Windows 10: Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

Discus and support Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by RADDY1993, Jan 3, 2016.

1. RADDY1993 Win User

Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout

Hi all, i just got a new Keyboard as a present from my son and its all good except the " and @ are the wrong way round. I have changed everything to UK and still this problem continues, does anyone have a solution to this problem, Thanx in advance for any help. Below is some info and screenies to assist you.

OS- Windows 10 Home x64

Keyborad - Motospeed K70L 7 Colorful LED Backlit Wired Desktop Keyboard Water Resistant USB Gaming Computer Keyboard for Dota LOL: Amazon.co.uk: Computers Accessories

Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout [​IMG]

:)

RADDY1993, Jan 3, 2016

2. After your software update requirement. Keyboard working weird, typing £ instead of # & typing " instead of @ .... Please help..

Looks like the keyboard layout is messed up-You should be using English US keyboard while the current keyboard layout is English UK. Might be vice versa.

Add a keyboard first-If the current is EN-UK add EN-US or if the current is EN-US add EN-UK.

How to change your keyboard layout on Windows 10 PC

Set the newly added keyboard as default and see if the issue persists.

If not, remove the older one and you should be good to go.

Sumit Dhiman2, Jan 3, 2016
  3. Larssral Win User
    Language versus Keyboard layout

Help!

Is there no way to have a PC with a US English keyboard layout but UK English spelling?

Larssral, Jan 3, 2016
  4. D3LL Win User

In the 'Language' window try add new language, going to United Kingdom, then just go to English, scroll to the bottom and press English. This shouldn't say extended next to it.

D3LL, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. Cant Use English UK Keyboard Layout - Similar Threads - Cant English Keyboard

2. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  3. Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't keep English Intl as the default keyboard layout while using English UK system language.: Hi. I searched for an answer to this exact issue, but could only find answers telling me to delete English UK. That's not what I need.Basically, I bought a Win11 laptop not in the UK, so it doesn't have the UK layout with @ where " is located, and £ where # is located for...
  4. I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11

I can`t remove english uk keyboard layout on win 11: Hi! I Can`t delete english uk keyboard layout. I tried to follow instructions step by step given on elevenforum.com including removing Keyboard identifier from registry but after restart I still have two english keyboard layout which is pissing me off....
  5. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  6. How to remove UK English Keyboard?

How to remove UK English Keyboard?: Greetings to allOn the language preferences in Settings I have a couple of options setup that I mostly use see image.But the language list that I see when I click on the top right corner is slightly different. It has two UK English options which I don't need, don't use and...
  7. Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?

in Windows 10 Customization
    Removing English (UK) keyboard layout in Windows 10?: Hello there! Ever since the last Windows 10 update, the English (UK) keyboard layout appeared in my languages, and I cannot remove it. When I open Language Settings, the keyboard layout isn't there, so I can't remove it, but it is still present otherwise - please see the...
  8. UK Keyboard layout?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    UK Keyboard layout?: I just ordered a laptop, and after placing the order I realized it had a UK keyboard layout. Is this going to be an issue here in the US. It is a Google Pixelbook. 122871
  9. UK keyboard layout

in Windows 10 Customization
    UK keyboard layout: Cannot change keyboard to UK . Instructions incomplete https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-start-win_desk/uk-keyboard-layout/d6329e7f-49be-4dce-b00d-041aaf9c7e36
  10. US keyboard + UK English

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    US keyboard + UK English: Is it possible to setup Windows so that it recognises that I have an ANSI layout, but that spell checking and such is in British English? 29942