Windows 10: Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

Discus and support Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi all, This is my first post in Microsoft community. I came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by AdibOrnob, Nov 6, 2021.

1. AdibOrnob Win User

Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

Hi all, This is my first post in Microsoft community. I came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors. Clock speed 2.9GHz. I have attached picture from `Windows 10 21H1 Supported Intel Processors` link and it seems my processor is lin the list of supported processors. I have also gone through PC health check and it says that my processor is not currently compatible for windows 11. Any suggestions?Sincerely, Adib

:)

AdibOrnob, Nov 6, 2021
  2. waltc Win User

Introducing Windows 11

Thanks--when I looked at the list the AMD CPUs hadn't been posted. At least some Athlons are on the list, which might make it simpler for you.

waltc, Nov 6, 2021
  3. Yolvi Ell Win User
    CPU / CPU Processor problems / Processor affinity

We appreciate the information you provided. Your processor is working as expected. CPU affinity is only showing CPU (0) since 1 processor is working at the moment. It's very likely that your computer is using a balanced power plan, so we suggest changing
    your power plan to High Performance by following these steps:

• Right-click Start.
    • Click Power Options.
    • Choose High Performance.

In addition to that, we recommend installing the latest updates to keep your system current and secure. Go to
    Start > Settings > Update & Security > Check for updates.

Some programs may also be automatically launching whenever you boot your computer, affecting the performance. To disable them, follow these steps:

• Right-click your taskbar.
    • Click Task Manager.
    • Under the Startup tab, find the programs that you don't need.
    • Right-click the program and choose Disable.

You're also using your computer for a game that was designed to run on an earlier version of Windows, so it's possible that it's slowing down your computer. In this case, use the Compatibility Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with the program using
    these steps:

• Click Start.
    • Type Troubleshooting and press Enter.
    • Click Run programs made for previous versions of Windows.
    • Click Next.
    • Choose the program from the list and click Next.

Let us know if you need further assistance with your computer.

Yolvi Ell, Nov 6, 2021
  4. dalchina Win User

Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

Processor nogo Win11 upgrade - Upgrade processor?

Below in this list I've prepared for the many many times this topic is going to arise there's a list of CPUs that are deemed compatible:

You could try this tool... it may tell you "why" you are failing... 3rd Party tool to check for Win 11 compatibility - GitHub | Windows 11 Forum

Specifications:
    Find Windows 11 specs, features, and computer requirementshttps://www.microsoft.com/en-us/wind...specifications
    Full specification:
    https://download.microsoft.com/downl...ndows%2011.pdf

Graphics:

Only machines after about 2015 can support Direct X 12 graphics. Try dxdiag.exe on yours e.g. from a Run box

CPU:
    You can check to see if your CPU is in this list: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/win...tel-processors

TPM

Check whether you have TPM 2 and if it’s enabled: run
    tpm.msc
    from e.g. a run command.

dalchina, Nov 6, 2021
Thema:

1. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade though

2. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR...: Can't upgrade to Windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-to-windows-11-even-though-my/000aa39f-dfd5-4de8-a6fb-dff39de7a2ad
  3. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR...: Can't upgrade to Windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU IntelR CoreTM i5-7200U CPU @ 2.50GHz 2.71 GHz https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-upgrade-to-windows-11-even-though-my/000aa39f-dfd5-4de8-a6fb-dff39de7a2ad
  4. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU: came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors. Clock speed 2.9GHz. I have attached picture from `Windows 10 21H1 Supported Intel...
  5. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU: came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors. Clock speed 2.9GHz. I have attached picture from `Windows 10 21H1 Supported Intel...
  6. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU: Hi all, This is my first post in Microsoft community. I came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors. Clock speed 2.9GHz. I have...
  7. Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU

Can't upgrade to windows 11 even though my Processor is in the list of supported CPU: Hi all, This is my first post in Microsoft community. I came to know that my laptop is unable to update to windows 11 from windows 10Home version 21H1. My processor is IntelR CoreTM i7-7500U CPU @ 2.70GHz, 2901 Mhz, 2 Cores, 4 Logical Processors. Clock speed 2.9GHz. I have...
  8. Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list: Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pc-check-tool-shows-cpu-not-supported/e2fe9bd8-b121-41f7-b0d5-ba217b3f54d2
  9. Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list

Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list: Windows 11 PC check tool shows CPU not supported though my CPU is on the supported list https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-pc-check-tool-shows-cpu-not-supported/e2fe9bd8-b121-41f7-b0d5-ba217b3f54d2
  10. Windows Update Installed An Update Even Though My Processor Isn't Listed As Being Supported

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Windows Update Installed An Update Even Though My Processor Isn't Listed As Being Supported: Despite my laptop's processor IntelR CoreTM i7-4710HQ not being mentioned on https://support.microsoft.com/en-us/help/4497165/kb4497165-intel-microcode-updates, Windows Update installed the update mentioned on the page. Checking for updates after uninstalling the update only...