Windows 10: Can't use Discord after updating.

Discus and support Can't use Discord after updating. in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Today I decided to get on my computer. When I got to my home screen I was greeted with an error from Discord. I decided to try and reinstall Discord,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by EzechielDzimeyor, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Can't use Discord after updating.

Today I decided to get on my computer. When I got to my home screen I was greeted with an error from Discord. I decided to try and reinstall Discord, it didn't work. After this I tried to go into appdata and delete the Discord folder. After this I restarted, but I still couldn't reinstall Discord. After this I went into Device Manager and ended Discord. Still after doing this and restarting nothing worked. Than I tried going to an earlier update, but that still doesn't work.

:)

EzechielDzimeyor, Jul 1, 2020
  2. deving Win User

User.000 issue after updating to 1909

I'm one of the many people suffering from issues with user profiles after applying Update 1909 to Windows 10. I've read all the threads I can find on the topic here and have followed the suggestions, all to no avail. Any other thoughts are appreciated.

After applying Update 1909, the ProfileImagePath was changed to c:\users\User.000
    One file that was always in use and couldn't be removed was left in c:\users\User (can't recall or find the exact file now), so I could never rename or remove the c:\user\User directory.

I followed the multiple suggestions from Brink and others:
    • Rebooted at least 6 times
    • Enabled hidden Administrator
    • Booted into Safe Mode
    • Changed ProfileImagePath
    • Tried to rename c:\users\User but couldn't because a file was still in use
    • Copied all data from c:\users\User.000 into c:\users\User
    • Rebooted and had temporary profile
    • Followed steps in Brink tutorial to change ImageProfilePath; rebooted with no change
    • Restored using Restore Point from before Update 1909 - returned to single profile state (User.000)
    • Removed each update that was installed individually and rebooted after each update removal - profile state never changed
    • After all updates were removed, repeated the steps above with hidden Administrator, changing profile, etc. - same issue with file in use in c:\users\User
    • Followed all steps above with hidden Administrator but without copying files from User.000 to User - same results

Any suggestions are greatly appreciated!

deving, Jul 1, 2020
  3. Palutena Win User
    Can't download Discord

have you tried deleting Discord from %appdata%, and reinstalling it?

or updating your machine?

a combo of the two worked for me when i had problems starting Discord too

Palutena, Jul 1, 2020
  4. Can't use Discord after updating.

Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Jul 1, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Discord after updating.

1. Can't use Discord after updating. - Similar Threads - Can't Discord updating

2. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Gaming
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  3. can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling: Hi i can't reinstall Discord after uninstalling it and don't know what to do to fix it,i've tried some things i've seen online but i can't get it to work.This is the message i get when trying to reinstall it.the procedure entry point av_buffer_create could not be located in...
  4. Can't install discord

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't install discord: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-discord/1e41b06d-627e-480f-b58f-4c2b6c0806ad
  5. Can't install discord

Can't install discord: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-install-discord/1e41b06d-627e-480f-b58f-4c2b6c0806ad
  6. I can't uninstall Discord

I can't uninstall Discord: Hello Microsoft, yesterday, I can't uninstall Discord, I tried using Control Panel, anything that you guys suggested, but it didn't work, and suddenly the app appeared with the old logo of Discord which is pretty weird, I thought I had uninstalled the app, weird right? I...
  7. Can't Uninstall Discord

Can't Uninstall Discord: I already found the same question regarding the unability to uninstall this app on Windows 10. I followed the instructions from the answer but I can't delete the files because it says that they're still open somewhere and that I should close the files first. I don't know how...
  8. Windows BSOD on using Discord.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows BSOD on using Discord.: Hello, I've been using discord regularly and for some time when I use the discord app after 2 minutes or even hitting the screen share button on discord I get BSOD. I checked the event log and there seems to be a pattern. [ATTACH] As you can see the DCHP runs normally...
  9. Can't Unistall the Discord App

Can't Unistall the Discord App: I'm trying to uninstall the "Discord" app from my laptop, currently equipped with Windows 10, and no matter what I try it still seems to be there. Something as simple as uninstalling an app shouldn't take so long or require so much effort and research yet here I am. I can...
  10. Can't download Discord

Can't download Discord: I downloaded Discord a while ago for my computer and it was working fine, but a month or so ago I tried updating it, I think something happened, and it stopped working. I haven't been able to access Discord without going to the webpage, which is something I don't really want...