Windows 10: Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON

Discus and support Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Recently purchased the Enterprise add-on for our E3 license to upgrade our computers from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise. All of our users who have... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Todd Goodsite, Jun 30, 2022.

1. Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON

Recently purchased the Enterprise add-on for our E3 license to upgrade our computers from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise. All of our users who have MultiFactor Authentication OFF, successfully were upgraded to Enterprise, but all of our users who have MFA ON, are stuck at Pro. I tested and turned my MFA off, and within two days, my computer upgraded to Enterprise. I turned MFA back ON for myself, and within about two or three months, I was downgraded back to Pro. Does anybody have any experience with this or any ideas on how to keep MFA on, but also upgrade to Enterp

:)

Todd Goodsite, Jun 30, 2022
  2. JBryan41 Win User

Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade

Want to upgrade 11 Home to 11 Pro. Tried download, but apparently files transferred were for 11 Enterprise. This will not activate; error is "invalid digital license or product key". This is on a new Surface. How to proceed?

Can withdraw/delete this. The suggestion to downgrade - listed below - with a 'fake' windows 10 key works.

JBryan41, Jun 30, 2022
  3. log to a computer using multi-factor authentication server

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand your concern as you are looking options for implementing two factor authentication with the Azure multi-factor authentication sever.
    I would suggest you to refer the article on
    Getting started with the Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Server
    which contains information that could prove itself useful to you.

However, as your query is related to Azure Multi-Factor Authentication Sever. I would suggest you to post your query in
    TechNet forums, where we have experts and support professionals
    who are well equipped with the knowledge on Azure multi-factor authentication sever to assist you with the appropriate troubleshooting steps.

We await your response.

Aditya Roy

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Aditya_Roy, Jun 30, 2022
  4. JPGSA71 Win User

Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON

Windows 11 Home to Windows 11 Enterprise

Hi There,

I bought a laptop which was pre-installed with Windows 11 Home.

Our company received our latest activation keys for Windows 11 Enterprise and I need to upgrade to it.

I am battling to find any info on upgrading from 11 home to 11 Enterprise. Searching around I only found info on how to upgrade to Pro edition and one post suggesting that upgrading from Home to Enterprise requires new installation of Windows 11 Enterprise,

I already have valid and licensed O365, Visual Studio etc. installed and configured and would not want to redo all of it.

Will running changepk.exe with Enterprise product key successfully upgrade to Enterprise?

Will inserting the new product key simply upgrade to Enterprise?

Help on this will be appreciated.

JPGSA71, Jun 30, 2022
Thema:

Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON

1. Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade Pro

2. Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free: Hello everyone, I have Windows 11 Pro in a Workgroup-environment and I want to upgrade it to Windows 11 Enterprise.Is it possible to upgrade it to enterprise edation for free? Or should I buy an enterprise key. Is there a way to not lose my current Windows key after upgrading...
  3. Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Is it possible to upgrade from windows 11 Pro to windows 11 enterprise for free: Hello everyone, I have Windows 11 Pro in a Workgroup-environment and I want to upgrade it to Windows 11 Enterprise.Is it possible to upgrade it to enterprise edation for free? Or should I buy an enterprise key. Is there a way to not lose my current Windows key after upgrading...
  4. Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise with Multi Factor Auth ON: Recently purchased the Enterprise add-on for our E3 license to upgrade our computers from Windows 11 Pro to Enterprise. All of our users who have MultiFactor Authentication OFF, successfully were upgraded to Enterprise, but all of our users who have MFA ON, are stuck at Pro....
  5. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  6. Multi Factor Authentication device unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multi Factor Authentication device unlock: Hi Community! I have recently configured Multi factor authentication device unlock logging into Windows. Following the company wishes for something that you know, something that you are and something that you have i have tried to set this up on our devices.I achieved this via...
  7. Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro

Can't upgrade from Windows 10 Pro to Windows 11 Pro: I can see that under settings, Update & Security, Windows Update that "This PC can run Windows 11" green check mark et. al.Selecting Check for updates doesn't show give me any option to upgrade to Window 11 Pro. What gives. I've been on OS build 19044.1415 for some time...
  8. Multi-factor Unlock

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Multi-factor Unlock: I'm testing various options for multi-factor unlock, I'm applying the settings via Microsoft Endpoint and I can't find a great deal of information about troubleshooting trusted signal rules. Applying rules that enable the 2nd factor to be my mobile phone works:...
  9. Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Upgrading to Windows 10 Enterprise from Pro: Hello, I am unsure about the process of upgrading from Pro edition to Enterprise. I'm working for an IT company and we have a Enterprise edition key which I manually entered on my workstation to try out. Previously it was Pro edition and after entering the Enterprise key...
  10. Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update to TH2 after upgrading from PRO to ENTERPRISE...: Since I changed the product key from Windows 10 Pro to Enterprise: ​ Can't update to TH2 Can't reinstall Enteprise or Pro ISO's, keeping personal files (this option is disabled because ..."you are installing a different version of Windows"). [img] So now I have a...