Windows 10: Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset

Discus and support Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset in Windows 10 Updates and Activation to solve the problem; I have windows 10 home version 1803, already purchased windows 10 pro. I have recently reset my laptop and need to perform the windows upgrade. After... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Updates and Activation' started by aizulhussin osman, Jun 6, 2019.

1. Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset

I have windows 10 home version 1803, already purchased windows 10 pro. I have recently reset my laptop and need to perform the windows upgrade. After install and restart, my windows is still windows 10 home

:)

aizulhussin osman, Jun 6, 2019
  2. Nordic Win User

Windows 10 upgrade problem, no input accepted

I really hate having to come here and ask for help, but I really am stumped. It hurts my geek pride. I have a PC with fairly modern hardware in it. It has a p8p67 pro in it. I have tried upgrading windows 10 on it twice now. Both times I have had the same result.

After windows finishes upgrading it goes to the log in/set up screen. I can't do anything. No keyboard or mouse input is accepted.

I will list some, or hopefully all, of the troubleshooting steps I have tried:
    • Move keyboard and mouse to different USB ports.
    • Try different keyboard or mouse.
    • Restart computer, repeatedly.
    • Google for related issues.
    • Update Bios, because why not.
    • Create boot media and revert to windows 7.
    The windows 10 system restore boot media works fine with keyboard and mouse. All USB ports work in windows 7. I don't know what is wrong. I suspect that windows 10 is lacking a driver of some sort, but since the computer accepts no input I have no way of checking for which driver let alone installing it.

Please help me figure this out. If I have to revert back to windows 7 again, I am not going to get it upgraded to windows 10. Thank you in advanced.

Nordic, Jun 6, 2019
  3. Ahhzz Win User
    Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Jun 6, 2019
  4. Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset

windows xp installation and dual core am

could someone please list the steps they follow to install windows with a dual core processor and windows xp service pack to. I'm reletively new to amd dual core and i feel i'm missing a step. All help will be appreciated. thanx

exodusprime1337, Jun 6, 2019
Thema:

Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset

1. Cant upgrade Windows Home To Windows Pro after PC Reset - Similar Threads - Cant upgrade Home

2. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  3. Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Reset Surface with Home that was upgraded to Pro: I've got a surface device that came with Windows 11 Home edition, I've upgraded to Windows 11 Pro. If I were to reset the device, would I loose the Pro license and go back to home?...
  4. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool: I bought a windows 10 home key so that i could upgrade from my current version: windows 7 ultimateWanting to upgrade the computer i downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool.The windows 10 setup automatically selects pro and i cant select home as a option.How can i force...
  5. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool: I bought a windows 10 home key so that i could upgrade from my current version: windows 7 ultimateWanting to upgrade the computer i downloaded the windows 10 media creation tool.The windows 10 setup automatically selects pro and i cant select home as a option.How can i force...
  6. Cant upgrade to windows 10 home only to pro with the mediacreationtool

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  7. Windows Home to Pro Upgrade

Windows Home to Pro Upgrade: I have a computer that came with Windows 10 Home pre-installed, can I upgrade it to Pro using an OEM/OEI license I have a sealed one lying around? Is that legal, or would I need a GGK license?...
  8. After resetting the PC, Can I upgrade windows 10 Home to windows 10 Pro using the same...

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    After resetting the PC, Can I upgrade windows 10 Home to windows 10 Pro using the same...: For some reasons I really need to reset my laptop. When I purchased my laptop It already came with genuine windows 10 Home. So I purchased a Windows 10 pro key and upgraded my device to windows 10 pro.Now my question is, After resting my device can I use previously purchased...
  9. Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 Pro key cant upgrade Windows from Home to Pro?: So I bought a Windows 10 Pro key on Ebay like 2 years ago for 5$. I used it to activate my laptops windows which was Windows 10 Home and as expected it upgraded it to Windows 10 Pro. Everything is working perfectly fine to this day. I'm looking again for a key on Ebay and it...
  10. I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro

I cant upgrade unactivated windows 10 home to pro: So i bought a key from a friend who had a spare one, and when i tried to activate it always came it with an error. He told me in order for the key to work, i need to upgrade to pro first. How do i do this? I've tried many methods and nothings worked....