Windows 10: Can't update Windows

Discus and support Can't update Windows in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hello, I've some problems with installing the last update of Windows 10, I can download it but the installation fails. It's the following update... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by Dropbox, May 11, 2016.

1. Dropbox Win User

Can't update Windows

Hello,

I've some problems with installing the last update of Windows 10, I can download it but the installation fails.
    It's the following update what gives the problem:
    Cumulatieve update Windows 10 Version 1511 voor x64-systemen (KB3156421)

Downloading it directly (I found it here - before I registerd) doesn't work either.
    The current information in Winver:

Can't update Windows [​IMG]

Any help would be welcome, since all other updates are installing good.

:)

Dropbox, May 11, 2016

2. Windows update_1900101 Windows 10

I haven't been able to install Windows 10 due to the following error: C1900101-20017. Any idea what this is and does it mean I'm out of luck?

Windows update-1900101, May 11, 2016
  3. Windows 10 haven't updated to version 1511 --- How to find product key

I haven't run the ISO disk as of yet, I want the current product key in hand, on a post it note, prior to doing that, not interested in MS bullS**T about it not being needed. 2 hours online with tech support and they can't cope with the question of how
    can the current product key be accessed in windows 10.

I've never owned a Apple product, but I can never see buying or having another MS product in my household after this.

NOT THE ONLY ONE

Windows 10 update fail, May 11, 2016
  4. Steff Win User

Can't update Windows

I get the exact same issue *Sad

Steff, May 11, 2016
  5. Dropbox Win User
    Let's hope someone got a solution.

Dropbox, May 11, 2016
  6. Dropbox Win User
    ^▬^░║

Dropbox, May 13, 2016
  7. Slartybart, May 13, 2016
  8. jmbtexas4 Win User

Can't update Windows

Hi,

Is there any solution to this issue. I upgraded from 7 to 10 with no problems. Now, when I try to install the update for Version 1511 (KB3156421), I am told the updates couldn't be completed and changes are being undone.

jmbtexas4, Jun 2, 2016
  9. Seems as though they might have discovered one issue that causes this.

Let's see who might have teh faulty profile condition where two account point to the same ProfilePathImage

Launch Command Prompt (Admin)

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList" /s > %TEMP%\profList.txt

exit

Attach the profList.txt file in your temp folder to a new post - thanks.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  10. jmbtexas4 Win User
    Hi Slartybart,

I opened the Admin command prompt and pasted:

reg query "HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows NT\CurrentVersion\ProfileList" /s > %TEMP%\profList.txt

and hit enter

I'm not sure anything happened.

Where do I go to find the Profile List?

Thanks

jmbtexas4, Jun 2, 2016
  11. Launch File Explorer and paste the following into the address bar

%TEMP%

The file should be there
    %TEMP% is an environment variable that points to your Temp folder
    example C:\Users\Dad\AppData\Local\Temp

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  12. jmbtexas4 Win User
    Hey Slartybart,

Ok, please see the attached profList.txt

I think you may be on to something. This is an old work computer. I tried to uninstall ESET after the subscription ran out, but I couldn't due to admin permissions. So, I had to make some admin changes on the computer and then, that's when this problem seemed to start.

Thanks!

jmbtexas4, Jun 2, 2016
  13. Can't update Windows

Your profile list looks good. The issue John Wink, et al are chasing does not apply to your machine.
    There is another scenario they are looking at, but no solultion is offered yet.

Could you describe the changes you made trying to solve the ESET issue.
    What AV application are you using now?

Many AV vendors offer a stand alone uninstaller, ESET offeres this:
    How do I manually uninstall my Windows ESET product?ESET Knowledgebase

Read through it, ask questions.

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
  14. jmbtexas4 Win User
    Hi,

I am using Defender now.

I wasn't able to uninstall ESET via the regular add/remove programs option in Control Panel. I did download and use their uninstall tool.

As far as user changes go, I just remember trying to make some profile changes even though I was supposed to already be an admin. I recall trying to remove admin privileges from another user. Sorry I can't be more specific as it was about a month ago.

Thanks!

jmbtexas4, Jun 2, 2016
  15. Ok, thanks. I understand not remembering changes from yesterday *Wink

I guess it's a wait and see what MS comes up with next.

Other members might offer suggestions that I didn't know about or think of ... it will get fixed one way or another.

Hang tight

Slartybart, Jun 2, 2016
Thema:

Can't update Windows

1. Can't update Windows - Similar Threads - Can't update

2. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  3. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update: I have a Lenovo G50-80 notebook. When I do a fresh install, I can see my Huawei router's 2.4 GHz and 5 GHz wireless networks. After Windows finishes updating and installs the Intel network driver, I can no longer see the networks. If I delete the driver from the Device...
  4. Intel wifi card can't see the networks after windows update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. How to fix this ? can't install update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  6. How to fix this ? can't install update

How to fix this ? can't install update: Cant finish downloading the new update https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-fix-this-cant-install-update/008a5fc4-47ba-4855-9078-95d49e588e18
  7. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  8. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC: Please could you assistWindows has updated overnight on my PC and is asking me to sign in to verify. Every time i try to sign in to my account i just get a blank white sign in box with nowhere to enter details. I haven't forgotten my account or password so don't need these...
  9. Since update, i can't sign in to my account on PC

10. Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update/repair Windows 11 22H2 to 23H2: Trying to resolve a number of issues with my son's computer, successfully having some bad RAM replaced by the manufacturer. There are a number of things off with windows, such as not being able to get msconfig to run, microsoft store not opening, and windows update not...