Windows 10: Cant upload any files or attachments

Discus and support Cant upload any files or attachments in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have a Dell XPS laptop, running windows 10. For some reason, no matter what browser I use, I cannot attach files to email or upload files to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by LAcrashdog88, Nov 25, 2019.

1. Cant upload any files or attachments

I have a Dell XPS laptop, running windows 10. For some reason, no matter what browser I use, I cannot attach files to email or upload files to anything. It just spins and spins, then says it cant upload. I tried at home and at work. Not sure what to do next?

:)

LAcrashdog88, Nov 25, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 25, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 25, 2019
  4. Cant upload any files or attachments

email attachments

Hello Allan,

To attach a document file on an email, you can follow the step given below:

For Windows 10 Mobile:

• Launch to File Explorer app.
    • Press and hold the file that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select Outlook Mail on the suggested applications.

For Windows Phone 8.1:

• Download and install
      Files
      app.
    • Launch Files app.
    • Tap and hold the document that you need to attach on the email, and select
      button.
    • Select the Mail app on the suggested applications.

Feel free to post back if you have other queries.

Timoteo IV Ofr, Nov 25, 2019
Thema:

Cant upload any files or attachments

1. Cant upload any files or attachments - Similar Threads - Cant upload files

2. Disable uploading or attachments

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disable uploading or attachments: Hello community.In our environment we want to disable uploading files over internet or attachments like email attachments is there is a group policy for disabling that? and what we have to do if we want to achieve that? I tried googling about it and we didn’t find any who can...
  3. Disable uploading or attachments

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Disable uploading or attachments: Hello community.In our environment we want to disable uploading files over internet or attachments like email attachments is there is a group policy for disabling that? and what we have to do if we want to achieve that? I tried googling about it and we didn’t find any who can...
  4. Disable uploading or attachments

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. attachment and upload problem

in Windows 10 Gaming
    attachment and upload problem: My problem is that I cannot make e-mail attachments or upload images to sites like tumblr or deviant art. In some cases I get an error message like UNKNOWN ERROR but mostly they just never finish loading even after 5 minutes of waiting. This happens in Chrome, Firefox and...
  6. attachment and upload problem

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    attachment and upload problem: My problem is that I cannot make e-mail attachments or upload images to sites like tumblr or deviant art. In some cases I get an error message like UNKNOWN ERROR but mostly they just never finish loading even after 5 minutes of waiting. This happens in Chrome, Firefox and...
  7. attachment and upload problem

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. Cant Upload Documents or add any attachments while In my Email, or DocuSign, or any program.

Cant Upload Documents or add any attachments while In my Email, or DocuSign, or any program.: When trying to add an attachment to any document, I'm receiving a message that states working on it and it appears to be set and stuck on downloads. I cant select another option or folder as it is frozen at that point. It shows me all the folders on the left hand side as...
  9. Can not attach/upload any file using Windows 10 to any web page using any browser

Can not attach/upload any file using Windows 10 to any web page using any browser: I can not attach any documents or files to my gmail, hotmail, outlook programs using any browser Chrome, firefox, internet explorer, I can also not upload documents to my school turn in website either unless I drag the file. When I go to browse to locate the file I wish to...
  10. Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Windows File Explorer is slow when attaching files to upload: Every time I need to upload something like to an email or a website asking for a document like a resume. I click "attach file" then a file explorer window opens quickly but when I try to navigate to another window it takes like 2 mins to load. This does NOT happen when I open...