Windows 10: Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store

Discus and support Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; Hi, I just got a new Dell XPS desktop with win 10 Home installed. I wanted to upgrade to win 10 pro. I bought upgrade key on Amazon:... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by MetroP, Nov 8, 2020.

1. MetroP Win User

Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store

Hi,

I just got a new Dell XPS desktop with win 10 Home installed.

I wanted to upgrade to win 10 pro.

I bought upgrade key on Amazon:

https://www.amazon.com/Windows-Pro-Upgrade-Online-code/dp/B0828N9MTC/ref=sr_1_3?crid=1C9JX0X4SAK79&dchild=1&keywords=windows+10+upgrade&qid=1604841597&sprefix=windows+10+up%2Caps%2C194&sr=8-3

Going to activation screen and enter key under "change product key". It accepts the key and starts process. However, after a short while it states that there is a problem.

Any subsequent attempts to change key will fail immediately with error 0xc004f061

I called MS support, they told me to download Win 10 pro and install. Is this really true? Why does the default method documented by MS not work?

:)

MetroP, Nov 8, 2020
  2. cakarci Win User

Windows 10 home to Pro Upgrade Problem

I had windows 8.1 home edition and upgraded it to windows 10 home. But I thought ıt would be nice to upgrade it to windows 10 pro and I decided to bought windows 8.1 pro (since windows 10 pro is not available in windows store Turkey) in order to upgrade
    to windows 10 pro. I tried to enter my new product key but it was invalid for windows 10. Any suggestions ? Should I revert back to windows 8.1 home and enter new bought 8.1 pro product key then upgrade to windows 10 pro ??

cakarci, Nov 8, 2020
  3. Bought Windows 10 Pro upgrade, clicked on the Start Upgrade icon and it fails.

Hi Charlotte,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

We understand how you feel about the situation. We're sorry for the trouble this has caused.

Before we proceed, I need more information to help you better:

• Do you have wired or wireless internet connection?
    • Have you installed all the pending updates on the system?
    • Are you trying to upgrade from the Microsoft account?
    • Did you activate your copy of Windows 10?

I suggest you to follow these steps below:

1. In your Windows 10 Home PC, open Settings, and click/tap on the Update & security icon.

2. Click/tap on Activation on the left side, and click/tap on Go to Store on the right side.

3. Click/tap on Start upgrade to begin.

4. Windows will now start preparing for upgrade.

5. When finished preparing, your Windows will automatically restart and start upgrading to Windows 10 Pro.

6. When finished upgrading, sign back in to your Microsoft account profile, and click/tap on Close.

You can also verify, if you have Windows 10 pro version, by following these steps below:

• Press Windows key+ R keys to open RUN command box.
    • Type msinfo32 and hit Enter.

Further, you can download the Windows 10 pro ISO file and perform a clean install, using the product key, which you have. Also I like to inform, to activate your copy of Windows 10.

Try to refer to the Microsoft article below and check, if it resolves the issue.

Upgrading Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro:

Upgrade Windows 10 Home to Windows 10 Pro

Please feel free to contact us, if you face any issues with Windows.

Thank you.

AntonyJose, Nov 8, 2020
  4. Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store

Windows 10 Upgrade

Hi,

Is there any info that we can download the Windows 10 ISO file or Bootable file to have a fresh install of Windows 10 using our recent Windows key or Upgrade key.

As far as I have known, installing via upgrade can cause some corrupt files and etc.

A reformat or clean install would be better.

Any thoughts?

rubenclavs, Nov 8, 2020
Thema:

Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store

1. Can't upgrade windows 10 home to pro with upgrade key I bought thought Amazon store - Similar Threads - Can't upgrade home

2. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.: I have Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store. I keep getting Windows upgrade failed Error Code:0x80070490. I tried using the generic key but that fails as well. My Microsoft account shows I paid for the upgrade Home to Pro, but it shows my...
  3. Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 Home to Pro upgrade bought in Microsoft Store fails to upgrade my laptop.: I have Windows 11 Home and purchased the Pro upgrade through the Microsoft store. I keep getting Windows upgrade failed Error Code:0x80070490. I tried using the generic key but that fails as well. My Microsoft account shows I paid for the upgrade Home to Pro, but it shows my...
  4. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  5. Can't upgrade windows home to pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't upgrade windows home to pro: Dell AIO Inspiron PC can't upgrade Windows 11 Home Single Language to Windows 11 Pro, when entering a Windows 11 Pro license it always fails and comes out Error "The Product key that you entered didn't work. Check the product key and try agany, or enter a different...
  6. I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I bought the upgrade from windows 10 home to pro, but I can't activate it.: Like the title says, today I bought the windows 10 upgrade from home to pro on the Microsoft store. I didn't receive a product key or digital license and I did upgrade my RAM few months ago. How can I activate my new copy of windows 10 if necessary. Thanks....
  7. Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro - I thought!

Upgraded to Windows 10 Pro - I thought!: After months battling with buggy Windows 10 Home updates, today, I paid to upgrade to 10 Pro. Unfortunately, the upgrade had error codes so i called Microsoft support. After spending over an hour + where I agreed to have the tech remotely access my computer and download an...
  8. Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Windows 10 Home Key after to upgrading to Pro: Hi, I want to upgrade my Windows 10 Home to Pro, as my local shop is having a big discount sale. After I upgraded to Pro using the new key, what happen with my current Windows 10 Home key? Can I use it for another device? If it's worth to mention, I upgraded to 10 Home from...
  9. Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Home upgrade to Pro with bad key: Hello, I have Windows 10 Home on my PC. I recently was given a Windows 10 Pro key from someone who said he had a handful of them. If the key that he gave me works, but later on is found to be 'fake', would it just revert back to Windows 10 Home that came with my PC, or will I...
  10. Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday)

Upgrade from Windows 10 home to Pro (bought yesterday): I have spent at least 5 hours on this, possibly 10 or more. I have Windows 10 Home (x64) Version 1809 (build 17763.737), activated, bought with a new Acer several months ago. Yesterday I bought the Windows 10 pro upgrade for $99 + tax at Microsoft. The activation page...