Windows 10: Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast

Discus and support Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; Hi, I'm currently using my Notebook to connect to my LG webOS LH6000 TV and while the connection works, I can't seem to change the resolution. My... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by Nimb, Sep 24, 2016.

1. Nimb Win User

Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast

Hi, I'm currently using my Notebook to connect to my LG webOS LH6000 TV and while the connection works, I can't seem to change the resolution.

My notebook screen is 1366x768 natively. My TV is 1920x1080. The steps I take to connect are: Win+P, connect to a wireless display, choose my TV, connect.

Then I went to right click, display settings and choose extend this displays. Since I know wouldn't be possible to mirror with 1080p. However, even after in extend mode, I can't change my TV resolution to 1080p, it is capped in the same resolution as the notebook. I also tried going to the Intel graphics setting, same thing.

Here's my DxDiag: DxDiag - Pastebin.com
    Intel Report from Cpanel: Intel Report - Pastebin.com
    And here are two screenshots of configurations mentioned above.
    http://s10.postimg.org/r63gnu5tl/Capture.png
    http://s10.postimg.org/4io7hoq9l/Capture2.png

Any ideas on how to run my TV on 1080p? I even tried to run it as "Second screen only", disabling my notebook screen and making the TV the main display, still only goes as far as 1366 x 768.

Thanks

:)

2. How do I cast my windows 10 pc screen to my xbox one?

I've been trying to cast my windows 10 laptop's sreen (not just videos but the whole desktop and everything) to my xbox one cause that's connected to my TV (not a smart TV, just normal HD TV so I can't cast directly to the TV itself). I found out I needed
    a thing called miracast wich I couldn't find so I installed insider hub on my xbox one (heard it makes miracast available) but it didn't help, I can't see miracast anywhere. Is there any way to cast my desktop to my xbox one?

Azazel9088, Sep 24, 2016
  3. Any way to change nokia c7 720p video recording to 1080p video recording??

I recently saw some devices with 1080p video recording being a 8MP camera. My Nokia c7 also has a 8MP camera. Why can't i shoot videos in full HD(1080p) rather than 720p?

jithosh---01, Sep 24, 2016
  4. PJLLB Win User

Apparently your laptop display adapter (video card) does not support any resolution higher than 1366x768. It must at least support 1920x1080 to cast 1920x1080. It is as simple as that.

PJLLB, Sep 24, 2016
  5. Nimb Win User
    While I didn't think of that, apparently it supports:
    http://graphics-cards.specout.com/l/...-Graphics-4000
    GeForce GT 740M | Specifications | GeForce

Intel support for HD 4000 also says regarding resolutions:
    In clone mode: 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz.
    In extended desktop mode: One display at 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz and the remaining two displays at 1920 x 1200 at 60 Hz.
    If using a mobile processor, embedded Display Port (eDP) supports 1920 x 1200 at 60Hz, and two external displays using 2560 x 1600 at 60Hz.

Any other ideas of what could be causing this?

6. xniki15x Win User
    I would say your computer and the fact that your TV is that size are all factors in your problem. Upgrading your computer or getting a new 1 might be a problem solver depending on what you do.

xniki15x, Sep 24, 2016
  7. 1 .Go to NVIDIA control panel
    2. Click Display Resolution on Display on the left side of the window
    3. You will see a "Customize..." button, click it.
    4. Check "Enable resolutions not exposed by the display" if you see 1920x1080 in there then add it. If not, go to step 5.
    5. Click "Create Custom Resoluton..."
    6. Horizontal pixels must be set to 1920 and vertical lines to 1080. Refresh rate must be THE SAME on what your TV or monitor can support at maximum.
    7. Click on apply

If this does not work then just change the value of the horizontal pixels and vertical lines to what can perfectly fit on the screen of your TV. The GeForce 740M will support 1080P resolution

RoasterMen, Sep 25, 2016
  8. Nimb Win User

Hmm. I have the stripped down NVIDIA control panel, I think it's not nvidia who's controlling my output settings, but rather, Intel. I don't know if there's a way to change this. But here's a screenshot of my ncp: http://s22.postimg.org/6k3qqv7fl/Capture.png

So probably it's intel ****ing up somehow (Or not supporting 1920x1080) like it was mentioned above. The weird thing is, the support page for HD graphics 4000 says it *does* support that resolution. So I don't know what is going on. Strange thing is, Intel Cpanel report says it supports it! Intel Report - Pastebin.com

9. jimbo45 Win User
    Hi there

If the actual hardware in your computer doesn't support more than the specified resolution - then you are STUCK with it.
    In general cheaper tablets etc will only support lower resolutions -- however most modern smartphones can cast at full 1080p so that might be a better option -- use mains power though or your battery will run out very quickly. Note also casting sometimes has nasty things like DRM crud so you might not always be able to cast.

The hardware spec of your computer will specify the max output video resolution .

Another issue often forgotten -- unless you use an HDMI connection to the TV you could be prevented from getting 1080p because of the TV hardware (for example if using SCART/AV/RGB/Component/VGA connections).

Cheers
    jimbo

jimbo45, Sep 25, 2016
  10. Okay, I'm guessing the driver that you have for that GeForce 740M is the one that came from the laptop manufacturer? Because you shouldn't even be seeing that in a driver that directly came from NVIDIA.

Have you tried switching to High Performance in the battery settings? Try and set it at that and check NVIDIA Control Panel's settings if anything adds up.

RoasterMen, Sep 25, 2016
  11. Nimb Win User
    Hi, Jimbo! I went ahead and got an HDMI cable to test it, works perfectly. The same Computer and TV can handle 1920x1080 over cabled HDMI. So I think the computer graphics/chipset can handle it just fine. Not sure why it won't work over Miracast, though.

I actually have downloaded the driver directly from NVIDIA and performed a clean install, it's not the drivers that came from the manufacturer. Both Intel's driver and Nvidia's as updated and generic drivers (not from the manufacturer).

Yep, the computer has always been on High Performance *Sad

12. xniki15x Win User
    Never mind what I had to say, then.

xniki15x, Sep 25, 2016
  13. batlhilz Win User

its pretty standard last what 20years to chipsets supporting VGA standars which is up to 2560 x 1600

however theres no "P" in the computer resolutions as it is video resolution.

batlhilz, Apr 5, 2018
Thema:

1. Can't use 1080p on full HD TV over Miracast - Similar Threads - Can't 1080p full

2. How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors: I have a 1440p Monitor on my desktop, and I run an HDMI from my GTX 970 graphics card to the 1080p TV in my living room. I do this so I can sit on the couch and watch something every now and then. The problem I am having is when I play a video game on the PC, I have to unplug...
  3. How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use 1440p Monitor and 1080p TV as Dual Monitors: I have a 1440p Monitor on my desktop, and I run an HDMI from my GTX 970 graphics card to the 1080p TV in my living room. I do this so I can sit on the couch and watch something every now and then. The problem I am having is when I play a video game on the PC, I have to unplug...
  4. Miracast over ethernet

Miracast over ethernet: My Custom Built PC is connected to my network via ethernet No Wifi/WLAN Card and I want to extend my display wirelessly to my TCL Roku Tv.My Tv Does support Miracast as I've been able to cast from my Windows 10 Laptop connected via Wi-Fi to the same tv.To My knowledge My PC...
  5. Miracast over ethernet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Miracast over ethernet: My Custom Built PC is connected to my network via ethernet No Wifi/WLAN Card and I want to extend my display wirelessly to my TCL Roku Tv.My Tv Does support Miracast as I've been able to cast from my Windows 10 Laptop connected via Wi-Fi to the same tv.To My knowledge My PC...
  6. HD 1080P Webcam Not Working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    HD 1080P Webcam Not Working: Hello All, I just bought a Full HD 1080P Webcam. When I plug it into a usb port on my desktop PC the power light comes on. When I go to the windows key and select "camera" I get the message "windows can't find your camera". This is supposed to be a plug and play webcam. If I...
  7. Miracast over Ethernet

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Miracast over Ethernet: I want to use my Wifi connected laptop as an additional monitor for my Ethernet connected desktop but I’ve had no success. I followed all the steps listed here but to no success. I’m aware that Miracast is usually used over WiFi direct, but the link I showed seems to suggest...
  8. unable to miracast to my tv

unable to miracast to my tv: error is this pc and mobile devices does't support miracast https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/unable-to-miracast-to-my-tv/198d87b8-8c1c-41a8-b6f6-3718739db96a
  9. TV switches from 1080p to 1080i

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    TV switches from 1080p to 1080i: I'm using an RCA 55" LED Smart TV on my rig to play games. This was not an issue in windows 7. Going fullscreen on some games causes my display to switch from 1080p to 1080i. It's very annoying. I have been using autohotkey with a force full screen ahk but it doesn't seem...
  10. Samsung TV And Miracast Error

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Samsung TV And Miracast Error: Hello Fellow Windows Users. I tryed to use "windows key"+"k" to use Screen mirroring and i get the next message on the TV: video data is not supported On windows it say connected and on the TV Its keeps Saying Loading i get crazy from it because the tv and laptop...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 720p videos recording to 1080p videos by miracast