Windows 10: Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

Discus and support Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Ever since I started using this computer the touchpad won't work at all when I use any of the keyboard buttons. I tried to find a fix for this but all... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SapphireWolf, Sep 12, 2018.

1. Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

Ever since I started using this computer the touchpad won't work at all when I use any of the keyboard buttons. I tried to find a fix for this but all of the fixes don't appear on my computer. I need help with this a soon as possible

:)

SapphireWolf, Sep 12, 2018

2. Can't use my keyboard and touchpad at the same time.

Hi Hayes,

There are several reasons why you are experiencing issues with using your keyboard and mouse at the same time while playing a game. It is possible that the touchpad or the mouse driver is not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the
    following information:

• When was the last time that you were able to use your keyboard and your touchpad at the same time in a game?
    • Did the issue start after an update?
    • Have you tried to update touchpad driver?

If you are using a Synaptics Touchpad, you may follow the steps below to change the touchpad settings:

• Press the Windows key on your keyboard and type Control Panel in the search box.
    • Click on Mouse and go to Device Settings tab.

Go to Settings.
    • Under the Synaptic Settings, go to Pointing, then select
      Sensitivity.
    • Select Palmcheck and set it to Minimum.
    • Test the game.

Loraine Mon, Sep 12, 2018
  3. Cannot use touchpad and keyboard at the same time for gaming on windows 10.

Hi Ariel,

There's a possibility that the touchpad driver is not updated. To properly isolate your concern, please clarify the following information:

• When was the last time that you were able to use your keyboard and your touchpad at the same time in a game?
    • Did the issue start after an update?
    • Have you tried to update the touchpad driver?
    • Have you tried running the Hardware and Devices troubleshooter?

To run the troubleshooter to scan your computer, identify the problems, and attempt to fix the issues automatically, you may refer to the steps below:

• Press Windows key + R and type Control Panel.
    • Type troubleshooting in the search bar and click on Troubleshooting.
    • Click on Hardware and Devices.
    • Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Let us know how it turns out.

Aileen Alf, Sep 12, 2018
  4. Gino Des Win User

Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

Can't use my keyboard and touchpad at the same time.

Thank you for getting back to us, Hayes. By default, some laptops do not allow you to use the keyboard and touchpad at the same time. This feature is intended to prevent users from accidentally moving the mouse pointer by mistake while typing since your
    wrist sometimes rest in the touchpad while typing. However, it also has detrimental effects on other tasks such as in gaming.

In line with this, kindly refer to your laptop manual or support site on how to disable this feature. It is usually found in the touchpad or mouse settings in the Control Panel. To check, follow the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • Start typing Control Panel, and click on Control Panel from the results.
    • If you are in Category view, click on Hardware and Sound.
    • Under Devices and Printers, click on Mouse.
    • The mouse and touchpad software window will open. Look for any settings related to palm tracking,
      touchpad sensitivity, or SmartSense. These settings vary by manufacturer because Windows has limited ability in controlling touchpad options.

If you are not able to see these settings, we suggest that you contact your laptop manufacturer. Check if there are updated touchpad drivers for your laptop. Kindly refer to this link:

Computer manufacturers' contact information

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Sep 12, 2018
Thema:

Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time

1. Can't use a keyboard and touchpad at the same time - Similar Threads - Can't keyboard touchpad

2. How can I use the Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How can I use the Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time?: Hello y'allI bought an Asus ROG Strix G17 2022 and noticed that when I play, the Touchpad gets disabled when I use ASWD. I saw a lot of Forums and watched Videos but nothing helped because I somehow don't have a Synaptics Option anywhere, even after a complete Clean Flash of...
  3. How can I use the Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How can I use the Touchpad and Keyboard at the same time?: Hello y'allI bought an Asus ROG Strix G17 2022 and noticed that when I play, the Touchpad gets disabled when I use ASWD. I saw a lot of Forums and watched Videos but nothing helped because I somehow don't have a Synaptics Option anywhere, even after a complete Clean Flash of...
  4. Can't use my keyboard and mouse at the same time

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use my keyboard and mouse at the same time: Hello, I have a problem that has been going on for a while on my computer and I can't find any way to fix it. As the title says, I am not able to use my mouse and my keyboard at the same time, when I start typing or pressing keys I am not able to click with my mouse. It's...
  5. can't use keyboard and left click at same time.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't use keyboard and left click at same time.: i m not able to use left click with wasd keys.if i only press w key and press LMB it does not work but if i press w key and then i press RBM it works.please tell me how can i fix it..its is only happening with me in windows 10, before i have windows 7 and i never faced this...
  6. Can't use keyboard and trackpad at the same time.

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't use keyboard and trackpad at the same time.: I have a Surface Book 2 and I've had the common issue that I can't type/use the keyboard while using the trackpad. I've tried to solve this by using the Registry Editor solution and following these steps: HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE > SOFTWARE > Synaptics > SynTP and then click on...
  7. Using touchpad & keyboard at the same time on a laptop?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using touchpad & keyboard at the same time on a laptop?: Title, it seems that I can't do this. I've tried setting the option in the registry, and I've tried looking through the mouse settings - however Palm Check doesn't come up. Is there any to do this? submitted by /u/rainestormee [link] [comments]...
  8. Can't click and use the keyboard at the same time.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't click and use the keyboard at the same time.: Hi there, I've had this issue where I can use my Elan Smart Pad and keyboard simultaneously perfectly fine, but I can't click and use the keyboard though. I had this problem for a long time, and gaming is really hard when this happens. If anybody can help, I'd be really...
  9. Can't use touchpad and keyboard at the same time

Can't use touchpad and keyboard at the same time: 'm attempting to play a game on my new hp Zbook that requires me to use the keyboard and my touchpad at the same time. Whenever I do, it stops and won't let me. I tried to research the issue and turn off palm check or smart sense and I don't have either of these in my...
  10. I can't use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time?

I can't use my touchpad and keyboard at the same time?: I have a Windows 10 HP EliteBook and ever since I bought it I haven't been able to use the touchpad (mouse) and the keyboard at the same time, eg. during gaming. It's necessary for the gaming I do, so I need a solution. I managed to fix the same problem on my old Lenovo...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. use touchpad and keyboard at same time

2. use touchpad and keyboard same time

3. cant click and use touchpad at same time

4. touchpad and keyboard at same time,
  5. use keyboard and mouse same time laptop,
  6. windows precision cant use touchpad and keys,
  7. windows precision mouse keyboard and mouse same time,
  8. cant use keys and touchpad at the same time,
  9. cant use keyboard and trackpad same time,
  10. cant use keyboardyboard and mouse at same time