Windows 10: Can't update Windows 10

Discus and support Can't update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have had a HP Notebook 15-db1040nr for 6 months, I haven't been able to update my Windows the whole time, tried to follow tutorials online which has... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by EchoRoblox, Aug 8, 2020.

1. Can't update Windows 10

I have had a HP Notebook 15-db1040nr for 6 months, I haven't been able to update my Windows the whole time, tried to follow tutorials online which has comments that said "It worked", it didn't work. I tried activating Windows Update, it also doesn't work.

Can't update Windows 10 72bd9d2a-0bec-4c6d-b60d-2cb7f651f598?upload=true.png

:)

EchoRoblox, Aug 8, 2020
  2. Scrizz Win User

Windows 10

no, you can't go back..
    I suggest creating a backup image of your os drive

Scrizz, Aug 8, 2020
  3. MrGenius Win User
    Microsoft to make Windows 10 updates mandatory

Well, at the moment at least, you can choose to defer upgrades. Under Settings > Windows Updates > Advanced options you need to check the box labeled "Defer upgrades". What does that do? Good question. The answer I've found might illuminate it to a degree.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/defer-upgrades-in-windows-10

I hear this only applies to Pro and Enterprise editions. But I can't verify that.

MrGenius, Aug 8, 2020
  4. Ahhzz Win User

Can't update Windows 10

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Aug 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't update Windows 10

1. Can't update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. Windows 10 Updated - Removed all my Printers - Can't Add Printers

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 Updated - Removed all my Printers - Can't Add Printers: Yesterday my Windows 10 updated, and afterwards, all my printers were gone. I tried adding a printer, to which I got an error message stating: The Local Print Spooler Service is not running. I go to services and restart Print Spooler Service, then go back to add a printer....
  3. Windows 10 Updated - Removed all my Printers - Can't Add Printers

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 Updated - Removed all my Printers - Can't Add Printers: Yesterday my Windows 10 updated, and afterwards, all my printers were gone. I tried adding a printer, to which I got an error message stating: The Local Print Spooler Service is not running. I go to services and restart Print Spooler Service, then go back to add a printer....
  4. Windows 10 Updated - Removed all my Printers - Can't Add Printers

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.: Windows 11. I have a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. Device Manager says the driver is up to date. However, Memory Integrity can't be turned on due to incompatible Logitech Webcam driver....
  6. Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.

Can't update e a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. driver.: Windows 11. I have a Logitech HD Pro Webcam C910. Device Manager says the driver is up to date. However, Memory Integrity can't be turned on due to incompatible Logitech Webcam driver....
  7. I can't abel to update by window this error comes always

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't abel to update by window this error comes always: Window error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-abel-to-update-by-window-this-error-comes/0c89b05a-7133-4289-a3b4-f8010fc6de2a
  8. I can't abel to update by window this error comes always

I can't abel to update by window this error comes always: Window error https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-abel-to-update-by-window-this-error-comes/0c89b05a-7133-4289-a3b4-f8010fc6de2a
  9. I can't abel to update by window this error comes always

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. why can't I scroll or check for updates on windows education?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why can't I scroll or check for updates on windows education?: I have windows 10 education 19044 on an hp G62 machine that was upgraded to 64 bits.before that I had Zorin OS only installed on the machine and the mousepad was working perfectly well, but suddenly after using the product key and upgrading I had a new Windows installed but I...