Windows 10: Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System

Discus and support Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Basically, my computer can't update windows due to AMD Ryzen™ or AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode. Here's the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/LSLegend, Nov 21, 2019.

1. Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System

Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System o3COBYqKjjdEGiMYaYWk8OYmdNqiGivSQczPZtHFdMQ.jpg

Basically, my computer can't update windows due to AMD Ryzen™ or AMD Ryzen™ Threadripper™ configured in SATA or NVMe RAID mode.

Here's the recommended link by windows: https://support.microsoft.com/en-us...-update-on-computers-running-certain-amd-raid

The thing is, I'm running an intel device so I can't actually run AMD driver installers/updaters like windows wants me to. From what I can tell, the AMD drivers are part of my SSD.

What am I supposed to do?

https://preview.redd.it/krg71y1g250...bp&s=d22442587e2e2a6d7482ca0e449ad92a56b07735

Here are specs of the computer

https://preview.redd.it/5hua21tc250...bp&s=2f69ed7d7ba18620419a4854eff82160ea993dad

submitted by /u/LSLegend
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/LSLegend, Nov 21, 2019
  2. Nikhar_K Win User

SSD samsung evo and amd drivers

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the AMD drivers installed on the computer.

Since the Samsung SSD is working fine with the Microsoft AHCI driver, I suggest you to update the AMD driver and check if that helps. To update the AMD drivers follow the steps from the article

Update drivers in Windows 10

If updating the drivers didn’t help, I suggest you to roll back the driver to previous build and check if that helps. To roll back the driver to previous build follow the steps mentioned below:

1. Press and hold the Windows + X key on the keyboard.
    2. Select Device manager.
    3. In Device manager, expand IDE ATA/ATAPI controllers.
    4. Right click on AMD SATA Controller and select
      Properties.
    5. Navigate to the Driver tab and click on Roll Back Driver.
    6. Restart the computer.

Hope it helps.

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Nov 21, 2019
  3. Startup error on discontinued Intel driver

Hi David,

Windows 10 update remove the Intel WiDi driver due to compatibility issue. We suggest uninstalling the Intel WiDi driver from Control Panel to avoid it from showing up every time you start your computer. To do this, kindly follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X on your keyboard.
    • Select Control Panel.
    • Click Programs.
    • Choose Programs and Features.
    • Click Intel (R) WiDi Driver and hit Uninstall.
    • Restart your computer.

Let us know goes.

Monica Cam, Nov 21, 2019
  4. Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System

intel and amd wont work together

Hello Jeremy,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

We understand your concern in this regard.

• Did you bought that AMD Radeon Graphics card separately or came with your PC?
    • How about disabling Intel Graphics Card and using AMD Radeon Graphics card?

I suspect the problem might be with the incompatible AMD Graphics card drivers. I mean, you can see this kind of behavior when driver malfunctions on background. Suggest you to check for latest AMD Radeon Graphics card drivers on device Manufacturer website,
    if in case it came along with your computer. If in case you bought it separately then try to search for the drivers on AMD official website. Most probably this will fix the issue.

Sometimes latest drivers still fails to work correctly due to compatibility on Windows 10. In view of the same, try installing legacy drivers (I.e. Either Windows 7 or Windows 8/8.1) to see if it makes any difference.

Keep us posted if you require further assistance.

Yashwanth Kotakuri, Nov 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System

1. Can't Update Windows Due to AMD Drivers on my Intel System - Similar Threads - Can't Update Due

2. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Gaming
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  3. AMD to INTEL

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    AMD to INTEL: I am building a new system and am going from an AMD motherboard to Intel motherboard... My current Windows 10 is "Windows is activated with a digital license linked to your Microsoft account " What I need to figureout is should I plan on a fresh install and if I do a fresh...
  4. Can't turn on Memory Integrity due to INtel graphics drivers

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Can't turn on Memory Integrity due to INtel graphics drivers: On my Dell Optiplex 7010 Win 10 Pro 64-bit PC (version 20H2), I can't turn on Memory Integrity due to some Intel graphics drivers. I have Intel graphics, not a separate video card. See screenshot below. Any suggestions? Thanks. 180942
  5. Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10: Intel, Nvidia & AMD display drivers updated: Intel, Nvidia and AMD have published their September 2020 display drivers for Windows 10. If you’ve Windows 10 version 1809 or newer, you should be able to update your display drivers and grab the fixes or support for new games. Intel’s “unlocked” display driver for Windows...
  6. Windows 10 Update Fails due to AMD Drivers on System Without AMD Hardware

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows 10 Update Fails due to AMD Drivers on System Without AMD Hardware: So my windows update stalls out due to this problem: [ATTACH] I have read the following articles and forum posts on this issue: https://www.dell.com/support/article/en-us/sln319413/windows-10-cannot-install-1903-update-with-certain-versions-of-amd-raid-drivers?lang=en...
  7. Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System

Windows 10 Version 1909 Update: AMD Error on Intel System: I'm attempting to install the Version 1909 update on Windows 10 Home but have been unable to do to an apparent incompatibility with AMD Ryzen CPU drivers. The issue with this is that my computer has an Intel CPU and an Nvidia GPU, with no AMD software or hardware installed...
  8. Upgrading system from Intel to AMD

Upgrading system from Intel to AMD: I have bought a new motherboard, cpu and gpu. I want to keep the data on my ssd and hard drive and do a fresh install of windows when i install all new parts. How do i do it?...
  9. Windows 10 update and or Intel drivers updates ruined sleep on my system.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows 10 update and or Intel drivers updates ruined sleep on my system.: About a month ago, I updated Windows 10, and used the Intel Driver & Support Assistant to update my OS and the drivers on my laptop. I put my laptop into sleep mode, but when I attempted to wake it the indicator light was orange*, and an active black screen showed. I was...
  10. intel to amd.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    intel to amd.: I am about to upgrade to an amd cpu. the problem is I have to reinstall windows to avoid potential driver issues. this is the same computer, so my windows home license for win10 should carry over, but if I just boot up the computer with fresh install im guessing its gonna ask...