Windows 10: Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes

Discus and support Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My computer is unusable for the first 5 to 10 minutes after it is turned on and and usually when wakened from sleep. Task manager shows memory usage at... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Dave1310, Nov 3, 2020.

1. Dave1310 Win User

Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes

My computer is unusable for the first 5 to 10 minutes after it is turned on and and usually when wakened from sleep. Task manager shows memory usage at 80%+ 8Gb, hard drive usage at 90%+, and CPU usage at 50%+ AMD Phenon II X4 @ 3.0 Ghz. On a cold start, it is usually 3-4 minutes before the desktop shows on the screen and even then nothing is usable; that takes another 2 or 3 minutes for the desktop icons to refresh and the task bar icons to be added.

As for what is running, according to task manager nothing is predominate except for service host main which runs around 100Mb. The only odd thing I see is 3 or 4 instances of NAVIDIA container which is odd because I uninstalled Navidia on this computer as the Gigabyte motherboard has onboard graphics; I would guess these instances come from an entry in the Registry but I've no idea how to eliminate them.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to get startup back down to a reasonable time?

:)

Dave1310, Nov 3, 2020
  2. Anak Win User

my son laptiop wifi disconnect after 5 minutes

• If you have an identical laptop try comparing the wifi and security settings of the one that does not disconnect with the one that does. If you find any differences change the settings of the one that does not work to the one that does.
    @Samuria : If you have any suggestions please reply.

Anak, Nov 3, 2020
  3. Windows 10 - Sleep Works But Only if 5 Minutes or Less

What about the Troubleshooting tutorial steps here:

https://www.makeuseof.com/tag/fix-windows-10-sl...

I've never seen at least one them not be successful.

I had suggested first to set Display at 0, Sleep at 1 minute and Hibernate at 2 minutes and then after each step sit back to observe. I have rarely had to work all the way through the list.

Absolute thoroughness is required when troubleshooting Sleep, skipping nothing and asking back if you need any help to complete a step. We often find out later that the fix was the skipped step, so please do not skip any. If you need help performing any step
    I will help.

Greg Carmack - Windows MVP 2010-20, Nov 3, 2020
  4. Gino Des Win User

System Reboots after about 5 minutes of inactivity

Hi Allen,

Let's try to isolate the cause of the issue. We suggest that you follow the methods below:

Method 1: Run the Power Troubleshooter to find and fix problems with your computer's power settings. Check your power settings if your computer is set to sleep or hibernate after 5 minutes of inactivity. To run the troubleshooter, follow
    the steps below:

• Click Start.
    • On the search bar, type Troubleshooting, and click on
      Troubleshooting
      from the results.
    • Click on System and Security.
    • Under Power, click on Power.

Method 2: Use the System File Checker tool to repair missing or corrupted system files. For steps on how to run the System File Checker tool, check the following link:

Use the System File Checker tool

Method 3: Check if all the devices on your computer have the latest driver. Refer to this link for steps on how to update drivers:

Update drivers in Windows 10

Let us know how it goes for us to assist you further.

Gino Des, Nov 3, 2020
Thema:

1. Can't use computer for first 5 - 10 minutes - Similar Threads - Can't computer minutes

2. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  3. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    PC slow the first 3-5 minutes: I have a Dell Inspiron 3000 with windows 10. Every time I do a cold start turn my PC on it' s very slow and takes 3 to 5 minutes to catch up speed. I have Malwarebytes which I shut down manually immediately upon starting the PC but it still takes the same amount of time....
  4. PC slow the first 3-5 minutes

in Windows 10 Gaming
  5. Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes

Computer shutting down and restarting after not using it for 5+ minutes: My computer has been having a problem recently where when I don't interact with it for anywhere from 5-20 minutes it will shut down unexpectedly and reboot. Temperatures appear to be fine, I have bought a new SSD, ram and power troubleshooting has showed no signs of failing...
  6. Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.

Slow boot up and taskbar doesn't work the first 5 minutes.: Hi everyone, the beginning of 2019 when I bought a brand new computer. The computer had a GTX 1080, 16GB RAM, AMD Ryzen 7 3700X and a 250GB SSD and a 1TB HDD disk. The computer was really good in my opinion and there wasn't a problem with it until the beginning of this...
  7. Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Support
    Win10 start button doesn't work for first 5-10 minutes: Whenever I switch on my sons pc all looks fine other than for the first 5-10 minutes the start button doesn't work at all ?. Afterwards its fine !?. While non responsive I can right click the task at and access that menu. Desktop shortcuts all working fine too. I have tried...
  8. Restarting takes 5-10 minutes

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Restarting takes 5-10 minutes: For some reason restarting takes 5 to 10 minutes. I have a i7-6700k and GTX 1070. If anyone has any ideas on how to fix this that would be great. As this is really annoying. submitted by /u/JackDeezy47 [link] [comments]...
  9. Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes

Crashing every 5 - 10 minutes: Can someone help me scan this debug? I'm crashing too often to make much progress. So far I've seen memory fault exception and security kernel BSODs. Edit: And a system service exception just now. + PFN list corrupt 38741
  10. Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box

in Windows 10 Support
    Series of 4 to 10 Beeps Every 5 minutes in Computer Box: A series of 4 to 10 beeps is occurring about 5 minutes apart in my computer box. Ran a diagnostic and according to the results everything checks fine. Any idea what's causing this? TIA 104885

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Windows 10 asking 5 min to startup