. pats29 Win User

Can't update windows 10

Hi

I am on build 1803 and i cannot update or reset my pc.

I have tried using installation media but nothing happened

Have also tried sfc /scannow but nothing

I can't add a pin the button does nothing

and my windows username keeps changing into my email tried changing to local account nothing happened

Using the windows update assistant fixer thing does nothing

It says I am up to date but under that it says that 1803 has reached the end of service

Edit: by using installation media i mean using upgrade this pc now

:)

pats29, Aug 1, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 1, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 1, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't update windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't update windows 10

1. Can't update windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  3. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  4. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  5. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  6. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

7. Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2: Trying to resolve a number of issues with my son's computer, successfully having some bad RAM replaced by the manufacturer. There are a number of things off with windows, such as not being able to get msconfig to run, microsoft store not opening, and windows update not...
  8. Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2

Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2: Trying to resolve a number of issues with my son's computer, successfully having some bad RAM replaced by the manufacturer. There are a number of things off with windows, such as not being able to get msconfig to run, microsoft store not opening, and windows update not...
  9. I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it and can't get to support from...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it and can't get to support from...: I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it. I tried to uninstall Xbox but it doesn't exist on my computer. I don't want it and would like to stop the constant update notifications....
  10. I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it and can't get to support from...

I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it and can't get to support from...: I do not have xbox but keep getting requests to update it. I tried to uninstall Xbox but it doesn't exist on my computer. I don't want it and would like to stop the constant update notifications....