Windows 10: Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021

Discus and support Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I have two Buffalodrives :- HD-LBU3 and HD-LX03, attached to my Windows 10 PC and they havebeen running well for ages, running Buffalo Backup every... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Oak Tree175, Mar 11, 2021.

1. Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021

I have two Buffalodrives :- HD-LBU3 and HD-LX03, attached to my Windows 10 PC and they havebeen running well for ages, running Buffalo Backup every day.

However, a few days ago they ceased to be visible to File Explorer or the Buffalo backup software. I'vetried using different USB slots different blocks of USB3, USB2 and when I plug one in, I hear the Windows beepthat says something's been connected. When I look at Settings / Other Devices, bothdrives are listed but each says Driver error. It is recognising a Iomega 1TB drive and a WD My Book 1TB drive.

I have plugged each of the drives into my old Windows Vista laptop USB2 and each is recognised by FileExplorer, although it says I don’t have permission to open the “DESKTOP_… “ 3TB or “JOHN-PC-…. 4TB folders within BUData. Thatmeans I can’t see the date and time of the last successful Buffalo Backup runthat is scheduled to run at 11:00 each day.

Drivesare 3TB: HD-LB3.OTU3-EU

4TB: HD-LX4.OTU3-EU

and each onecauses Windows to make a dum-di-di-dum sound as the USB is inserted and adi-di-dum when it is pulled out of my Windows 10 PC, so it knows they are there see ref to Settings above.

There weresome Windows updates installed on my Windows 10 PC on March 2nd- “feature update to Windows 10, version 20H2” and some other updates. I did uninstall the other updates but couldn’t uninstall the version 20H2update, so I’ve reinstalled all available updates.

I suspect theproblem started after these updates but, as indicated above, because I can’tsee the file on the laptop I can’t tell the date of the last successful Backupfile.

I haveinstalled update KB4601382 today and Windows Update says “You’re up to date”.

I can’t back up myPC because it isn’t recognising the Buffalo drives. I want to know why mybackup system has stopped working.

Advice, please.

:)

Oak Tree175, Mar 11, 2021
  2. Brink Win User

Watch Microsoft Ignite March 2-4, 2021

Watch Day 2 of Microsoft Ignite 2021 On Demand:

Watch Day 1 of Microsoft Ignite 2021 On Demand:

Watch CEO Satya Nadella’s Keynote from Microsoft Ignite 2021 On Demand:

Join our digital experience on March 24, 2021 to learn, connect, and explore new tech thats ready to implement. All skill levels welcome.

Microsoft Ignite will take place online, kicking off on the morning of March 2, at 8:00 AM in the Pacific Time zone. The event programming will include live segments and Q&A, available across time zones.

Welcome to Microsoft Ignite 2021 the show begins at 8 a.m. PT. Microsoft CEO Satya Nadellas keynote will begin at 8:30, and he will be joined by Mixed Reality Technical Fellow Alex Kipman for a one-of-a-kind look at Microsofts vision for the future of Mixed Reality, made possible by the Microsoft Cloud.

Read more:

Brink, Mar 11, 2021
  3. Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates

March 2021 Security Updates

Updates this Month

This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles.

• Application Virtualization
    • Azure
    • Azure DevOps
    • Azure Sphere
    • Internet Explorer
    • Microsoft ActiveX
    • Microsoft Exchange Server
    • Microsoft Edge (Chromium-based)
    • Microsoft Graphics Component
    • Microsoft Office
    • Microsoft Office Excel
    • Microsoft Office PowerPoint
    • Microsoft Office SharePoint
    • Microsoft Office Visio
    • Microsoft Windows Codecs Library
    • Power BI
    • Role: DNS Server
    • Role: Hyper-V
    • Visual Studio
    • Visual Studio Code
    • Windows Admin Center
    • Windows Container Execution Agent
    • Windows DirectX
    • Windows Error Reporting
    • Windows Event Tracing
    • Windows Extensible Firmware Interface
    • Windows Folder Redirection
    • Windows Installer
    • Windows Media
    • Windows Overlay Filter
    • Windows Print Spooler Components
    • Windows Projected File System Filter Driver
    • Windows Registry
    • Windows Remote Access API
    • Windows Storage Spaces Controller
    • Windows Update Assistant
    • Windows Update Stack
    • Windows UPnP Device Host
    • Windows User Profile Service
    • Windows WalletService
    • Windows Win32K
    Relevant Information

• Windows 10 updates are cumulative. The monthly security release includes all security fixes for vulnerabilities that affect Windows 10, in addition to non-security updates. The updates are available via the Microsoft Update Catalog. For information on lifecycle and support dates for Windows 10 operating systems, please see Windows Lifecycle Facts Sheet.
    • Microsoft is improving Windows Release Notes. For more information, please see What's next for Windows release notes.
    • A list of the latest servicing stack updates for each operating system can be found in ADV990001. This list will be updated whenever a new servicing stack update is released. It is important to install the latest servicing stack update.
    • In addition to security changes for the vulnerabilities, updates include defense-in-depth updates to help improve security-related features.
    • Customers running Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2, or Windows Server 2008 need to purchase the Extended Security Update to continue receiving security updates. See 4522133 for more information.
    Please see the following for more information on the Microsoft Exchange Server Vulnerabilities:

FAQs, Mitigations, and Workarounds

The following CVEs have FAQs, Mitigations, or Workarounds. You can see these in more detail from the Vulnerabilities tab by selecting FAQs, Mitigations and Workarounds columns in the Edit Columns panel.

Known Issues

You can see these in more detail from the Deployments tab by selecting Known Issues column in the Edit Columns panel.
    For more information about Windows Known Issues, please see Windows message center (links to currently-supported versions of Windows are in the left pane).
    [table][tr]KB Article Applies To [/tr] [tr][td]5000802[/td] [td]Windows 10, Version 2004, Windows Server, Version 2004[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000803[/td] [td]Windows 10, Version 1607, Windows Server 2016[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000808[/td] [td]Windows 10, Version 1909, Windows Server, Version 1909[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000822[/td] [td]Windows 10, Version 1809, Windows Server 2019[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000840[/td] [td]Windows Server 2012 (Security-only update)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000841[/td] [td]Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000844[/td] [td]Windows Server 2008 (Monthly Rollup)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000847[/td] [td]Windows Server 2012 (Monthly Rollup)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000848[/td] [td]Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Monthly Rollup)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000851[/td] [td]Windows 7, Windows Server 2008 R2 (Security-only update)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000853[/td] [td]Windows 8.1, Windows RT 8.1, Windows Server 2012 R2 (Security-only update)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000856[/td] [td]Windows Server 2008 (Security-only update)[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000871[/td] [td]Microsoft Exchange Server 2019, 2016 and 2013[/td] [/tr] [tr][td]5000978[/td] [td]Microsoft Exchange Server 2010[/td] [/tr] [/table]

Released: Mar 9, 2021

March 2021 Security Updates - Release Notes - Security Update Guide - Microsoft

NICK ADSL UK, Mar 11, 2021
  4. Brink Win User

Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021

Brink, Mar 11, 2021
Thema:

Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021

1. Can't use Buffalo Drives since early March 2021 - Similar Threads - Can't Buffalo Drives

2. Windows Event Viewer - Crashes since 21 March 2021

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows Event Viewer - Crashes since 21 March 2021: I have been trying to fix software crashes since 21 March 2021, and none of the Windows updates or fixes I could think of or done could resolve these issues. It is related to a game called Destiny 2, but I get similar problems for other games and 3D software such as...
  3. March update 2021

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    March update 2021: After the update my HP Envy will start typing on its own or i will see the number 0 a million times or the * a million times . When this happens it wont allow me to open the restart button or anything it will keep closing it as soon as its open. Anyone else have this issue?...
  4. KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    KMODE_EXCEPTION_NOT_HANDLED after March 2021 update: After installing March 2021 update I get bsod every 10-15 minutes. Mini dump file: https://1drv.ms/u/s!AkboClbeWKWpeKFS6la5vkX0QaY?e=eHsb2l For analysis of this file, run !analyze -vnt!KeBugCheckEx:fffff806`5eff5c50 48894c2408 mov qword ptr [rsp+8],rcx...
  5. Latest update March 2021

in Windows 10 Customization
    Latest update March 2021: If there were any bug fixes, I get it, I understand the need to prune the system, but you touched my personalization. **** off. Seriously, I liked it the way it was. I liked having a dark color taskbar but light color settings app. I don't want everything on my desktop to be...
  6. march 2021 update faulty

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    march 2021 update faulty: hey brain dead microsoft idiots do it AGAIN your latest updates have disconnected audio disconnected my microphone from system disconnected flightsim 202 from system DO NOT tell me to check if my pc is plugged in. Do not tell me to try another appliance in the socket...
  7. Cumulative updates March 2021

Cumulative updates March 2021: This is a summary of the cumulative updates released on March 9th for all the supported consumer releases of Windows 10. Windows 10 version 2004 and version 20H2 - KB5000802, Build 19041.860 and 19042.860 Windows 10 versions 1909 - KB5000808, Build 18363.1440...
  8. Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates

Microsoft March 2021 Security Updates: March 2021 Security Updates Updates this Month This release consists of security updates for the following products, features and roles. Application Virtualization Azure Azure DevOps Azure Sphere Internet Explorer Microsoft ActiveX Microsoft Exchange Server Microsoft Edge...
  9. Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Lost permission to access my Buffalo nas drive since windows updated: A few days ago windows did an automatic update and since then I am not able to access my Buffalo Nas drive which is mapped as "Q" on my desktop computer. When I click on the drive in windows explorer it tells me that I do not have permission to access \\LS-WVL300. Contact...
  10. Buffalo External Hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Buffalo External Hard drive: On my new computer, it does not see my external hard drive by buffalo on my network at home. please help. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/buffalo-external-hard-drive/ce3aac90-b223-4d6b-9ca9-1c79432ec7c9