Windows 10: cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11

Discus and support cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11 in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; when i try to open browsers other then microsoft edge it opens and then immeditly closes i tried disableing my antivirus restarting my computer... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Auren Nanos, Jun 25, 2022.

1. cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11

when i try to open browsers other then microsoft edge it opens and then immeditly closes i tried disableing my antivirus restarting my computer reintalling them tired setting stuff to default browser and nothing works

:)

Auren Nanos, Jun 25, 2022
  2. P4-630 Win User

Microsoft is developing a built-in ad blocker for its Edge browser

"One of the first browser add-ons many people install to improve their online experience is Adblock Plus or something similar. Until recently, Microsoft Edge's lack of support for add-ons put off a lot of would-be users, but reports from Build 2016 suggest that native ad blocking is on its way to the Internet Explorer successor.

Adblock Plus is coming to Edge, but built-in ad blocking would negate the need for such an add-on. A slide shown off and snapped at a Build presentation shows that the next version of Edge, in response to user feedback, will feature ad blocking capabilities. There's no word on delivery timescale, but the upcoming Windows 10 Anniversary Update would seem a likely candidate.

ZDNet's Ed Bott photographed the slide which shows Microsoft's development roadmap built around feedback from testers. Right at the top of the list is reference to plans to create a plugin and extension store for Edge, but it's entry number four that's more intriguing.

"Build ad blocking features into the browser" is listed as a Feature Request from users. But the good news is that it is not only listed as being "Deliverable 4682811", but as "Targeted for the next version".

This will no doubt come as good news for those who have fallen in love with Edge, but it's not something that will be welcomed by the likes of Adblock Plus. It does seem that, particularly in the mobile arena, there is a move to baking ad blocking into the browser so it makes sense that Microsoft is following the trend. But it is the fact that Edge straddles Windows 10 on the desktop and Windows 10 Mobile that makes this a particularly interesting move.

Keep an eye out for Insider builds in the coming weeks as the feature may be just around the corner.
    "

Forget extensions, built-in ad blocking is coming to Microsoft Edge - [UPDATE... no it's not!]

P4-630, Jun 25, 2022
  3. edge browser

Hi,

Thank you for posting your response.

If you are still facing the same issue, I suggest you to follow the methods provided below and check if it helps.

Method 1:

I suggest you to clear the cache and cookies from Microsoft Edge and check. Follow the steps provided below:

• Open Microsoft Edge.

• Go to Settings.

• Under Clear browsing data, click on Choose what to clear.

• Select the options and click on Clear button.

I suggest you to reset Internet Explorer on your computer and check. Resetting Internet Explorer shall effect the behavior of Microsoft Edge browser.

Change or reset Internet Explorer settings

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jun 25, 2022
  4. Kem Mon Win User

cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11

EDGE Browser issue with secured login (HTTPS)

Hi Ram,

It is possible that the issue is due to compatibility or the browser components causing this matter to occur. We
    suggest that you reset Internet Explorer 11 and Edge
    and check if there are any changes. To reset these browsers, refer and follow these links and guide:

Edge:

Kindly refer to this
    link from TechNet.

Internet Explorer 11:

To reset Internet
    Explorer 11, follow these steps:

• On the upper-right corner, click the
      Gear icon
      beside the
      Smiley icon.

• Choose
      Internet Options.

• Under
      Advanced
      tab, click on
      Reset.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Jun 25, 2022
Thema:

cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11

1. cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11 - Similar Threads - cant browsers microsoft

2. cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    cant use browsers other then microsoft edge on windows 11: when i try to open browsers other then microsoft edge it opens and then immeditly closes i tried disableing my antivirus restarting my computer reintalling them tired setting stuff to default browser and nothing works...
  3. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  4. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge: Ran into this problem yesterday. Have been using Google Chrome for a while, and up until yesterday has it been working fine. Tried opening it yesterday, and it refuses to open without warning. Microsoft Edge does open, and I was able to use it to try to reinstall chrome to...
  5. Browsers not opening other than Microsoft Edge

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  6. Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10

in Cortana
    Cant use any other browser other than edge if logged in to my microsoft account on windows 10: So i started having this problem before i built my new computer and the first problem i had on the new one was the same. So if i log in to my microsoft account on the computer so all microsoft related things and the user is the account etc i cant use as an example google...
  7. I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge

in Cortana
    I cannot use any other browsers, apart from Microsoft Edge: Hi, Any browser excluding edge I try to use doesn't seem to work any more. I've tried chrome, Firefox, opera, etc. If I try to open them, they will start for a moment, before abruptly closing. I can't seem to work out why it's doing this. Any help or fixes would be...
  8. cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    cant import booksmarks from other browsers to Chromium Edge: as the title says. click on it on the setting menu, nothing happens. is it known? submitted by /u/Dio141 [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/ekgwiz/cant_import_booksmarks_from_other_browsers_to/
  9. Microsoft Edge vs other browsers

in Browsers and Email
    Microsoft Edge vs other browsers: Hi guys, As a long time Firefox user and endorser, due to some nice features it has I am a bit reluctant to recommend EDGE to users trying to get the most out of their CPU but it seems Microsoft has actually done it right with EDGE. For some reason, maybe code, maybe...
  10. Can't use any other browser than Edge.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't use any other browser than Edge.: Hey guys! everything was fine with windows 10 since the beginning , except since last week. I cant connect to the internet with chrome or any other application using the internet ( steam, league of legends etc). I did some research but couldn't find something that worked....