Windows 10: Can't update Windows 10

Discus and support Can't update Windows 10 in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hello, I'm having problems updating my Windows 10. Every time it tries to update automatically, I get a notification like "Something went wrong,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by ErikKalman, Dec 29, 2020.

1. Can't update Windows 10

Hello,

I'm having problems updating my Windows 10. Every time it tries to update automatically, I get a notification like "Something went wrong, updates couldn't be installed." When I try to update it or look for updates manually from Settings the menu only says "Something went wrong. Try to reopen Settings later."

I then downloaded the Windows 10 October 2020 Update manually from Microsoft's website. When trying to instal it, I get an error message "Can't find the neccessary file. Please check if you have permission to write to the installation folder." I am loged in as administrator and I am running the installation as an administrator, still results the same error message.

Windows version: 2004

Windows edition: Windows 10 Pro

OS Build: 19041.450

:)

ErikKalman, Dec 29, 2020
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Dec 29, 2020
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows 10 Update

Well just noticed a pretty large one pop up coming in at 914MB, seems it makes some pretty serous updates.

KB3172985
    https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/kb/3172985

This security update includes improvements and fixes in the functionality of Windows 10 Version 1511 and Windows Server 2016 Technical Preview 4. It also resolves the following vulnerabilities in Windows:

• 3175677 MS16-094: Security update for secure boot: July 12, 2016
    • 3174060 MS16-093: Security update for Adobe Flash Player: July 12, 2016
    • 3171910 MS16-092: Security update for Windows Kernel: July 12, 2016
    • 3170048 MS16-091: Security update for .Net Framework: July 12, 2016
    • 3171481 MS16-090: Security update for Kernel Mode Drivers: July 12, 2016
    • 3170050 MS16-089: Security update for Windows secure kernel mode: July 12, 2016
    • 3170005 MS16-087: Security update for the Microsoft Print Spooler: July 12, 2016
    • 3169999 MS16-085: Cumulative security update for Microsoft Edge: July 12, 2016
    • 3169991 MS16-084: Cumulative security update for Internet Explorer: July 12, 2016

AsRock, Dec 29, 2020
  4. Monk.e83 Win User

Can't update Windows 10

Unlocked Realtek HD Audio Drivers Windows 7 & 8 (With Dolby Digital Live and DTS Interactive)

DTS supported natively by Windows 8/8.1 and it should work on windows 10 too just DDL require to unlock your driver .

Monk.e83, Dec 29, 2020
Thema:

Can't update Windows 10

1. Can't update Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...
  3. How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to handle driver updates with Intune when one set of computers can't utilize Intune for...: Hi,We just recently bought new devices from a new vendor. For these the recommended way to update drivers is via Intune WindowsUpdate. For the old units we can't use this, since it messes up things badly.So for our fleet we have disabled driver updates via Windows Update.Now...
  4. I installed an update and now have no WiFi. Can't find it no symbol, my 802.11n USB...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I installed an update and now have no WiFi. Can't find it no symbol, my 802.11n USB...: Wifi just disappeared after an update. It was working, I was working and then it dropped out and I cannot find WiFi to connect again.When I go into Network and internet - Get Help - Turn on WiFiNOTHINGI don't appear to have any airplane modes it is a desktop so not...
  5. I installed an update and now have no WiFi. Can't find it no symbol, my 802.11n USB...

I installed an update and now have no WiFi. Can't find it no symbol, my 802.11n USB...: Wifi just disappeared after an update. It was working, I was working and then it dropped out and I cannot find WiFi to connect again.When I go into Network and internet - Get Help - Turn on WiFiNOTHINGI don't appear to have any airplane modes it is a desktop so not...
  6. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  7. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown: i have tried most of the guides on internet but it isnot working . https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-downloaded-updates-from-the-setiings-but-cant/d7d918dc-bd70-4839-976e-13096e3bf16c
  8. i downloaded updates from the setiings , but can't install them by restarting or shutdown

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  9. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired: I have a game that I run 2 characters on. The game is installed for one character in directory A and the second character in directory B; they are separate executables.Prior to the upgrade, I could run these and have my buttons on the taskbar separate from each other, making...
  10. After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired

After applying update, taskbar buttons are paired and can't be unpaired: I have a game that I run 2 characters on. The game is installed for one character in directory A and the second character in directory B; they are separate executables.Prior to the upgrade, I could run these and have my buttons on the taskbar separate from each other, making...