Windows 10: Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

Discus and support Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I can't alt-tab or even press the windows button when I'm in a game. It doesn't matter if the game is fullscreen or bordered. Is there any fix to this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by ExtinctG, Aug 18, 2022.

1. ExtinctG Win User

Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

I can't alt-tab or even press the windows button when I'm in a game. It doesn't matter if the game is fullscreen or bordered. Is there any fix to this? It's really annoying since I can't check discord or google chrome while I'm playing games.

:)

ExtinctG, Aug 18, 2022

2. Gaming and Random Crashes.

Hi,

After some research and failing to find any solution i`ve decided to find help, have a gaming laptop (don`t judge me) and it used to work pretty well, until the latest Witcher expansion, i would be gettting a DPC_WATCHDOG_VIOLATION everytime i tried to start the game, some driver updates later and now i`m randomly getting the same BSOD so far i've tried.

• Updating GPU Driver.
    • DDU the Drivers and do a clean install.
    • running sfc/scannow

Unfortunately my internet time is limited and i couldn`t find any more steps.

Any help would be appreciatted, and sorry for the bad english.

BeardedBrazilia, Aug 18, 2022
  3. terrace Win User
    Screensaver shortcut

I did this"
    Search Results

I would suggest you to try the following steps and check if that helps.

• Go to the folder C:\Windows\System32 and sort by file type.
    • Look for the screensaver file type (.scr).
    • Find the file scrnsave.scr(you can choose any of the screensavers).
    • Right click and select send to>desktop (create shortcut). The shortcut on my attachment, but when i click on it my screen goes off and on and nothing else.Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game :)

terrace, Aug 18, 2022
  4. Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

delete demo games

If you don't want to see them everyday, you can remove their shortcuts from the games folder.

To do this, follow these steps:

• open file explorer
    • go to windows folder
    • go to start menu
    • go to programs>games
    • delete the game's shortcut from there by tapping-n-holding on the shortcut

TarandeepKaur, Aug 18, 2022
Thema:

Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

1. Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game - Similar Threads - Can't shortcuts I'm

2. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  3. Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Are there any shortcuts using F13~F24?: I've accidentally found out that the combination of Windows & F16 works as a shortcut to slide to shut down. Are there any other shortcuts using F13~F24?...
  4. I can't use specific shortcuts or use multiple keys at once in games etc.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use specific shortcuts or use multiple keys at once in games etc.: Hi!This problem have been going on for awhile, and I can't seem to find a fix for it.50% of the times I use specific shortcuts fail. I can't use CTRL + W to close tabs in any browers and I can't use multiple keys with LCTRL in games CTRL + A as an example - A quick fix is...
  5. I can't use specific shortcuts or use multiple keys at once in games etc.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't use specific shortcuts or use multiple keys at once in games etc.: Hi!This problem have been going on for awhile, and I can't seem to find a fix for it.50% of the times I use specific shortcuts fail. I can't use CTRL + W to close tabs in any browers and I can't use multiple keys with LCTRL in games CTRL + A as an example - A quick fix is...
  6. Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use any shortcuts when I'm in a game: I can't alt-tab or even press the windows button when I'm in a game. It doesn't matter if the game is fullscreen or bordered. Is there any fix to this? It's really annoying since I can't check discord or google chrome while I'm playing games....
  7. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  8. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't tab out when I'm in a game: So, since friday, I can't tab out a game. ALT+TAB, Windows key doesn't work. When I close the game, 30sec later it works again. I try looking on the internet and nothing works. I try to contact Geek Squad and they told me they had a customer with the same problem today and...
  9. Can't tab out when I'm in a game

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  10. Can't delete Steam game shortcuts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't delete Steam game shortcuts: Hi I recently got a new PC and was getting it set up okay.I found a way to restore the Games folder on for Windows 10(using the shell:games) command in Run. I made copied and my games executables,and then pasted the shortcuts in my newly created Games folder.Now,i did...