Windows 10: Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10

Discus and support Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10 in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I saw your Discussions. I just follow up on the instructions for this problem. Step 1: Check-in Event Viewer for System event log and the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Margen Japal, Nov 17, 2019.

1. Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10

I saw your Discussions.

I just follow up on the instructions for this problem.

Step 1:

Check-in Event Viewer for System event log and the application event log and see if you have any red errors. Check for errors at the time of the freeze.

a. Click on Start and type in Event Viewer in the start search box and press Enter.

b. Click on Windows Log to expand the list and then click System and check for errors.

c. Click on the application and check for any errors.

Let us know the progress.

I can't upload the files even my screenshots.

Please include the screenshot of the errors that are displayed in the Event Viewer to assist you further with this query.

Follow the steps from the link below to include your screenshot in this post.
    http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/...our-post/2594b08e-32a3-476a-85a6-b021181be7e4

I just want to copy and paste here the errors.

ERROR #1

General: The Downloaded Maps Manager service hung on starting.

Log Name: System

Event ID: 7002,

Source: Service Control Manager

Logged: 11/17/2019

Task Category: None

Keyword: Classic

Level: Error

OpCode: Info

ERROR #2

General: The Realtek DHCP Service service terminated unexpectedly. It has done this 1 time(s).

Event ID: 7034,

ERROR #3

General: The description for Event ID 875 from source Application Popup cannot be found. Either the component that raises this event is not installed on your local computer or the installation is corrupted. You can install or repair the component on the local computer.

If the event originated on another computer, the display information had to be saved with the event.

The following information was included with the event:

ehdrv.sys

The message resource is present but the message was not found in the message table

Event ID: 875, Application Popup

:)

Margen Japal, Nov 17, 2019
  2. W1zzard Win User

Increase image file upload size cap

that's a good idea

W1zzard, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Aquinus Win User

Okay, first off, people need to learn to calm down. That includes the OP and everyone replying. I would consider this a very legitimate concern he raises and I'll explain why and what I would suggest to fix it to address all the concerns brought up.

I see three sides to this.
    • OneMoar wants to upload bigger files. Generally speaking, most users are lazy so this is a valid concern from a usability standpoint. While I do believe there should be an upload limit, there should be a separate storage limit.
    • Concern with bandwidth: I suspect that uploading images is a relatively small amount of bandwidth and that serving up said images is much more costly. So that would put emphasis on getting not putting if bandwidth is a concern.
    • Storage, a very real concern because a lot of images adds up quickly which adds a need to efficiently store said images.
    So my suggestion (assuming W1zz wanted to do this out of kindness of his heart,) is this:
    • Increase upload limit to 10-20MB max.
    • Institute a storage limit of 2-5MB max.
    • Use PHP's GD library to convert uploaded images to JPEG or PNG.
      • PNGs tend to look nicer than JPEGs, but use more space. Probably preferable for smaller images or images requiring transparency.
      • JPEG tends to be very flexible when it comes to quality and the amount of compression. PHP's GD lib gives you control over this.
    So long as the image is uploaded in a format GD can read which includes most commonly used formats, it may not be unrealistic to re-store it in a different format. It's also not unrealistic to use GD to scale the image as well.

I've used GD before and it's relatively easy to use and is relatively quick with respect to performance. I would be willing to write up some examples with respect to how to do it if it were welcomed.

Side note: I see a watermark, GD might be getting used already so this might not be a stretch if the CPU cycles are there to spare.

Aquinus, Nov 17, 2019
  4. AsRock Win User

Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10

Limit each person to what they can upload ?, well that's terrible after time as posted pics end up deleted and leave useful threads with missing pictures.

Or did it misunderstand point number 2.

AsRock, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10

1. Can't Upload Images With Chrome Since Upgrading To Windows 10 - Similar Threads - Can't Upload Images

2. Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question": Inserting a image .png or .jpg, 300 KB fails here in "Ask a Question" -> Files failed to upload I actually wanted to ask a question about Windows 11 language but this is not possible without images....
  3. Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11 can't upload images in "ask a question": Inserting a image .png or .jpg, 300 KB fails here in "Ask a Question" -> Files failed to upload I actually wanted to ask a question about Windows 11 language but this is not possible without images....
  4. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  5. I can't get notifications since a Chrome update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I can't get notifications since a Chrome update: On Saturday, Chrome updated itself. Since then, I no longer receive any notifications in the notification center. For example, sites like Facebook and YouTube always sent notifications, and no longer do. In YouTube, the button to receive notifications in Chrome toggles itself...
  6. Upload an Image to Community

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Upload an Image to Community: Could someone be so kind as to refresh my memory as to how to upload a screenshot for inclusion on this forum? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/upload-an-image-to-community/c0cac188-394a-4266-bd7c-d182c2ce8175
  7. images not uploading

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    images not uploading: I cannot upload images to any online platforms like canva and a local property listing site. I can upload the same images to Facebook without any problems. Please help I need to upload images....
  8. Can't upload a document into Chrome or FoxFire

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't upload a document into Chrome or FoxFire: this is the error message that I receive. Help! Log Name: Application Source: DbxSvc Date: 3/6/2019 8:23:02 PM Event ID: 281 Task Category: (4) Level: Error Keywords: Classic User: N/A Computer: LAPTOP-P5O23LSP...
  9. can't print since Win 10 upgrade

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    can't print since Win 10 upgrade: Hello, I upgraded my 4-5 year-old HP Envy laptop from its native Win 8 to Win 10 a few months ago. Since then, I haven't been able to print to my HP Envy 4500 series printer. I *did*, just today, print a configuration page, but I can't print from Notepad, Word, the net,...
  10. Since upgrading to windows 10

in Windows 10 Support
    Since upgrading to windows 10: Hello, New here. I upgraded to windows 10 this morning and since doing so my speakers are turned off in windows. I have hunted everywhere to turn them on and can't find how to do it and also I can not play videos on youtube. It just gives me an error. Before I upgraded both...