Windows 10: Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

Discus and support Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've just noticed that windows defender can't scan, I also can't update windows or check the update history.I'm getting an 0x80080005 error when I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by DanCarne, May 3, 2021.

1. DanCarne Win User

Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

I've just noticed that windows defender can't scan, I also can't update windows or check the update history.I'm getting an 0x80080005 error when I search for updates.HELP

:)

DanCarne, May 3, 2021

2. When will AT&T deliver the updates?

Here it is late August and STILL no update. This will be my LAST AT&T phone and if Microsoft does not push AT&T to step up and let updates though to the customer then it will also be my LAST Windows Phone.

Where is the customer service?

Robert Luhn, May 3, 2021
  3. BetoLP Win User
    Windows doesn`t start. Authomatic repair doesn`t work.

Thanks again!!

I`m sorry I had not noticed that the text on the picture was in spanish. It says that windows has replaced some damaged clusters in "name" file and "directory". Then, at the end "an unspecified error occurred (75736e6a726e6c2e 4f6)".

I`ll do it and I`ll be updating this thread when I have the report.

- - - Updated - - -

I ran SeaTools. These are the results:

Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history? [​IMG]

Does it mean my HDD is useless?

BetoLP, May 3, 2021
  4. Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

Notifocation of W-10 update genuine? Freezes computer, can"t verify.

Download MalwareBytes and run a Full scan then run a full scan with Defender

Josey Wales, May 3, 2021
Thema:

Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history?

1. Can't update windows, can't scan with defender, can't check update history? - Similar Threads - Can't update can't

2. Can't check updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't check updates in Windows 10: Windows 10 update settings can't check for updates, Some settings are managed by your organization"I am not a member of organization this is my personal computer...
  3. Can't check updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't check updates in Windows 10: Windows 10 update settings can't check for updates, Some settings are managed by your organization"I am not a member of organization this is my personal computer...
  4. Can't check updates in Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can't check the updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't check the updates: Hello. A couple of days ago I paused windows updates because my wifi was slow and yesterday I wanted to unpause them but the tab won't load. I waited for 10 minutes and it was still loading . I have the same problem today. submitted by /u/M-Crossy1 [link] [comments]...
  6. Can't Check for Windows Update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Check for Windows Update: It's been a month since the last update I received and I know something's wrong, so I manually check for update, but I got an error (0x80080005). I tried to google it but the problem's still there. I found out that one WU service is missing, wuauserv. I tried to use the...
  7. can't install windows defender update

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    can't install windows defender update: while trying to update windows defender, it shows error code - 0x8024402f and update can not be installed. plzz help.... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/cant-install-windows-defender-update/372ba859-6958-439f-ad28-5b9138675e0f
  8. I can't update the Windows Defender

I can't update the Windows Defender: I can't update the Windows Defender, can help me? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/protect/forum/all/i-cant-update-the-windows-defender/6c54ba98-b381-4675-bd98-319a376792ba
  9. Can't clear Defender history

Can't clear Defender history: Whenever I try to clear the history, a UAC prompt pops up, I click "Yes", and nothing happens. Is there a way to manually reset Defender? [img] 84624
  10. Can't clear Windows Defender history

Can't clear Windows Defender history: Hi, Windows defender found many viruses (false-positif that i'm sure) and I accepted them in Defender, but then i tried to clear history to be sure i'm note deleting theses 2 false-positif but it just won't clear.. Is that normal ? Am i the only one with this issue ? Using...