Windows 10: Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop

Discus and support Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi so recently bought a dell inspiron 15 3000 series laptop. Its a pretty basic laptop. The problem I'm having is the laptop only uses its built-in... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/lazyfuck78, Jun 20, 2020.

1. Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop

Hi so recently bought a dell inspiron 15 3000 series laptop. Its a pretty basic laptop.

The problem I'm having is the laptop only uses its built-in mic even in-game and its pretty bad and catches alot of noise. I use earphone from my smartphone on this laptop.

I was wondering if I could use my earphone's mic on my laptop and disable it's built-in mic..? Like we use in smartphones.. I looked around in the control panel and the laptop just doesn't register my earphone's mic. Is there anything I could do to make it work?

submitted by /u/lazyfuck78
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/lazyfuck78, Jun 20, 2020

2. Mic in earphones issue

Hello,

I have a Dell Inspiron 7567 gaming laptop. I have issues with external mic or mic in earphones or headsets. They used to work perfectly fine about till previous month or two.. I don't know what happened, now windows doesn't detected them.. Whenever i connect
    any of my earphones with mic, which used to work perfectly with my laptop, the playback device is detected but the recording device isn't.. The Waves pop up appears where there no mic device listed.. neither in the windows sound settings.. Laptop's internal
    mic works fine.. But doesn't detect external mic.. it appears as if i have not connected any mic..

Please help me out fixing this issue..

Thank you.

SripadKulkarni, Jun 20, 2020
  3. ABY
    aby Win User
    Earphones Mic not working

Hi all,I have a Dell Inspiron 15 5577 Gaming laptop, running Windows 10 Version 1803 build 17134.165. My laptop has one 3.5 mm jack where I plug my Earpods (Apple's earphones with mic) to use it as headphones and mic always works but yesterday out of nowhere it stopped working. I checked my Earpods with my iPhone and the mic would work just fine but not with the laptop.

Realtek audio driver is already installed but there's no realteks audio icon to configure or make changes. When I connect my Earpods, I can hear through them but the mic doesn't work however if I speak close to the internal mic I can see that green bar moving up which exists in Sounds>Recording.

I updated the Intel graphic driver to the latest version 2 days ago and the Mic would work fine.

Few steps which I tried to fix the issue but didn't help:

1) Tried to setup mic: No go
    2) Tried reinstalling/updating audio drivers: No go
    3) Checked Microphone privacy settings and its ON
    4) Unchecked Allow application to take exclusive control of this device: No go

Can someone help me on this?
    Thank you

4. n-ster Win User

Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop

Earphone w/mic problem... the earphones are acting as a mic!

its annoying.. I need to use my mic, but the earphone is acting like a mic, not the mic! its one of those earphones w/mic for iphone

on my desktop I successfully can use it as a mic, but on my netbook I can't

n-ster, Jun 20, 2020
Thema:

Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop

1. Cant use earphone's mic on my dell laptop - Similar Threads - Cant earphone's mic

2. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  3. How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How to use laptops built in mic instead of earphone mic: Basically when I plug in my earphone, the laptop switches to the earphones mic and I want it to use the built in mic but there seems to be no way to change or switch between them and some solution states that I can switch between them at the control panel or smt but there's...
  4. How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one: I have an earphone using 3.5mm Jack. When I plug it into my laptop Dell Inspiron 3576, the mic that the laptop use is the laptop's one, not the earphone's mic. Is there any way to change it? I have tried sth but it didn't work at...
  5. How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one

How to use earphone's mic instead of laptop's one: I have an earphone using 3.5mm Jack. When I plug it into my laptop Dell Inspiron 3576, the mic that the laptop use is the laptop's one, not the earphone's mic. Is there any way to change it? I have tried sth but it didn't work at...
  6. i cant use my earphones mic in my laptop.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    i cant use my earphones mic in my laptop.: i tried everything i cant change it im using windows 11 right now. it worked fine when i was using windows 10 ,earlier when i used to plugin my earphone a popup comes up asking if its a mic , headphone or headset this uses earphone mic . Now it uses only my laptop mic and its...
  7. i cant use my earphones mic in my laptop.

i cant use my earphones mic in my laptop.: i tried everything i cant change it im using windows 11 right now. it worked fine when i was using windows 10 ,earlier when i used to plugin my earphone a popup comes up asking if its a mic , headphone or headset this uses earphone mic . Now it uses only my laptop mic and its...
  8. Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Laptop using built-in microphone instead of earphone mic: I'm having a recent issue after I reset my laptop. After I reset my laptop, it started to use my laptop's built-in microphone instead of the microphone on my earphones. I have tried many possible solutions such as re-installing my audio drivers but that didn't work. For added...
  9. how to use earphone as mic

how to use earphone as mic: I can not use my earphone as a mic can you know how to use that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-to-use-earphone-as-mic/9e16d4c1-e370-4fde-9047-bc33c0fc00dd
  10. How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?

How to use the built-in laptop mic instead of earphones' mic?: Hello, I am currently using a laptop with a dual audio port (one for audio output and one for audio input - microphone). Last week I bought the HyperX Cloud Earbuds, its mic worked perfectly on my mobile phone but didn't work as well on the laptop. I bought a audio splitting...