Windows 10: Can't use computer after factory reset

Discus and support Can't use computer after factory reset in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; After my mom corrupted the hard drive of my computer I had to factory reset(I've done both limited and full multiple times to try and fix the issues)... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by windowsuser19918, Oct 16, 2019.

1. Can't use computer after factory reset

After my mom corrupted the hard drive of my computer I had to factory reset(I've done both limited and full multiple times to try and fix the issues) my laptop. Since then I can't use it. I can't open apps(including edge, the store, and almost all other settings and Microsoft and computer apps), I can't create a windows linked account because I can't get past the services part of windows setup without getting a blue screen. I've looked everywhere and tried recovery points, automatic system repair, random command prompt actions, and nothing has worked, I doubt that my computer just randomly turned into a paper weight by factory resetting it. Any ideas would be welcomed because I don't have any computer repair places near me and don't really want to spend the money on going to a place or getting a new computer.

:)

windowsuser19918, Oct 16, 2019
  2. swat354 Win User

Windows 10 infinite restart black screen

Thank you john for all of your help i decided to get the usb my computer came with and factory reset it i didnt have anything that personal or valueable so its ok thanks for the help though i appreciate it

swat354, Oct 16, 2019
  3. AndreePin Win User
    Windows 10 factory reset

Hi Charlie,

We can see here that you are having issues with doing a factory reset on your Windows 10. There are several factors
    why you get the said error and that's what we are going to figure out. To isolate this concern, may we know the following:

• Any changes made on the computer prior to this concern?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you tried so far?
    • May we know the reason why you want to perform a factory reset?
    • Did you experience any issues on the computer before you tried performing a factory reset?

AndreePin, Oct 16, 2019
  4. Sher Amo Win User

Can't use computer after factory reset

Ive factory reset my computer but I can't use the mouse or the keyboard to select laugage

Hi,

A device like your keyboard and mouse is not detected during factory reset.
    To help us determine the appropriate troubleshooting steps
    that can resolve your concern, we would like to ask the following questions:

• Are you performing a factory reset on a laptop or a desktop?
    • Is this the first time you perform a factory reset on your device?
    • What troubleshooting steps have you done so far to resolve your concern?

In the meantime, if you're working on a desktop, we suggest that you try to use a PS2 keyboard just to bypass the installation process. Once Windows is up and running, you may now plug your mouse and keyboard to initialize Windows to detect these devices.

We look forward to your response.

Sher Amo, Oct 16, 2019
Thema:

Can't use computer after factory reset

1. Can't use computer after factory reset - Similar Threads - Can't computer factory

2. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Can't update or factory reset computer: Recently my computer has failed to update every time it tries to, and it attempts to update every single time I turn it on, each time saying "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".I tried a factory reset and that failed similarly, also with no error code.The...
  3. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't update or factory reset computer: Recently my computer has failed to update every time it tries to, and it attempts to update every single time I turn it on, each time saying "we couldn't complete the updates, undoing changes".I tried a factory reset and that failed similarly, also with no error code.The...
  4. Can't update or factory reset computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Can't write after factory reset

Can't write after factory reset: Hi,I decided to factory reset my laptop but i have an issue when restarting it.I can't write anywhere so i can't connect to internet or even create a session.This isn't a hardware issue as i am able to write in safe mode.What can i try to fix this ? Thanks...
  6. Can't Factory Reset

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Can't Factory Reset: I am trying to factory reset my HP Laptop 15. The reason is that the boot device is not found. Everytime I spam f11 to reset, it doesn't open and goes to the error screen. Is there another way to reset? My laptop doesn't open past the boot device not found error screen....
  7. Can't Factory reset

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't Factory reset: It says could not find the recovery environment, ive tried cmd and reagentc /enable, and it says reimage not found, I,ve even re purchased windows, and it still wont reset please help. URGENT submitted by /u/ZoomerBBX [link] [comments]...
  8. I can't factory reset my computer

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    I can't factory reset my computer: my C drive holds 30GB and is full, I have no files on the computer, all 30GB is made up of Intel, Microsoft and AVG, I wanted to factory reset my computer to get a normal disk drive. it says I can't reset my computer without freeing up 4GB, i'm running this computer as an...
  9. Can't sign in after factory reset

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't sign in after factory reset: Ok, so I have problem last 3 days. Im factory reseted laptop and now i can't sign in. And I reseted whole laptop so my local account is propably deleted and if I use Microsoft account I can't still sign in. Im trying to somehow create new administrator through safe mod...
  10. Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.

Computer will not boot after performing a factory reset.: Hello: Just recently I performed a factory reset to a family member's computer. After it shut down to boot back once on the computer would give message more or less like: "Your computer shut down unexpectedly, press ok to restart your computer". -pressed ok- the story...