Windows 10: Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS

Discus and support Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have pending updates on my PC, but every time I restart it, it says "Couldn't install updates, undoing changes" when it reboots, and all of my games... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheOtakuAmerika, Jul 11, 2020.

1. Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS

I have pending updates on my PC, but every time I restart it, it says "Couldn't install updates, undoing changes" when it reboots, and all of my games are now only running at 30 FPS, no matter what settings, when they usually run at 144 on high/ultra, game-dependent. I've restarted at least ten times, with the same results, and have the latest drivers for my GPU.

submitted by /u/TheOtakuAmerika
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheOtakuAmerika, Jul 11, 2020

2. nokia 5610 ....videos do not play smoothly at 30 fps QVGA

The 5610 DOES NOT support 30 fps (as far as I know) so no setting will make it play 30 fps if it's not supported!

If you must watch at 30 fps then you need an N95, N96, N86, N82, I don't know the full list, but not all devices can play 30 fps correctly.

el_loco---01, Jul 11, 2020
  3. Windows 10 desktop and ui running at 30 fps

My specs are

Intel w3680

Rx 570

16 gb ram

This can be observed when you change the volume when a game is running,the fps suddenly drops from 100 to 30 and all windowed apps are also limited to 30 fps.

Danyaalmajid, Jul 11, 2020
  4. Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS

FPS in some games are being capped at 60 FPS.

Hello,

Sorry but I do not understand your last message :

How can you tell those games can easily run in 150+ fps when you are playing fullscreen in window and your fps are stuck at 60 ?

I explained that your fps are stuck for configurations reasons in my opinion.

Patricia.Guenot, Jul 11, 2020
Thema:

Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS

1. Can't update Windows, and Games Stuck at 30 FPS - Similar Threads - Can't update Games

2. All games stuck at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games stuck at 60 FPS: No clue why but all my games are stuck at 60 fps today. Both my displays are set to higher refresh rates and my configuration can run games at high frame rates easily but it’s self capping at 60fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling games and drivers did nothing. Changing display...
  3. All games stuck at 60 FPS

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games stuck at 60 FPS: No clue why but all my games are stuck at 60 fps today. Both my displays are set to higher refresh rates and my configuration can run games at high frame rates easily but it’s self capping at 60fps. Uninstalling and reinstalling games and drivers did nothing. Changing display...
  4. All games are stuck on 60 fps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All games are stuck on 60 fps: Whenever I try to play a game on my laptop, it gets capped to 60 fps. The problem has occurred for both Valorant and Geometry Dash I have FPS counters in both games. V-Sync is off, FPS is uncapped well, capped to 165fps, which shouldn't limit it to 60 fps. Both my laptop's...
  5. All games are stuck on 60 fps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    All games are stuck on 60 fps: Whenever I try to play a game on my laptop, it gets capped to 60 fps. The problem has occurred for both Valorant and Geometry Dash I have FPS counters in both games. V-Sync is off, FPS is uncapped well, capped to 165fps, which shouldn't limit it to 60 fps. Both my laptop's...
  6. Update stuck at 30%

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update stuck at 30%: My laptop has dual-boot, Windows 10, and Ubuntu 20. Today I tried the update file provided on the Microsoft website, but unfortunately, when it tries to reboot to complete the update it stuck at 30% and I cannot enter into Windows. Note: I can use Ubuntu with no problem....
  7. Update stuck on 30%

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Update stuck on 30%: Hi. My computer started updating a few hours ago, and it was going well, it restarted itself multiple times as it said it will, but when it reached 30% it stopped. It's not frozen since the loading animation is working, but it's been on 30% for hours now. It's done that...
  8. Update stuck on 30% for days

Update stuck on 30% for days: Hi, hoping for some advice! Laptop has been updating windows 10 for days now - keeps getting stuck at "Working in updates, 30% complete, don't turn off your computer." Have tried to restart, still stays stuck. Can't access any menus or functions from the screen it's on!...
  9. Windows update stuck at 30%

Windows update stuck at 30%: This has happened multiple times before. I'm just stuck sitting at a spinning wheel and a number that never changes. Maybe it's working right. Maybe I need to wait another three hours. Maybe it's stuck. I have absolutely no way of knowing, and it drives me crazy....
  10. Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 Creator update 60-30 FPS: 2 days ago i updated to creator..had to update video drivers,but since then in mostly all games i get that fps drops to 30 for like 10 seconds and goes back to 60..that comes and goes...VERY annoying disabled any win10 "gaming" bull* "Disable fullscreen optimizations"...