Windows 10: Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner

Discus and support Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I hadn't noticed any notifications from AVG for a while, which I found unusual. After checking, my anti-virus had been uninstalled. I am aware this can... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Ash Brickhill, May 26, 2021.

1. Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner

I hadn't noticed any notifications from AVG for a while, which I found unusual. After checking, my anti-virus had been uninstalled. I am aware this can happen with some viruses. I then downloaded BitDefender and run a full scan on my system. Here are the results:Trojan.GenericKD.42068957 - C:\Windows\System32\winscomrssrv.dllTrojan.GenericKD.41470538 -

:)

Ash Brickhill, May 26, 2021

2. Monero XMR CPU miner

It's a trojan which you're having there.

The removal guide (Remove the CPU.exe Monero Miner) I linked explains in detail about this
    trojan. The removal guide consists of various/multiple steps.

Please try to concentrate and read the self-help guide and follow it step-by-step.

In case, that you don't feel comfortable doing all that alone, I - again - suggest to ask for free expert help at

https://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/34773/preparation-guide-for-use-before-using-malware-removal-tools-and-requesting-help/

or

you can ask for perhaps not so free Microsoft help here: http://answerdesk.microsoftstore.com

or

you might want to do a clean install which is described in this wiki:
    https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/wiki/windows_10-windows_install/clean-install-windows-10/1c426bdf-79b1-4d42-be93-17378d93e587

Jsssssssss, May 26, 2021
  3. How crypto ransomware spreads... is it decryptable...should I pay the ransom

Crypto malware ransomware typically propagates itself as a
    Trojan Horse
    which the developers use to target a wide audience for financial gain rather than a specific individual. Numerous

variants of encrypting ransomware
    have been reported between 2013 and 2016.

A repository listing of Crypto malware Information and ransomware topics can be found in this index.

quietman7 - MVP, May 26, 2021
  4. Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner

Bruce Hagen ~ MVP, May 26, 2021
Thema:

Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner

1. Can't update windows after removing Trojan and Crypto Miner - Similar Threads - Can't update removing

2. I am fairly certain my device is infected with some kind of crypto miner but can't...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I am fairly certain my device is infected with some kind of crypto miner but can't...: I am reasonably certain about the virus being a miner, due to when my laptop is just sitting idle for more than a minute or so, the cpu usage skyrockets and the temperature jumps from around 30c-40c doing nothing or around 55c-60c if some major programs are running in the...
  3. Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan: Hello,This started like 3 days ago, Idk if I installed an application or how I got this trojan virus but it appeared in windows virus scan but windows virus protection system couldn't get rid of it because it uses powershell or something. Clicking on Block threat does...
  4. Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan: Hello,This started like 3 days ago, Idk if I installed an application or how I got this trojan virus but it appeared in windows virus scan but windows virus protection system couldn't get rid of it because it uses powershell or something. Clicking on Block threat does...
  5. Can't remove AgentTesla Trojan

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  6. Windows defender can't remove trojan

Windows defender can't remove trojan: So the story is that I found a trojan called Trojan:Win32/Occamy.C8E after doing a windows defender full scan. When I check the protection history, it say remediation incomplete and the affected items is containerfile:...
  7. Crypto Miners

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Crypto Miners: So, I have really wanted Discord Nitro for a while now, and I saw that a crypto miner has partnered with discord and has been sponsored by many large creators, I live in my parents house so electricity isn't a problem, but is it worth it? Like I have a 1660s and an i7 and I...
  8. Crypto Trojan remote hack

Crypto Trojan remote hack: Crypto Trojan. There is likely organized crime behind this. I've been fighting it for over two weeks. Doesn't matter what you do.It just comes backthe remote hackers. I set it loose this morningthe Trojan on a fresh win 10 install with every group policy geared toward...
  9. How to remove Wise XMRig CPU Miner Trojan : sysupdate.exe xmrig cpu miner

How to remove Wise XMRig CPU Miner Trojan : sysupdate.exe xmrig cpu miner: We are using Azure VM and we are identified one service called XMRig taking more CPU process time Os Details : Microsoft Server 2012 R2 Edition SQL Server Installed When we open the details of the XMRig process, it shows the sysupdate.exe process running on my...
  10. Windows Defender can't remove trojan

Windows Defender can't remove trojan: Apparently I have trojan on my computer. I ran a WindowsDefender scan and it found 2 trojans. The name of both of them is: Trojan:Win64/Longage and it is contained in Linux Distro ISO file (debian-10.1.0-amd64-DVD-1.iso". it is located in my "Downloads" folder. I tried...