Windows 10: Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store

Discus and support Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Greetings! I recently decided that I wanted to upgrade my device's edition of Windows from Home to Pro. So, I did what anyone would do and I went into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by ittybitty52432, Feb 28, 2021.

1. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store

Greetings!

I recently decided that I wanted to upgrade my device's edition of Windows from Home to Pro. So, I did what anyone would do and I went into Settings then clicked the button to upgrade my edition, went through the process of buying it in Microsoft Store and then installing it... then it stopped at like 90% and told me it failed. After running the troubleshooter which was of no help, I closed the dialog and searched the forums. I decided to head back to Settings, and I noticed that my copy of Windows 10 Home was no longer activated. I ran the troubleshooter, which did nothing.

I'd like to add that this is the second time that I've had this happen. Last time, when I rebooted, I came back to Settings to see that it had installed Windows 10 Enterprise, which made it all a mess. So I'm kinda scared to reboot now.

What should I do from here?

Thanks!

:)

ittybitty52432, Feb 28, 2021
  2. Frick Win User

Windows 10 Release Date Announced

Windows 10 Home will be $119, Pro $199.

Microsoft: Windows 10 Home costs $119, Pro costs $199

Which is good news actually, because Windows 8.1 is loads cheaper than previous versions (retail licensing at Windows 7 OEM prices). And it sort of puts a huge hole in the Windows subscription theory.

Frick, Feb 28, 2021
  3. Nordic Win User
    Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Feb 28, 2021
  4. 95Viper Win User

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store

Windows Store 10 cents deals

Change your region for Windows Store

95Viper, Feb 28, 2021
Thema:

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store

1. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using MS Store - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade Home

2. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro: Hi,I have a Windows 10 pro key but when I enter it, it says the key can't be used.I don't understand why, it's a valid key.Any help please?Thanks https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-from-windows-10-home-to-pro/e9e8b354-5e9f-4342-a304-fad5d2641f52
  3. Can't upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home

Can't upgrade to Windows 10 Pro from Windows 10 Home: Hello,Recently in my job I received a new laptop with Windows 10 Home already installed on it. I also received Windows 10 Pro OEM DVD disc.I tried to upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro using Activation screen and "Change product key" option. I tried entering the...
  4. Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Win 10 Home Upgrade to Pro using MS Store Failed: Hello,i purchased a new Notebook with Win 10 Home. Needed Pro, so i went to Store und purchased a Win 10 Pro upgrade.After successfull purchase however, i got an error code and was unable to activate the upgrade. When i checked my account, it said i had windows 10 Enterprise...
  5. Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade from MS Store - License queries

Windows 10 Home to Pro upgrade from MS Store - License queries: Hi, Got a new laptop with Windows 10 Home OEM_DM license. I have understood details about the upgrade to Pro from MS Store, which is pretty straight forward. However, I am not clear on the following: While the windows 10 home is OEM_DM type license and thus non...
  6. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro: Okay, so my Dell Studio 540 this computer is running Windows 10 Home, but I want to upgrade to Windows 10 Pro. Backstory: I had Windows 10 Pro on my laptop, but Windows 7 Home Premium on my desktop, so I had uninstalled 10 Pro from my laptop and fresh-installed an...
  7. Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro from the windows store but store downloaded...

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Upgraded from windows 10 home to windows 10 pro from the windows store but store downloaded...: So as the title says, I went to the windows store to upgrade my windows 10 home to windows 10 pro for $99.00. All during the purchase it was stating that I was purchasing windows 10 pro but when the download and install finished, it had installed windows 10 enterprise. Since...
  8. Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Pro using a business MS account: If a company purchases new computers that have Windows 10 Home editions, can the company purchase Pro upgrade using a business account? It looks like an upgrade can only be done using personal MS accounts, but these are not 'personal' computers. Does anyone know how to go...
  9. Upgrading to Pro from Windows 10 Home - MS Store errors with 0x80090016

Upgrading to Pro from Windows 10 Home - MS Store errors with 0x80090016: I need to upgrade my HP Envy from home to pro. It came with 10 Home. When attempting to purchase the $99 upgrade in the MS store, I hit this error - 0x80090016. Anyone have any input? The notebook is only just over a year old, and the only hardware changes done to it...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro without using MS Store credentials

Upgrade from Windows 10 Home to Pro without using MS Store credentials: Hello, When I receive PC's that have Windows Home on them and I want to upgrade to PRO I have a problem. I have a Microsoft Store account that I don't was to use when upgrading my corporate computers. The computers are for Users not Admin so I don't want any of my...