Windows 10: can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings

Discus and support can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; win 10 computer running on ethernet sees 2.4 wireless receiver keyboard but keyboard won't work. It's turned on and has fresh batteries, but it won't... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by virginiafromva, Mar 30, 2020.

1. can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings

win 10 computer running on ethernet sees 2.4 wireless receiver keyboard but keyboard won't work. It's turned on and has fresh batteries, but it won't type onto the screen.

:)

virginiafromva, Mar 30, 2020

2. Wireless keyboard not working

Hi Arthur,

Thank you for your response.

I suggest you to connect the keyboard to a different computer and check if it works.

Apart from wireless keyboard, I would also suggest you to connect wired keyboard to the computer and check the status.

If issue still persists, try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

Check in compatibility mode.

Download the keyboard drivers from your computer manufacture website for Windows 10.

Follow these steps to install the drivers in compatibility mode and check if that helps.

• Download the driver from the manufacturer’s website.
    • Right-click on the driver setup file and click on ‘properties’.
    • Click on the ‘compatibility’ tab and check the box ‘Run this program in compatibility mode for’ and select Windows 8 operating system from the drop down menu and proceed
      with the installation.
    • Once this is done, restart the computer and check if the issue persists.

Hope the information helps, if you have any further queries, feel free to post. We are here to assist you.

Ravindra Kamath, Mar 30, 2020
  3. Yo_Wattup Win User
    Best wireless gaming keyboard?

Why would you move away from the reciever? Do you like to ride around your room on your wheelie-chair while gaming or something? *Confused can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings :confused:

And I do play fast paced FPSs and I 100% guarantee you, cross my heart hope to die, swear on my mother's grave, that there is noooooooooooo lag at all. None. Nada. Zilch.

Because 'serious' gamers are uninformed about the accuracy of modern wireless systems and believe (like yourself and Shibdib) that wired will be more accurate, which is not the case. *Toast :toast:

But anyway... I've narrowed it down to 4 keyboards:

The Gigabyte GK-KM7600:

• The most stylish keyboard here
    • Good placement of multimedia keys
    • Price
    • A nice change from Logitech
    • Could have rubbish feeling domes

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings [​IMG]

The Logitech illuminated K800 Wireless Keyboard:
    • ILLUMINATED. awesome feature on a wireless keyboard. I've been looking for an illuminated wireless keyboard for ages, I believe this is the first and only one ever made ever. *Big Grin can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings :D
    • Quality
    • Stupid function key system for multimedia keys.

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings Logitech++K800.jpg

The Logitech MK550:

• Fantastic placement of multimedia keys, one which I am quite familiar with.
    • Ergonomics

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings [​IMG]

And the Logitech MX-5500:

• Get a great mouse with it
    • Pricey due to said mouse

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings MX_5500_klein.jpg

Opinions? I wish I could just buy all of them. *Cry :cry:

Thanks for reading.

Yo_Wattup, Mar 30, 2020
  4. Sasqui Win User

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings

Need a new wireless keyboard - suggestions?

This is a for work - not gaming!

My work keyboard is a wireless logitech, lasted some 6 years and now has a case of sticking keys, so I need a new one. I really liked it, thought the key action isn't the greatest. It has been through millions of keystrokes.

I have a G5 gaming mouse (both work and home), I want to keep that.

So I'm looking for:

• Wireless and responsive
    • (USB and PS2 capable)
    • Assignable hot keys
    • Dedicated volume and playback buttons
    • Great feel (for lots of typing)
    • Intergrated wrist-wrest
    • Black (nice not to see gunk that builds up)
    • Under $100
    Anyone have any "passionate" suggestions? I plan to stop at staples to try some out. I am partial to Logitech.

Sasqui, Mar 30, 2020
Thema:

can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings

1. can't use 2.4 wireless keyboard even tho listed as working in settings - Similar Threads - can't wireless keyboard

2. My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen: win 11 turn my wireless keyboard back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-keyboard-stopped-working-using/1b0d4906-0bbb-472c-9061-a02bb52f719c
  3. My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My wireless keyboard stopped working using keyboard on screen: win 11 turn my wireless keyboard back on https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-wireless-keyboard-stopped-working-using/1b0d4906-0bbb-472c-9061-a02bb52f719c
  4. Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Wireless keyboard and mouse set not working properly: Hello,I recently bought a set of wireless keyboard 3050 and mouse.Recently it stopped working properly and disrupts the work.for example: while typing, the cursor suddenly jumps to the beginning of the lineor when double clicking with the mouse on a line for example opening a...
  5. Using 2 Wireless Mice

in Windows 10 Support
    Using 2 Wireless Mice: Is it possible to connect (wirelessly) a second wireless mouse to the same USB port and have them both work simultaneously? Thanks 171499
  6. Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...

Random keys on keyboard not working - tried 4 wireless, 2 wired, all USB, all have...: - All keyboards were new except the first - Updated ALL associated drivers - All other USB peripherals work - Problem periodically stops for a day or two - Replaced all PC components since it started except RAM, drives 1 HDD, 2 NVMe, and GPU - PCIe USB card didn't...
  7. I can’t use the internet even tho it’s connected to it

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I can’t use the internet even tho it’s connected to it: I have been having a problem with my pc for a while. And the problem is the pc suddenly doesn’t use the internet and if I browse anything it says running Windows network diagnostics I tried everything to stop this problem but it keeps on happening and what drives me crazy is...
  8. 2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’

2 keys not working - not even on ’on screen keyboard’: I just bought a new keyboard after I noticed the 4 & 5 alphanumeric keys weren’t working on my old one. But now I have the exact same problem with the new keyboard. Also I’ve found out that the 2 keys aren’t working on the on screen keyboard neither. When I use an online...
  9. Volume icon gone from taskbar even tho set to ON in Settings

Volume icon gone from taskbar even tho set to ON in Settings: I have tried everything to get my sound icon back on my taskbar to no avail. I have clicked on the blank spot where it should be but nothing, I have changed the sound icon in settings hoping it would wake. All nothing. I did manage to get the grey driver update button to...
  10. Wireless keyboard not working

Wireless keyboard not working: My Microsoft Wireless Keyboard is not working. So far I have done the following: 1) Replaced the batteries. 2) Checked that the USB port is working. I switched to another anyway. 3) I checked the keyboard settings to ensure the Filter Key was off, it was. 4) I...