Windows 10: Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.

Discus and support Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop. in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Why cant my desktop, equipped with a Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz support Windows 11. I've used PC Health Check and all other requirements are met. This... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Torquester, Nov 23, 2021.

1. Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.

Why cant my desktop, equipped with a Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz support Windows 11. I've used PC Health Check and all other requirements are met. This computer is less than 4 years old. Doesn't make sense..

:)

Torquester, Nov 23, 2021
  2. btarunr Win User

HP Offers Customers Free Upgrade to Microsoft Windows 7

HP today announced it will offer the Microsoft Windows 7 operating system on consumer and business PCs beginning Oct. 22.

To meet customers’ computing needs while protecting their investments, the company is participating in the Windows Upgrade Option Program to help customers transition easily to Windows 7. The program will enable customers who purchase qualifying HP PCs to enjoy the benefits of a new Windows-based PC immediately and receive a free upgrade to Windows 7 when it becomes available in October.

Customers who purchase an HP PC starting today may be eligible for the upgrade program. HP customers can visit www.hp.com/go/windows7upgrade to check for upgrade eligibility, register and get answers about their PCs and current operating systems. Following general availability of Windows 7 on Oct. 22, qualifying customers will receive the Windows 7 upgrade and an upgrade utility disk with a step-by-step guide for installation at their convenience.

Throughout the development of Windows 7, HP has had an unprecedented level of collaboration with Microsoft to improve the user experience. HP has made a significant investment in hardware and software testing to ensure broad compatibility and a satisfying technology experience across its commercial and consumer PC portfolios.

“HP has helped guide Microsoft through the development of Windows 7, collaborating and offering unique insight and counsel on emerging technologies,” said Carlos Montalvo, vice president, Experience Marketing, Personal Systems Group, HP. “Because of this early collaboration, HP has engineered truly innovative PCs – from our thin and light notebooks and high-performance desktops to our acclaimed TouchSmart PCs – providing advanced performance, compelling user experiences and more functionality overall.”

For more than two years, HP’s collaboration with Microsoft has consisted of sharing industry best practices and technology for mobility, touch innovation and printing, and working to ensure a good customer experience when upgrading to Windows 7.

“We are thrilled with the level of collaboration between HP and Microsoft throughout the development of Windows 7,” said Nick Parker, general manager, Worldwide Sales for HP, Microsoft. “Through the Windows Upgrade Option program, we can help our joint customers get new PCs now and get ready to experience the innovation and simplification that Windows 7 delivers.”

To help simplify the Windows 7 upgrade process, the HP Upgrade Assistant will identify and preinstall most necessary drivers. The HP Support website will continue to be updated with drivers, allowing customers to easily update their PCs without the burden of researching and downloading drivers for graphic cards and attached peripheral hardware.

HP PCs with Windows Vista on the market today meet the hardware requirements to run the Windows 7 operating system. Customers can continue to purchase new PCs from HP with the confidence that they will run the Windows 7 operating system when it becomes available later this year.

Customers can join the conversation about the upcoming launch of Windows 7 on the HP Consumer Support Forum or HP Business Support Forum for businesses. More information about HP’s Windows Upgrade Option Program is available at www.hp.com/go/windows7.

Source: HP

btarunr, Nov 23, 2021
  3. HP I7, online upgraded to Windows 10

My HP I7 was "online upgraded" to Windows 10 and during an "automatic update" became obsolete. According to Microsoft my hardware can "no longer support Windows 10" and offered no solution. I have no virgin Windows 7 software and wish to resurrect this device with minimal file loss as possible

Tony Goodson, Nov 23, 2021
  4. Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.

hp stream 11's touchpad not working

Hi Bradt,

Thank you for bringing up your query on Microsoft Community.

Apologize for the difficulties that you're experiencing in Windows 10.

Please be assured that we will do our best to help you.

This might have occurred due to incompatible\ corrupted driver.

Let us try the following steps, and check if it helps.

Step 1: Run the Hardware and Devices
    troubleshooter.

Hardware and Devices troubleshooter checks for common problems and makes sure that any new device or hardware connected to your PC is installed correctly.

• Type troubleshooting in the search bar.
    • Select Troubleshooting.
    • Select View all on the top left corner.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the on-screen instructions to run the troubleshooter.
    Step 2: Let us try to download and install the latest chipset driver from the computer manufacturer website and check if it helps.

A chipset driver is a type of driver that refers to what is needed for a computer operating system to work with and recognize the devices connected to the computer.

You may also, try the steps suggested by Edward Shockley (replied on January 1, 2016)
    in the following thread:

Touchpad not working, or found HP stream 11

http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...tream-11/f7dff18e-5dc3-4b4c-bb6d-a073dcd11440

Hope it helps.

Let us know the status, we are glad to assist you further.

Abdul_Malik, Nov 23, 2021
Thema:

Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.

1. Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop. - Similar Threads - Cant upgrade equipped

2. Windows 11 cannot be installed on an i7-6100 HP Desktop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 cannot be installed on an i7-6100 HP Desktop: I have a pretty beefy HP desktop, with an i7-6100 3.4GHz processor and 64GB RAM. Microsoft is telling me I cannot run Windows 11 on this machine!?! The processor apparently hasn't been "qualified". How can we get this qualification list updated?...
  3. Windows 11 cannot be installed on an i7-6100 HP Desktop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 cannot be installed on an i7-6100 HP Desktop: I have a pretty beefy HP desktop, with an i7-6100 3.4GHz processor and 64GB RAM. Microsoft is telling me I cannot run Windows 11 on this machine!?! The processor apparently hasn't been "qualified". How can we get this qualification list updated?...
  4. Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.

Cant upgrade to Windows 11 on my i7 equipped HP desktop.: Why cant my desktop, equipped with a Intel i7-7700 CPU @ 3.60GHz support Windows 11. I've used PC Health Check and all other requirements are met. This computer is less than 4 years old. Doesn't make sense.....
  5. Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.: Hi, just wondering if anyone has installed win 11 even tho it says that the processor doesn't support it? i have a HP Elitebook G1 850 and would really like to use win 11 on it, I asked support team and they said it would void my warranty but that's finished now anyway. What...
  6. Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.

Cant upgrade to win 11 on my hp elitebook.: Hi, just wondering if anyone has installed win 11 even tho it says that the processor doesn't support it? i have a HP Elitebook G1 850 and would really like to use win 11 on it, I asked support team and they said it would void my warranty but that's finished now anyway. What...
  7. Upgrade to Windows 11 with a i7-6700

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 with a i7-6700: Hey y'all, When I run PC health check it says I cannot upgrade my desktop to windows 11 because my "processor is not supported for Windows 11". When I check Windows 10 21H1 Supported Intel Processors, however, it says my CPU, Intel Core i7-6700, is supported. So, why can I...
  8. Upgrade to Windows 11 with a i7-6700

Upgrade to Windows 11 with a i7-6700: Hey y'all, When I run PC health check it says I cannot upgrade my desktop to windows 11 because my "processor is not supported for Windows 11". When I check Windows 10 21H1 Supported Intel Processors, however, it says my CPU, Intel Core i7-6700, is supported. So, why can I...
  9. Upgrade to Windows 11 with i7-7500U

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Upgrade to Windows 11 with i7-7500U: My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 13", i7-7500U 2 core 4 thread, 8GB RAM, 512GB Storage UEFI enabled and TPM 2.0. Technically speaking it meets those qualifications of the minimum requirements. But the CPU is also not listed here:...
  10. Upgrade to Windows 11 with i7-7500U

Upgrade to Windows 11 with i7-7500U: My laptop is a HP Spectre x360 13", i7-7500U 2 core 4 thread, 8GB RAM, 512GB Storage UEFI enabled and TPM 2.0. Technically speaking it meets those qualifications of the minimum requirements. But the CPU is also not listed here:...