Windows 10: Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update

Discus and support Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After recent windows 10 update I noticed that all the task scheduler jobs using network address is hanging in the computer unless I login. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Clide_, Aug 26, 2019.

1. Clide_ Win User

Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update

Hi,

After recent windows 10 update I noticed that all the task scheduler jobs using network address is hanging in the computer unless I login. I found that all the jobs in task scheduler were changed to use local account to run(used to be domain account), and I tried to change to domain account. I can see the domain account in job's Properties, but when I click okay it auto change to local account again. I tried to export the job and change the id in .xml file, it doesn't work either...

Can anyone help? Thanks!

:)

Clide_, Aug 26, 2019

2. Window's Task Scheduler Not Running

Hi,

To assist you better, kindly provide us more details by answering the following questions:

• Have you tried recreating the task? If so, are you getting the same issue?
    • Have you tried creating a new task?
    Meanwhile, we suggest that you ensure that the Task Scheduler is running. You can verify if the service is running by following these steps:

• Press Windows key + R on your keyboard.
    • Type services.msc and hit Enter.
    • Under Services (Local), make sure that the Task Scheduler service's status is
      Started or Enabled.
    Should you need further assistance, feel free to get back to us.

Monica Cam, Aug 26, 2019
  3. Task schedulers running account will not be changed in Windows 10

Hi

Since a couple of weeks back some of my scheduled tasks have been running with the wrong account.

The tasks are initially configured to be running under my domain account <company>\peter.

But when i look at the task the user is just peter, which actually is a local admin account on the computer.

If I try to change the account on the task, I get the dialog in which to write your password

I also tested to create a new task to be run with my domain account, but this task also is changed to be run with the local account.

I have the latest updates of Windows 10 (Version 1703) installed.

Why is this happening? These are not the same accounts so why are they mixed up?

Regards

Peter

Peter Karlström, Aug 26, 2019
  4. Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update

Unable to run Task Scheduler

Hello Varun,

Let's determine the cause of the issue. To get started, I'd like to get the following information:

• Is this your first time to encounter this issue? If so, did you make any changes to your computer's configuration prior to this?
    • Are you getting any error messages?
    • Can you also please confirm the current build of your Windows 10?

(Type winver into the Cortana search box, then hit
      Enter
      .)

Meanwhile, I suggest that you try starting the Task Scheduler through command line. To do so, please follow these steps:

• Open Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type this net start task scheduler and hit Enter.

We're looking forward to your response.

Antoneth Ber, Aug 26, 2019
Thema:

Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update

1. Can't Use Domain Account to Run Task Scheduler After Recent Update - Similar Threads - Can't Domain Account

2. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  3. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Run Task Scheduler: I am trying to run a Powershell script in Windows 10 21H2 version using Task bar and the PS window pops up. Later found out that this is happening because the task is run as "Run only when user is logged on".I tried to set this to "Run whether user is logged on or not" and...
  4. Run Task Scheduler

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Scheduled task not running

Scheduled task not running: I use the "portable apps" platform to hold a lot of small programs I dont want installed - but even from my C: ssd its very slow to load. So I have set up a scheduled task to run it as soon as the pc becomes idle. [ATTACH] However it does not run. Even when I right-click...
  6. Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler

Unable to run Task using Task Scheduler: Task scheduler using local non-admin account to run shutdown /s not working. Asks for password then gives error that account does not have privileges'. I change the user running the account to admin, run whether logged off or not, not storing password, same error after...
  7. Scheduled task no longer runs after Windows update

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Scheduled task no longer runs after Windows update: For several years, I've use a scheduled task to launch a bat file at 2:00 AM every day. The script uses robocopy to back up some files to a different disk. It also writes an entry to a log file when it runs. It was running properly every day until August 1 when I...
  8. Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Using Task Scheduler to run a task on AC unplug: Hi all, I'm looking to improve the battery life on my laptop. It's usually docked and plugged in so I leave most of my programs running. However, I want to create a task that in the event of an AC unplug, terminates all non essential background processes (dictated by me). I...
  9. USING TASK SCHEDULER TO RUN SYNC TOY

USING TASK SCHEDULER TO RUN SYNC TOY: After the Sync Toy process has been set up in Task Scheduler, does the Sync Toy app need to be open at the scheduled start time to allow it to run? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/using-task-scheduler-to-run-sync-toy/e185258a-cd9a-498b-acac-d4a1549371bc
  10. Task Scheduler Not Running

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Task Scheduler Not Running: I've already tried and a lot of solutions for this but sadly I still don't have a solution. I've also tried these steps in this link (https://computerstepbystep.com/task_scheduler_service.html), still no luck What happened is I'm trying to update my GeForce Experience but I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. domain task scheduler to local task scheduler