Windows 10: Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

Discus and support Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Expression Web 4, for small web projects, and would prefer to continue that program. Suddently I cant use "find in source code" when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klausandersen1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. klausandersen1 Win User

Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

Hi,

I'm using Expression Web 4, for small web projects, and would prefer to continue that program.

Suddently I cant use "find in source code" when radio button is set to "Current page" anny more. A week ago it was still working.

I supose it has something to do with an update for Windows?

How can i get it back?

Kind regards

Klaus Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 b0314cd6-4f23-4003-8269-afd9c05612d1?upload=true.jpg

:)

klausandersen1, Sep 6, 2018
  2. Joseph Ban Win User

Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 version 1703

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest that you follow the options below to prevent the Expression Web 4 from crashing:

Option 1: Run the Repair for Expression Web 4.

This will repair the missing components of Expression Web 4 for it to work properly. To run the repair for Expression Web 4, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program.
    • Select Expression Web 4 from the list.
    • Click Repair or Uninstall/Change,
      click Continue, click Repair.

Once you're done, restart your device and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 2: Remove the extensions of Expression Web 4.

On the Start Menu Search Box, type Control Panel > This PC > Drive C
    and follow this path: Program Files/Microsoft Expression/Web/en/Extensions, and remove the two folders inside
    Extensions.

Let us know which option works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Expression Web 4 Crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

For better assistance, could you answer the queries below:

• Have you tried reinstalling the Microsoft Expression Web 4?
    • Have you tried updating the Microsoft Expression Web 4?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When you say "modification", what do you exactly mean?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Conga Player Win User

aspx control errors with Expression web 4 and Windows 10

error creating control- contentplaceholder1

object reference not set to an instance of an object

The error message I am getting when I run aspx page with Expression Web 4 on Windows 10. Ran good on Windows 7. Ran compatibility test on Windows 10 it said Expression Web 4 was incompatible with Windows 10, workaround did not work on Windows 10. Any
    suggestions besides going to Visual Studio Community 13 and 15? I like my Expression Web 4 Studio Ultimate and I like Windows 10. I think there might be a problem with NET.4 and NET4.5, I also have Visual Studio 2013 on this computer. I tried to download
    and install Net.4 and the installation program said it was installed with Windows 10?

Conga Player, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

1. Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 - Similar Threads - Cant find source

2. How to find sign-in-options on Microsoft web page?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find sign-in-options on Microsoft web page?: I made a PIN a year and a half ago but I forgot it and I'm using my friend's PC so I went to the wed page but I could not find the PIN can someone tell me?...
  3. Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge

in Browsers and Email
    Web Page Printing Problem Using Edge: Windows 2008R2 active directory network using Group Policy and with all clients running Windows 10 Pro. For approximately the past year, when using Edge pretty much all content from a website could be printed... i.e. you fill out a form or want to print a particular screen...
  4. Infected Web Source

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected Web Source: Anyone else getting this. Bitdefender is throwing up this alarm every time I click on this web site or any post in this site. Never had this before, so it could well be a false positive. 33154
  5. windows search cant find certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search cant find certain apps: So when i use windows search for some reason when i type control panel or run neither of them appear anymore. I was having a issue with search before and rebuild the index could that have had a effect on it. 12805
  6. Web design for Real beginners - Ms Expression Web 4 or Wordpress

Web design for Real beginners - Ms Expression Web 4 or Wordpress: Hi there I'm a REAL BEGINNER at this stuff - not even 101 - probably 001 !!!!- and doing it just for fun currently - although I do Vinyl Record cutting for people so eventually I'll want a business and shopping basket site. - Much later though after I've learned a bit...
  7. Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update

Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update: Expression Web 4 has worked great with Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) through the 1607 version. When I upgraded to version 1703, most of Expression Web 4 still works, but when I try to add a hyperlink and click on the browse within the add link window, EW4 crashes. I can copy and...
  8. Search not finding files or settings, only web and store?

in Windows 10 Support
    Search not finding files or settings, only web and store?: Hi All, When I type in the search box in the task bar, the results are only from the web and the store and not my files, folders or my settings on my pc. This was working fine a few days ago. The example below is when I typed "device manager" Any ideas please? [img]...
  9. Search doesn't find web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't find web shortcuts: I have a program group that contains a bunch of shortcuts. Some are applications. Some are shortcut links to web pages or web-based control panels. The problem is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, searching doesn't find the web shortcuts. For example, "Password...
  10. Cant find 'my files' or 'search the web' in start button/menu or WIN+S

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant find 'my files' or 'search the web' in start button/menu or WIN+S: Hi people, my names Jimmy. I got Windows 10 home a few months now and am loving it. No problems whatsoever with the installation or setup/usage and it'd fast and bug free. My problem happened just last week... I used to press the WIN key & S to search for files. Or i can...