Windows 10: Can’t upload files using file explorer

Discus and support Can’t upload files using file explorer in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I’m trying to upload a file to file.io but whenever I try to select the file in the file explorer that pops up, it literally opens the file instead of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Zatiqe, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Zatiqe Win User

Can’t upload files using file explorer

I’m trying to upload a file to file.io but whenever I try to select the file in the file explorer that pops up, it literally opens the file instead of selecting the file and then uploading it.

:)

Zatiqe, Aug 26, 2019
  2. Jelo Sen Win User

Uploading Image Files dialog box not including JPEG files

Hello,

If you have a jpeg 2000 file format it will not work with Internet Explorer due to incompatibility or security reasons.

We suggests that you try the steps below:

Method 1: Reset zones to default

• On Internet explorer > Go to Tools.
    • Click Security > Click on Reset all zones to default level

Method 2:

• Go to the website you want to upload the files.
    • Click on Tools drop down.
    • Choose Compatibility View Settings > Then add the website.
    • Refresh the page and try to upload the files again.

Let us know how it goes.

Jelo Sen, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User
    Increase image file upload size cap

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Aug 26, 2019
  4. cereberus Win User

Sorting with File Explorer.

I tried the method that was complicated (3rd option) but fell over in second step as I could not find any "apply to folder button"'.

However, the simple put *.* in search bar, then sort results windows by date does the trick. It is slightly cumbersome as I have to do that each time I am selecting files (to upload to sharepoint) but a lot less hassle than I was having to scroll up and down between sorted file block and sorted folder block.

Many thanks.

M.

cereberus, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

1. Can’t upload files using file explorer - Similar Threads - Can’t upload files

2. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file: In those web prompts where it asks you to upload a file and a special file explorer pops up, I can't figure out a way to deselect files. Normally in file explorer CTRL + Space will deselect items. However in this special file explorer prompt nothing happens, and I can't get...
  3. When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    When I'm selecting a file to be uploaded/used from file explorer I can't deselect a file: In those web prompts where it asks you to upload a file and a special file explorer pops up, I can't figure out a way to deselect files. Normally in file explorer CTRL + Space will deselect items. However in this special file explorer prompt nothing happens, and I can't get...
  4. Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues: Hello,I have had windows 11 for awhile now, I recently installed the latest's update. I noticed now when I click on file explorer, it has trouble finding all the files and doesn't load like it used to. Also when I would click on upload file in an email or for for school work,...
  5. Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues

Windows 11 File explorer and "upload file" issues: Hello,I have had windows 11 for awhile now, I recently installed the latest's update. I noticed now when I click on file explorer, it has trouble finding all the files and doesn't load like it used to. Also when I would click on upload file in an email or for for school work,...
  6. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  7. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

in Windows 10 Gaming
    File Explorer does not open when uploading files: Has anyone experienced an issue where you can't upload files in any apps or even on the internet used different browsers?When I click on browse it does nothing, it does not connect to the file explorer. I'm thinking it's a privacy setting but I already made sure that I...
  8. File Explorer does not open when uploading files

9. OneDrive - how to use File Explorer to access files uploaded to OneDrive website

OneDrive - how to use File Explorer to access files uploaded to OneDrive website: Hi all, I have uploaded a file to my OneDrive website. How can I access that file from File Explorer on Windows 10? Regards, Leigh https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/onedrive-how-to-use-file-explorer-to-access-files/3ff50eb6-b9b7-4c80-8bf7-03b8f7154f39
  10. File explorer can’t find file

in Cortana
    File explorer can’t find file: I do a search in file explorer. It can’t find a file called “crystaldiskinfo”. I search “in” or “disk” or “info”. Tried it on my MacBook. Works fine. Why is windows 10 search so useless....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. why cant I upload files using internet explorer with windows 10