Windows 10: Cant use dedicated gpu

Discus and support Cant use dedicated gpu in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by JulianKik, Jun 22, 2019.

1. JulianKik Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

Hello I'm trying to use my dedicated GPU in place of my integrated but after I saw this

Cant use dedicated gpu 8fc74c05-82ae-48fa-9f7e-31638ceac217?upload=true.png

I had no clue what to do so I tied going I my BIOS to change it and there was integrated and switchable listed I picked switchable and still nothing now I'm here hoping somebody can help me.

I'm running windows 10 home version 1903, integrated gpu=intel graphics 3000, dedicated=AMD radeon graphics HD 7670M

:)

JulianKik, Jun 22, 2019
  2. Carlo Fer Win User

About GPU dedicating.

Hello
    웅황,

The feature that you're looking for in Windows 10 is not available. I suggest that you check with your graphics manufacturer if forcing an app/game to use a dedicated GPU to each task is available with their software.

Let us know if you have any other concerns.

Carlo Fer, Jun 22, 2019
  3. LA117 Win User
    How to get more dedicated GPU memory

How do i get more dedicated GPU memory for my second graphics card on windows 10 i have a nvidia geforce gtx 960m in task manager it says i have 8.9 gb for gpu memory but it says shared gpu memory 4.9 and dedicated GPU memory is 4.0 i can only use the
    4.0 and i want to know how to Dedicate more GPU memory.

LA117, Jun 22, 2019
  4. 제웅황 Win User

Cant use dedicated gpu

About GPU dedicating.

image is just e.g.

sorry for my poor writing

Cant use dedicated gpu 2f0b8186-9d48-438d-b8af-e6e7bdb31842?upload=true.png

Cant use dedicated gpu baf8d510-04fb-4c89-bbd3-92ba9047ad9e?upload=true.png

I have two PCI-E GPU

GPU 0 = GTX 1080ti

GPU 1 = GTX 960

what I want is..

use graphics specifications option on "DESKTOP"

not integrated GPU or mobile windows10(notebook)

but desktop and PIC-E GPU

on my search, there's no way to use graphics specifications option in desktop

but, what I found is, split the the main monitor and running specific apps and

split again, that apps still working, have bit of problems though

e.g. GPU 1 main monitor , run Chrome

GPU 0 split main monitor, run GAME(PUBG)

then you can see on task manager on GPU engine.

running at

GPU 1 - chrome

GPU 0 - PUBG

that's what I want it.

dedicating GPU processing in DESKTOP

sorry for my poor writing skills..

PLEASE help me this probs. thankyou.

Moved from: Windows / Windows 10 / Performance & system failures

제웅황, Jun 22, 2019
Thema:

Cant use dedicated gpu

1. Cant use dedicated gpu - Similar Threads - Cant dedicated gpu

2. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  3. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Minecraft not using dedicated gpu: I have an Nvidia 3060 ti and an integrated intel graphics card and when I first got my pc it would run minecraft on super high fps easy. I stopped playing and a year later i cant get over 10 fps with shaders and optifine when before I was fine. MC says im using the intel...
  4. Minecraft not using dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  6. Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Dedicated GPU not used no matter the graphics settings: Hello,I open this question as I have a persistant problem of integrated GPU selected instead of the dedicated GPU when I play games on my Laptop :CPU : IntelR CoreTM i7-7700HQ CPU @ 2.80GHz 2.81 GHzRAM : 16 GBIntegrated GPU : IntelR HD Graphics 630Dedicated GPU : NVIDIA...
  7. windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    windows 10 do not use dedicated gpu: hi i have problem my dedicated graphics card is not used it is only integrated it is also not shown in the graphics settings as a more powerful option it's like I didn't have any dedicated card in any way disconnected it can't be because I have a laptop thank you for any...
  8. Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Dell G3 3779 Dedicated GPU issues, not using dedicated gpu?: Hello, so my friend's Dell G3 3779 is not using the Nvidia GPU for gaming and using the integrated one, this is on a freshly installed win10 with latest BIOS, and the latest drivers make it run minecraft at 12 FPS We tried installing older nvidia drivers and the performance...
  9. applications does not use dedicated gpu

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    applications does not use dedicated gpu: Hi i'm using amd a8 quad core processor with R5 graphice in my laptop. When i play games windows does not use the dgpu its only uses igpu i also tried to change graphics settings to high performance but it show this [ATTACH]its only showing igpu where is my dgpu and in...
  10. Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Let a program use a second dedicated gpu?: Hello, I'm trying to let a program run on a second gpu to reduce the load on my main gpu while gaming, but I'm not sure how to do it. I know you can do this natively with an integrated gpu on a laptop with power saving settings, but that doesn't work for my desktop. Any...