Windows 10: Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!!

Discus and support Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!! in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hello, I have been at this for some time now and I am now getting anxious. I am trying to update my Windows to the latest version however for some... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/TheLenzSeesAll, Feb 10, 2020.

1. Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!!

Hello,

I have been at this for some time now and I am now getting anxious. I am trying to update my Windows to the latest version however for some reason I am getting errors when trying to update. I have posted on the Microsoft forums and unfortunately I have not had any success. It seems that either Microsoft are not listening or they have just forgotten me. Please could someone help me as I am flailing around like a loose cannon over here!

Right now down to what I am struggling with...

I am currently trying to update Windows to the latest update however I am getting stuck at Feature Update 1903. This has been going on for a while now but I thought it would be fixed in time with perhaps future patches. However I am now annoyed and fed up of waiting for this to be fixed automatically and I am now worried that I may have to re-install windows if this doesn't work. Underneath you can see what Windows has to say from the update window:

"There were problems installing some updates, but we'll try again later. If you keep seeing this and want to search the web or contact support for information, this may help:

Feature update to Windows 10, version 1903 -Error 0xc1900223"

So let's go over what I have tried:

Windows troubleshooter, Windows update troubleshooter and Windows Update Assistant. All of these have failed and returned the same result. I have also tried going to the Microsoft Update Catalogue website and it says: "This update is not applicable to your computer" When my system is 64bit and the installer is the 64 bit version 1903. I have also tried to use the SetupDiag tool which has returned this log file:

Matching Profile found: FindAbruptDownlevelFailure - 55882B1A-DA3E-408A-9076-23B22A0472BD

SetupDiag version: 1.6.0.0

System Information:

Machine Name = RORYSROCKET

Manufacturer = Gigabyte Technology Co., Ltd.

Model = Z97P-D3

HostOSArchitecture = 2057

FirmwareType = PCAT

BiosReleaseDate = 20150918000000.000000+000

BiosVendor = BIOS Date: 09/18/15 16:34:18 Ver: 04.06.05

BiosVersion = F8

HostOSVersion = 10.0.17134

HostOSBuildString = 17134.1.amd64fre.rs4_release.180410-1804

TargetOSBuildString = 10.0.18362.418 (19h1_release_svc_prod1.191005-1654)

HostOSLanguageId =

HostOSEdition = Core

RegisteredAV = Avast Antivirus

FilterDrivers = FileInfo

UpgradeStartTime = 17/01/2020 16:45:51

UpgradeEndTime = 17/01/2020 16:57:51

UpgradeElapsedTime = 00:12:00

CV = NspJK/2WR06sCJfE

ReportId =

Error: SetupDiag reports abrupt down-level failure.

Last Operation: Finalize

Error: 0xC1420121 - 0x50015

LogEntry: 2020-01-17 16:57:48, Error SP CMountWIM:Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!! :DoExecute: Failed to mount WIM file C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\winre.wim. Error 0xC1420121[gle=0xc1420121]

Refer to "https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/desktop/Debug/system-error-codes" for error information.

Last Setup Phase:

Phase Name: Pre-Finalize

Phase Started: 17/01/2020 16:57:48

Phase Ended: 01/01/0001 00:00:00

Phase Time Delta: 00:00:00

Completed Successfully? False

Last Setup Operation:

Operation Name: Mount WIM file C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\winre.wim, index 1 to C:\$WINDOWS.~BT\Sources\SafeOS\SafeOS.Mount

Operation Started: 17/01/2020 16:57:48

Operation Ended: 01/01/0001 00:00:00

Operation Time Delta: 0:00:00:00.0000000

Completed Successfully? False

Please could someone tell me what's going wrong?

Many thanks,

TheLenzSeesAll

submitted by /u/TheLenzSeesAll
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/TheLenzSeesAll, Feb 10, 2020
  2. Valeriu Win User

Dolby advanced audio v2 (Windows 10 don-t work)

Hello guys!I have a problem with advanced audio v2 on windows 10 don-t work
    Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!! [​IMG]

Valeriu, Feb 10, 2020
  3. armym3 Win User
    WarRock 3D Detection don´t works

Hello Guys,

i had a problem with my Card. The card didn´t wanted to change in 3D Modus. Ok now i removed the other 2 Pins and now it runs in 3D Modus in 3DMark06 too. The Card is a HD 2900GT. But my Game WarRock don´t runs in 3D Modus. Is there a List where i can start the game in 3D Manual? Because in Automatic it don´t want start because the Card don´t see that it is an 3D Game. Can someone help me?

armym3, Feb 10, 2020
  4. JDivineŠ Win User

Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!!

stuff that don`t work

Nice, no answers what so ever... still can`t open new notifications, still right-click don`t work on taskbar... and still no answer as to why

JDivineŠ, Feb 10, 2020
Thema:

Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!!

1. Can't update Windows to 1903. I don't want to re-install help!!! - Similar Threads - Can't update 1903

2. I want to re-install windows 10.

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I want to re-install windows 10.: Hi there everyone.I purchased a laptop with windows 10 home pre-installed. Now, after a year, I cleaned the whole HDD, so evenmy windows 10 is gone now. Now, I want to re-install my windows 10. If I download the ISO file from microsoft's website, after installing it,how can I...
  3. I want to re-install windows 10.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I want to re-install windows 10.: Hi there everyone.I purchased a laptop with windows 10 home pre-installed. Now, after a year, I cleaned the whole HDD, so evenmy windows 10 is gone now. Now, I want to re-install my windows 10. If I download the ISO file from microsoft's website, after installing it,how can I...
  4. I want to re-install windows 10.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Help re-installing Windows

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help re-installing Windows: So I made an uh oh during my school assignment to download Ubuntu to a USB, and in the process of installing Ubuntu I accidentally re-formatted my hard drive and wiped Windows off my laptop :-) Windows came pre-installed with my laptop, but the internet claims that my laptop...
  6. Can't update to 1903 (May Update) but software I want to use requires it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to 1903 (May Update) but software I want to use requires it.: I'm trying to get my PC updated to version 1903 (May Update) but the Settings application tells me my device isn't compatible and when I tried downloading and installing manually from the web it failed. A piece of software I am trying to use won't allow me to install until...
  7. Can't install Windows 1903 update.

Can't install Windows 1903 update.: Hello, So I've been trying to update to Windows 1903 version for a few days now, and I've been receiving the same error. It crashes at 60% during installation, says one or some components could not be correctly installed, please try again. I have done pretty much...
  8. Build 1903 re-installation

Build 1903 re-installation: Hello. My machine automatically upgraded to Win 10 Build 1903 but, because of compatibility issues, I had to temporarily roll back to 1809. I'm now ready to update the system again however the Windows Update history says that I've successfully upgraded to 1903 however...
  9. No, I don't want to restart and update.

No, I don't want to restart and update.: I got home today to find my computer stuck on an update that i did not schedule. It did 30% in an hour. Luckly it restarted and i was able to boot Linux, so I can at least get some work done, but I am LIVID. I just wasted an hour of my time. Am i not allowed to have control...
  10. I don't want to upgrade and now can't update Windows 7

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I don't want to upgrade and now can't update Windows 7: Windows won't let me update windows 7 unless I'm installing 10, which is downloaded. I changed my mind because of the stuff I'll have to pay to upgrade and a program that I use daily but won't exist in Windows 10. How do I just remove it? 15510