Windows 10: Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality

Discus and support Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; [ATTACH] Recently Opened Disk Management tool to partition my hard drive but it shown this GREEN BLOCKS as you can see in the above image. Seems... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by KaranMunjani, Sep 5, 2020.

1. Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality

Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality 55346d44-3e3c-4274-94cf-ee24845692d4?upload=true.png

Recently Opened Disk Management tool to partition my hard drive but it shown this GREEN BLOCKS as you can see in the above image.

Seems like some kind of virus or trojan is denying me to use this service.

I Could not partition my drive, Please Help me with this issue, I don't know why this happened.

:)

KaranMunjani, Sep 5, 2020

2. Disk management console view is not up-to-date

i dont know how to fix your disk management, but i can fix your partition problems...

open up Command Prompt with admin rights. (Right click, run as admin)

enter in
    DISKPART
    list disk

then find the Disk number for your Raid array... lets call it number 7 ( you can tell what disk is what by the total size)
    type in

Select Disk 7
    List Partition (will give you a list of all the partitions..)
    Select Partition 1 (im assuming you only have 1 partition on Disk 7) repeat this step if you have more partitions.
    ASSIGN

that should get the array up and running ready to use.

EDITED.

any problems, post back ^^

Still EDITING *Stick Out Tongue Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality :p

side question, have you tried restarting the PC?

slyfox2151, Sep 5, 2020
  3. Disk Management

Hi Keith,

Thanks for providing the detail that was requested previously. Since the disk management screen that you saw is showing greyed out options, we suggest that you follow the steps below to change the partition type of your internal drive:

• Open Disk Management then right click the partition on the disk you want to covert and select Delete Volume.
    • Once you complete the process you will see the whole disk shown as two separate unallocated spaces. Right-click the disk and select Convert to GPT disk.

After the conversion, you will be able to use the whole disk and then you can create new separate partitions.

We look forward to your response to our queries.

Jordan Dom, Sep 5, 2020
  4. Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality

Disk Management - How to Post a Screenshot of

or...

This will do it for you

Step 1: Download this zip file (contains dmDskmgr-vd.mmc)

dmDskmgr-vd.zip
    Step 2: Double click dmDskmgr-vd.zip to open the compressed folder
    Double click dmDskmgr-vd.mmc to launch the custom Disk Management console

Press Alt+PrtScn to grab a snapshot of just the Disk Management window
    Open Paint and Ctrl+V to paste it, then save the image
    Attach the image to a new post.

Slartybart, Sep 5, 2020
Thema:

Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality

1. Can't use Disk Manager with full functionality - Similar Threads - Can't Disk Manager

2. Disk full 100% problem in Task manager again

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Disk full 100% problem in Task manager again: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-100-problem-in-task-manager-again/82a83dc9-2e95-41b3-8774-2e1f46fe56d6
  3. Disk full 100% problem in Task manager

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Disk full 100% problem in Task manager: Disk full 100% problem. How to fix this problem?See Screenshot below: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/disk-full-100-problem-in-task-manager/82a83dc9-2e95-41b3-8774-2e1f46fe56d6
  4. MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE IS THAT FUNCTION ON WINDOWS 11: MANAGING DISK SPACE WHERE DO I FIND THAT UTILITY ON WINDOWS DEFENDER WINDOWS 11 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/managing-disk-space-where-is-that-function-on/9a2dae07-188f-4892-874f-65ed7284f2b9
  5. Using full functions of trio office after reinstall

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Using full functions of trio office after reinstall: I purchased the full version of trio office, and it was working fine. Once I upgraded to Window 11, I encountered problems with my computer and had to reset losing and reinstalling my programs including trio office. Since the upgrade and reinstall of many of my programs my...
  6. Using full functions of trio office after reinstall

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Using full functions of trio office after reinstall: I purchased the full version of trio office, and it was working fine. Once I upgraded to Window 11, I encountered problems with my computer and had to reset losing and reinstalling my programs including trio office. Since the upgrade and reinstall of many of my programs my...
  7. Can't do shortcut--Disk full?

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't do shortcut--Disk full?: Running latest update of W10 Home 64-bit on an HP Envy desktop. Above topic says the issue. I have Googled and saw what may have looked like solutions, but I found them rather confusing. So, I'm hoping that I can get a step by step guide on how to get my shortcut function...
  8. Can't use HDD hard drive in Disk Management ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't use HDD hard drive in Disk Management ?: [ATTACH] For some reason the drive I used to use as backup doesn't show up in my File Explorer and when I go into disk management I see it as Disk 2 Partition 2 as Storage Spaces Protective Partition and I can't do anything with it. Like when I right click it, the only...
  9. Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Disk Full - C Drive Size Doesn't Match in Disk Management: Hi all, I'm a bit of a tech noob so any advice/support would be greatly appreciated. About two weeks ago my HP Spectre Windows 10 suffered blue screen so I took it to the local repair guys. I brought it home the other day and began reinstalling Office, games etc when I...
  10. Can't Access Disk Management..

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't Access Disk Management..: Last Time, it was working fine but now, when i was about to shrink a 1TB partition and make a 1TB partition to my 2TB HDD, this one showed up: [ATTACH] and I was like wait ****?? i havent used the whole 2TB so i want to have another partition for my other stuff ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°...