Windows 10: Cant update Windows from 18362

Discus and support Cant update Windows from 18362 in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hello :,i have a quite difficult problem here for me^^I was not even aware of the problem for a long time. It was only when I downloaded Battlefield... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by CreArthur, Nov 29, 2021.

1. CreArthur Win User

Cant update Windows from 18362

Hello :,i have a quite difficult problem here for me^^I was not even aware of the problem for a long time. It was only when I downloaded Battlefield 2042 a few days ago that I noticed the problem. I was disappointed when I tried to start the game and was told that my Windows version 18362 was too old and that I should please update. So I went into my PC's settings under "Windows Update" and looked for an update. Unfortunately, Windows told me that I already had the latest version, although I could see in my system that my system was still running on version 18362. Then the confusion was g

:)

CreArthur, Nov 29, 2021
  2. 3Colors Win User

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Cant update Windows from 18362 :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Nov 29, 2021
  3. AsRock Win User
    Windows Updates failed to instal

I'm not sure how differant XP media center Edition is but you could clear the history \ cache if these folders are there.

Step 1 Register DLL files.

=================

By trying this step, we can check if the update engines are working properly.

1. Close all instances of Internet Explorer.

2. Click Start and Run, type "Regsvr32 atl.dll" (without quotes) in the Open box and click OK.

Note: There is a space between regsvr32 and atl.dll

3. Similarly, one by one, register the files listed below:

Regsvr32 msxml3.dll

Regsvr32 wuapi.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng.dll

Regsvr32 wuaueng1.dll

Regsvr32 wups2.dll

Regsvr32 wucltui.dll

Regsvr32 wups.dll

Regsvr32 wuweb.dll

Regsvr32 qmgr.dll

Regsvr32 qmgrprxy.dll

Regsvr32 jscript.dll

Note: If you encounter errors while registering any of these files then skip that file and continue with the next one.

If the issue persists, let's move on to the steps below to verify Windows Update services and temporary folders.

Step 2 Verify the relevant Windows Update services.

=========================================

1. Click Start->Run, type "services.msc" (without quotation marks) in the open box and click OK.

2. Double click the service "Automatic Updates".

3. Click on the Log On tab, please ensure the option "Local System account" is selected and the option "Allow service to interact with desktop" is unchecked.

4. Check if this service has been enabled on the listed Hardware Profile. If not, please click the Enable button to enable it.

5. Click on the tab "General "; make sure the "Startup Type" is "Automatic" or "Manual". Then please click the button "Stop" under "Service Status" to stop the service.

6. Then please click the button "Start" under "Service Status" to start the service.

7. Please repeat the above steps with the other services:

Background Intelligent Transfer Service

Event Log

Remote Procedure Call (RPC)

Note: Event log service is enabled on all of the hardware profiles; this service does not have an option to enable or disable on certain hardware profile.

If it still does not help, let's proceed to step 3.

Step 3 Reload the Update temporary folders.

===================================

One possible cause is that the temporary folder for Windows Update is containing corrupted files. Let's erase all the files there to get the system clean.

1. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net stop WuAuServ

2. Click Start, Run, type: %windir% and press Enter.

3. In the opened folder, rename the folder SoftwareDistribution to Sdold.

4. Click Start, Run, type: cmd and press Enter. Please run the following command in the opened window.

Net start WuAuServ

Please test the Windows Update website and let me know the result. If the issue persists, to clarify the issue and provide more accurate troubleshooting steps, please assist me in collecting the following information.

AsRock, Nov 29, 2021
  4. Cant update Windows from 18362

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Nov 29, 2021
Thema:

Cant update Windows from 18362

1. Cant update Windows from 18362 - Similar Threads - Cant update 18362

2. Cant update Windows from 18362

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant update Windows from 18362: Hello :,i have a quite difficult problem here for me^^I was not even aware of the problem for a long time. It was only when I downloaded Battlefield 2042 a few days ago that I noticed the problem. I was disappointed when I tried to start the game and was told that my Windows...
  3. Cant update Windows from 18362

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Cant update Windows from 18362: Hello :,i have a quite difficult problem here for me^^I was not even aware of the problem for a long time. It was only when I downloaded Battlefield 2042 a few days ago that I noticed the problem. I was disappointed when I tried to start the game and was told that my Windows...
  4. Cant update from 10.0.18363

Cant update from 10.0.18363: Feature updates have failed on my computer since 20h. I went through the gauntlet with 20h and and finally abandoned hope. My attempt to update to 21h also failed. Now my image editor wont enable accelerated graphics so I have to fix this. Windows support told me to download...
  5. Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Windows 10 Build 18362 - Speakers not Working: Symptom: ‘Sound’ reports Speakers Not Plugged In. Speakers and Headphones are greyed out. The only available items for Playback are ‘Digital Audio (S/PDIF)’ Hardware: Gigabyte MB X58-USB3, home built around 2013 Background: PC Working fine then Windows Update took it to...
  6. Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically: Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically. I've not had Windows issues in a long time. What should I do? 135153
  7. Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically

in Windows 10 Support
    Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically: Just upgraded to 18362 and it's freezing periodically. I've not had Windows issues in a long time. What should I do? 135153
  8. KB 4503293 out for 18362

KB 4503293 out for 18362: KB4503293 takes us to build 18362.175 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/kb-4503293-out-for-18362/98198826-4bea-40d8-b6c3-9ffcd9190570
  9. how to remove pause in advanced options in build 18362 windows updates

how to remove pause in advanced options in build 18362 windows updates: 2019-answers-how to remove pause in advanced options in build 18362 windows updates, Press Windows key + I and select update and security >> Advanced options >>choose how updates are delivered>>toggle the switch to OFF. THERE IS NO TOGGLE SWITCH TO TURN OFF!!!...
  10. Small issue in latest build 18362....

in Windows 10 Support
    Small issue in latest build 18362....: Got a strange issue! I have a Lenovo T530 laptop....and I was able to install 18362....after several failing tries of the update site, but eventually had to install via the ISO on a USB. EVERYTHING is working.....so I am very pleased. I do have one small issue. When I close...