Windows 10: Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

Discus and support Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hi, I'm using Expression Web 4, for small web projects, and would prefer to continue that program. Suddently I cant use "find in source code" when... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by klausandersen1, Sep 6, 2018.

1. Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

Hi,

I'm using Expression Web 4, for small web projects, and would prefer to continue that program.

Suddently I cant use "find in source code" when radio button is set to "Current page" anny more. A week ago it was still working.

I supose it has something to do with an update for Windows?

How can i get it back?

Kind regards

Klaus Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 b0314cd6-4f23-4003-8269-afd9c05612d1?upload=true.jpg

:)

klausandersen1, Sep 6, 2018

2. Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 version 1703

Hi,

Regarding your concern, we suggest that you follow the options below to prevent the Expression Web 4 from crashing:

Option 1: Run the Repair for Expression Web 4.

This will repair the missing components of Expression Web 4 for it to work properly. To run the repair for Expression Web 4, follow the steps below:

• Click Start, type Control Panel.
    • Click Uninstall a program.
    • Select Expression Web 4 from the list.
    • Click Repair or Uninstall/Change,
      click Continue, click Repair.

Once you're done, restart your device and check if the issue is resolved.

Option 2: Remove the extensions of Expression Web 4.

On the Start Menu Search Box, type Control Panel > This PC > Drive C
    and follow this path: Program Files/Microsoft Expression/Web/en/Extensions, and remove the two folders inside
    Extensions.

Let us know which option works for you.

Joseph Ban, Sep 6, 2018
  3. Romel Ram Win User
    Expression Web 4 Crashing on Windows 10

Hi,

For better assistance, could you answer the queries below:

• Have you tried reinstalling the Microsoft Expression Web 4?
    • Have you tried updating the Microsoft Expression Web 4?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps you have done so far?
    • When you say "modification", what do you exactly mean?
    Looking forward to your response.

Regards.

Romel Ram, Sep 6, 2018
  4. Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

aspx control errors with Expression web 4 and Windows 10

error creating control- contentplaceholder1

object reference not set to an instance of an object

The error message I am getting when I run aspx page with Expression Web 4 on Windows 10. Ran good on Windows 7. Ran compatibility test on Windows 10 it said Expression Web 4 was incompatible with Windows 10, workaround did not work on Windows 10. Any
    suggestions besides going to Visual Studio Community 13 and 15? I like my Expression Web 4 Studio Ultimate and I like Windows 10. I think there might be a problem with NET.4 and NET4.5, I also have Visual Studio 2013 on this computer. I tried to download
    and install Net.4 and the installation program said it was installed with Windows 10?

Conga Player, Sep 6, 2018
Thema:

Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4

1. Cant use "find in source code" in page search - Expression Web 4 - Similar Threads - Cant find source

2. web page closes when i try to search

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    web page closes when i try to search: I am surprised that this page hasn't closed because the web page usually closes when I try to search or fill out a form. Have no idea; have tried to find answers....no clue. thank you for your consideration of this matter....
  3. My search cant find files

in Cortana
    My search cant find files: i have done everything possible to do. been on so many sites trying to fix it. for some reason when i search i cannot find any files or apps using the start search or in documents search. i have checked my service is running. i have i did few cmd commands. i have tried...
  4. How to find sign-in-options on Microsoft web page?

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    How to find sign-in-options on Microsoft web page?: I made a PIN a year and a half ago but I forgot it and I'm using my friend's PC so I went to the wed page but I could not find the PIN can someone tell me?...
  5. Infected Web Source

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Infected Web Source: Anyone else getting this. Bitdefender is throwing up this alarm every time I click on this web site or any post in this site. Never had this before, so it could well be a false positive. 33154
  6. windows search cant find certain apps

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    windows search cant find certain apps: So when i use windows search for some reason when i type control panel or run neither of them appear anymore. I was having a issue with search before and rebuild the index could that have had a effect on it. 12805
  7. Web design for Real beginners - Ms Expression Web 4 or Wordpress

Web design for Real beginners - Ms Expression Web 4 or Wordpress: Hi there I'm a REAL BEGINNER at this stuff - not even 101 - probably 001 !!!!- and doing it just for fun currently - although I do Vinyl Record cutting for people so eventually I'll want a business and shopping basket site. - Much later though after I've learned a bit...
  8. Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update

Expression Web 4 crashes with Windows 10 Creators Update: Expression Web 4 has worked great with Windows 10 (32 and 64 bit) through the 1607 version. When I upgraded to version 1703, most of Expression Web 4 still works, but when I try to add a hyperlink and click on the browse within the add link window, EW4 crashes. I can copy and...
  9. Search doesn't find web shortcuts

in Windows 10 Support
    Search doesn't find web shortcuts: I have a program group that contains a bunch of shortcuts. Some are applications. Some are shortcut links to web pages or web-based control panels. The problem is that ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, searching doesn't find the web shortcuts. For example, "Password...
  10. Cant find 'my files' or 'search the web' in start button/menu or WIN+S

in Windows 10 Support
    Cant find 'my files' or 'search the web' in start button/menu or WIN+S: Hi people, my names Jimmy. I got Windows 10 home a few months now and am loving it. No problems whatsoever with the installation or setup/usage and it'd fast and bug free. My problem happened just last week... I used to press the WIN key & S to search for files. Or i can...