Windows 10: Can't Use Fingerprint Login?

Discus and support Can't Use Fingerprint Login? in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Hi, So I have an ASUS laptop with a specific fingerprint area on the trackpad. I didn't have this issue until my laptop updated on its own. It won't... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by fairytheberry, Dec 21, 2020.

1. Can't Use Fingerprint Login?

Hi,

So I have an ASUS laptop with a specific fingerprint area on the trackpad. I didn't have this issue until my laptop updated on its own. It won't allow me to do anything with my fingerprint. In the settings tab, it says that "fingerprint is not compatible with your device" which makes no sense to me? I have a literal place /for/ a fingerprint and it won't let me use it. I'm not sure if this is just an issue of just restarting my laptop for I have yet to try it but I would like to know why this issue is happening in the first place, and if anyone else has/had the same issue.

Thank you!!

:)

fairytheberry, Dec 21, 2020

2. Fingerprint removed during upgrade and i can't login !!

Hi Firas,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to login to the guest account and update the drivers for fingerprint by following the steps below and check if it helps.

• Press Windows key + R and type “devmgmt.msc” and press Enter.
    • Right click on the driver for Fingerprint and select the option to update the driver and follow the prompts to update.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 21, 2020
  3. Nikhar_K Win User
    Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Rajesh,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

We understand that you are unable to use Windows Hello Fingerprint to sign in to Windows. It would be great if you can reply with the details requested below:

• When you say, “I am not getting the option to log-in into windows using fingerprint.” What login options do you see on the login screen?
    • What happens when you try to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint scanner to login to Windows?
    • Were you able to use the Windows Hello Fingerprint to login to Windows earlier?

Ideally, on the login screen, you will see Sign-in options that allows you to use different sign-in methods to login to Windows.

As you have mentioned that you are able to use the Fingerprint scanner on websites, I would suggest you to refer the steps mentioned below and see if that helps:

1. On the login screen, click on Sign-in options.
    2. Click on the Fingerprint icon, scan the Fingerprint, and see if you are able to sign in.

Refer the screenshot below:

Can't Use Fingerprint Login? fc087693-5104-47d8-960f-4d6097885918?upload=true.jpg

If the issue persists, try removing the Fingerprint and add it again. Refer the steps mentioned below:

1. Press Windows key + I, to open
      Settings
    2. Click on Accounts and click on
      Sign-in options
      on the left pane.
    3. Now, click on Windows Hello Fingerprint and click on
      Remove.
    4. Follow the on-screen instructions to remove the Fingerprint.
    5. Once done, click on Set up and follow the on-screen instructions to add the Fingerprint.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Nikhar Khare

Microsoft Community - Moderator

Nikhar_K, Dec 21, 2020
  4. Can't Use Fingerprint Login?

Windows Hello Fingerprint issue

Hi Nikhar,

Thanks for the reply.

Yesterday I had a chat discussion with one of the Microsoft tech agents. After much troubleshooting and hit and try, some issues got fixed.

I use HP Client Security for fingerprint login. There I also created 'spare key' which was preventing Windows to show fingerprint login option. When I removed spare key option, I got back the fingerprint login option for me.

Thanks & regards,

Rajesh Pathak

RajeshfromIndia, Dec 21, 2020
Thema:

Can't Use Fingerprint Login?

1. Can't Use Fingerprint Login? - Similar Threads - Can't Fingerprint Login

2. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  3. I have an issue with login, using fingerprint

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I have an issue with login, using fingerprint: Actually when i am using only PIN or Password for logging in to the laptop, its asking for the pin or password to enter, But when i wanted to set fingerprint also for login, its not working. Means when i turn on the laptop it is not asking for fingerprint or even pin also, it...
  4. Can't login with fingerprint - TPM Replaced

Can't login with fingerprint - TPM Replaced: I recently had a spate of hardware trouble with my Dell XPS 13 9300 laptop running Windows 11, in which the motherboard somehow got fried. I had it sent to Dell for repairs, and the logic board motherboard, keyboard, and keyboard plate were replaced.However, upon receiving...
  5. Can't login with fingerprint - TPM Replaced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login with fingerprint - TPM Replaced: I recently had a spate of hardware trouble with my Dell XPS 13 9300 laptop running Windows 11, in which the motherboard somehow got fried. I had it sent to Dell for repairs, and the logic board motherboard, keyboard, and keyboard plate were replaced.However, upon receiving...
  6. Can't Log in using fingerprint or password.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't Log in using fingerprint or password.: I have a Lenovo T570 with Win 11 Pro.After setting up a microsoft account to log into Windows on the device I was also able to set up a fingerprint login.However after restarting the laptop it would only ask for fingerprint which did not work and would not prompt anything to...
  7. Can't Log in using fingerprint or password.

Can't Log in using fingerprint or password.: I have a Lenovo T570 with Win 11 Pro.After setting up a microsoft account to log into Windows on the device I was also able to set up a fingerprint login.However after restarting the laptop it would only ask for fingerprint which did not work and would not prompt anything to...
  8. Fingerprint login

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Fingerprint login: Hello trying to get finger print login to work again. Yesterday it was working fine today it isn't. I can't get anything to work what do i do? I cannot even get a hold of anyone with microsoft on this matter over the phone and there is no dust in my finger print scan spot. I...
  9. Fingerprint Login

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Fingerprint Login: I got a new Lenovo Yoga C940-14IIL and the fingerprint login stopped working after a day. I get a message saying "your credentials could not be verified" It looks like the scanner is fine. It lights up and recognizes my account but then give me the error above. I then have to...
  10. use fingerprint as default login option

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    use fingerprint as default login option: everytime i boot my laptop.. i am greeted by enter PIN... i need to click sign in option then pick fingerprint everytime i need to login. is there a way to make fingerprint as my default way to login?... 19023