Windows 10: Can't upgrade from home to pro

Discus and support Can't upgrade from home to pro in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Someone I know needed a new laptop. I bought one cloned the ssd to a new one and after that I put it back together. The old laptop had windows 10 home... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Luis-L_, Mar 5, 2020.

1. Can't upgrade from home to pro

Someone I know needed a new laptop. I bought one cloned the ssd to a new one and after that I put it back together. The old laptop had windows 10 home with a digital license installed. The new one came with a windows 7 pro key on a sticker. I tried changing the key to the windows 7 pro key. The laptop then needed to reboot. Then came the features are added screen. After that was at 100% there came a text saying that the upgrade couldn't be processed and that it will revert the changes. I tried it multiple times. I also tried disabling the antivirus and tried the default windows 10 pro key. But nothing works. Can someone please help me?

submitted by /u/Luis-L_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Luis-L_, Mar 5, 2020

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

Hi Bill,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. We apologize for the inconvenience caused and will assist you in the best possible ways.

I suggest you to download and create an installation media for Windows 10 Pro form the link provided below:

Download Windows 10

After the installation media is created, suggest you to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from the installation media. When the upgrade asks for product key, enter the product key purchased for Windows 10 Pro. If it does not accept, suggest you to skip the activation
    step. After the Operating System is installed, suggest you to activate by phone by following the steps below:

• Press “Windows key + R” and type “slui 4” and press Enter.
    • Select the Region from the list and click Next.
    • Call the Toll-Free number provided on top and can activate via phone.

Hope this helps. Keep us posted on the status for further assistance.

Eeshwar Kumar, Mar 5, 2020
  3. jmcslob Win User
    2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't upgrade from home to pro :cool:

jmcslob, Mar 5, 2020
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't upgrade from home to pro

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

T ski b4 your done with this post can you list a step by step fix of what you did, I would appreciate it if you would...Thanks

jmcslob, Mar 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't upgrade from home to pro

1. Can't upgrade from home to pro - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade home

2. can't upgrade from Win 11 home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't upgrade from Win 11 home to pro: hi,I am trying to upgrade from Win 11 home to pro. I have the product key as in the screenshot. When I entered it in the settings, the key is not valid. I tried to enter a generic key but got the same message as here,...
  3. Can't upgrade Windows 11 from home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade Windows 11 from home to pro: I've purchased 2x windows 11 pro licenses with disks to upgrade 2 retail lenovo idea pads which had come with Windows 11 home preinstalled. When I try to use the product key in activation I'm getting:"The product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key......
  4. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi,I have a Windows 10 pro key but when I enter it, it says the key can't be used.I don't understand why, it's a valid key.Any help please?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-pro/e9e8b354-5e9f-4342-a304-fad5d2641f52
  5. upgrade from home to pro

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    upgrade from home to pro: i have a HP DESKTOP WITH WINDOWS HOME INSTALLED. i purchased an upgrade on 08/12/2020. i have tried numerous times and it fails the install. it has a digital key code. the upgrade says that the home edition may not be valid. I tried using the generic activation code and...
  6. Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Win10 Home to Pro: I have Windows 10 Pro on my HDD. I bought a new SSD today and I install Windows 10. When I logged in with my Microsoft account It says "Windows 10 Home Single Language" under Activation Tab. How can I use my existing Windows 10 Pro key on my New SSD? Have a nice day!...
  7. Upgrade from home to pro

Upgrade from home to pro: If I upgrade to "Windows 10 Pro" from "Home" is my "Home" license still valid? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/a78fe5c9-84bd-421f-bb3c-b27f9b5b7073"
  8. Upgrade from Home to Pro

Upgrade from Home to Pro: Just wondering, if I happen to upgrade my Windows 10 from Home to Pro, what will happen to my Home activation key? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upgrade-from-home-to-pro/ae4c447a-f850-4ffc-835e-f99d0764b553"
  9. Can't upgrade from Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Home to Pro: I purchased Windows Pro OEM back in 2016. Now with build 17758.1 it won't let me upgrade from home to pro! It says that I don't have a valid digital license or product key. How can I get it to let me upgrade to pro? Thanks....
  10. Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro

Can't upgrade from Win 10 Home to Pro: I have just purchased this upgrade inside Microsoft Store. However, when I go to Activation -> Go to the store -> Install, it says "Something happened and we can't start the upgrade". Something! No error code, no hint, not even a log in the event viewer, NO-TH-IN-G! I tried...