Windows 10: Can't use delete button

Discus and support Can't use delete button in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I've got updated Windows 10 on latest update, but I encountered with cannot use delete button to delete files, but CTRL + ALT + DEL is fine to use... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by HiroHamada1, Feb 21, 2019.

1. Can't use delete button

I've got updated Windows 10 on latest update, but I encountered with cannot use delete button to delete files, but CTRL + ALT + DEL is fine to use security options (before begin updates is fine), Is it block to use delete button to accidentally delete files ?, what do I do now?

:)

HiroHamada1, Feb 21, 2019
  2. Drone Win User

Directory Size Utility

First of all nice utility, Mindweaver!
    Second of all, it's so nice to see that this section ain't dead.

I have a few questions/suggestions, maybe you'd want to see ...
    • maybe you rename Get Folder button caption to something more intuitive? Add Folder, Get Folder Size, Check Folder Size or something like that?
    • Could you add subfolder files to the right pane? (it can be a tickbox with include sub dirs)
    • maybe you also add export list to excel?
    • there's delete file button maybe you add delete folder button too?
    • and finally maybe you can add UP button for directories?

Drone, Feb 21, 2019
  3. topgundcp Win User
    Unable to delete a folder - Invalid folder name

Suggestion:
    1. Run chkdsk x: /r to make sure that there's no HD corruption.
      x: is the drive containing the folder you want to delete.
    2. Try to delete the folder again. If still does not work, go to step 3.
    3. Download: Download - Linux Mint and create a bootable USB using: Rufus - Create bootable USB
    4. Boot up with Linux Mint and try to delete the folder again.
      NOTE: Unlike WinPE. Linux does not have any Windows permission imposed to it so it is easier to delete.

topgundcp, Feb 21, 2019
  4. jmcslob Win User

Can't use delete button

2 x SSD Raid 0 - is this right?

Hey Fits

Can you list a few helpful hints for T ski ,maybe a step by step how to OR what to look out for*Cool Can't use delete button :cool:

jmcslob, Feb 21, 2019
Thema:

Can't use delete button

1. Can't use delete button - Similar Threads - Can't delete button

2. Delete button in explorer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  3. Delete button in explorer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Delete button in explorer: Hi. I clicked the delete button with the trash icon on the network icon in Explorer on the left side of it. Then I did the same on the "This PC" icon. I didn't notice any effect, but now I'm worried that something could have happened. Pressing these buttons on such system...
  4. Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper

Can't delete a private photo that was used a wallpaper: Hi,I received from work a computer with Windows 10 OS. I used private photos as my wallpaper and now would like to delete them so the next person who uses the computer would not have these photos. I was able to delete the original photo I downloaded to the computer, but it...
  5. I can't use my left specific keys at all, and can't use the fn button.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    I can't use my left specific keys at all, and can't use the fn button.: I can't use my left shift, ctrl or alt keys at all as well as the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-left-specific-keys-at-all-and-cant/3ed1c3cc-5bc4-4ad4-ac2d-87f8e36c9c2e
  6. I can't use my left specific keys at all, and can't use the fn button.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't use my left specific keys at all, and can't use the fn button.: I can't use my left shift, ctrl or alt keys at all as well as the fn key. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/i-cant-use-my-left-specific-keys-at-all-and-cant/3ed1c3cc-5bc4-4ad4-ac2d-87f8e36c9c2e
  7. I can't use my left specific keys at all, and can't use the fn button.

8. Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't use minimize or maximize buttons.: I can't seem to minimize or maximize my panels. I've tried getting out of tablet mode....this didn't work, I tried going to task manager and deleting it....nope. I've got all the latest upgrades....still nothing. Nothing seems to work. I've got a nice desktop pc, running...
  9. Font can't be deleted because it's in use

in Windows 10 Support
    Font can't be deleted because it's in use: I am trying to delete a non system font (Bebas Neue), but when I try to delete it it gives me the message: "Bebas Neue cannot be deleted because it's in use". I tried booting into safe mode to delete it. Any help would be appreciated, thank you. 132174
  10. No Delete Button

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    No Delete Button: Good day, Microsoft Team I'd like to delete a 2nd user account, I couldn't find "delete" button, there's only "block" button. I'm using Windows 10. Can you help me with it? Thank you, Terecia...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant delete from delete button