Windows 10: Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

Discus and support Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; This has me thoroughly stumped. I am unable to use the + key on the numpad without holding down shift with it. All keyboard testers online show the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SynapticPathway, Aug 24, 2020.

1. Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

This has me thoroughly stumped.

I am unable to use the + key on the numpad without holding down shift with it. All keyboard testers online show the key is working by itself. If I remote in and login to a Windows Server 2012 machine, it works fine without the need to hold shift. Using a different keyboard plugged in, the same issue occurs - it won't work unless I hold shift. The same issue occurs when I use the Windows 10 on screen keyboard.

Anyone have any thoughts? I have checked all the ease of access settings like sticky keys and turned them all off.

submitted by /u/SynapticPathway
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SynapticPathway, Aug 24, 2020
  2. W_Mace Win User

Number Pad behavior when holding the Shift key.

Currently the behavior of the number pad while Num-Lock is engaged is for Num-Lock to be temporarily disengaged when holding the shift key. For example pressing Shift + Numpad_1 whith Num-Lock on will be recognized as pressing the End key.

How can I stop Shift from temporarily disabling Num-Lock?

I want Shift+Numpad_1 to be recognized as such and not as End etc.

W_Mace, Aug 24, 2020
  3. Kari Win User
    Num pad won't type numbers, just moves mouse

You have pressed NUM LOCK key, possibly accidentally. The key is on top left corner of num pad, it toggles num pad ON / OFF. When off, number keys work as mouse keys.

4. Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

key 10 pad numbers -

key 10 pad numbers - not working is their some kinda toggle key??? besides num lock.

our office got these keyboards for us and we have had all kinds of "weird" little issues... like this -- we are not happy with these keyboards.

anyone got any suggestions....

SCOTT COUNTY PVAmapping, Aug 24, 2020
Thema:

Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only?

1. Can't use + key on Num Pad without holding shift in windows 10 only? - Similar Threads - Can't key Num

2. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8: Technically my pc works but only if I press shift+f8 on startupIt started when I attempted to turn on virtualisation from bios -> after doing it instead of booting windows 10 only boots to a bsod that is on screen less than second so I'm unable to read italso these don't show...
  3. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8: Technically my pc works but only if I press shift+f8 on startupIt started when I attempted to turn on virtualisation from bios -> after doing it instead of booting windows 10 only boots to a bsod that is on screen less than second so I'm unable to read italso these don't show...
  4. Windows 10 only boots when holding shift+f8

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Gaming
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “w” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “w” key it works and prints a capital “W” or if i hold ”w” key then press “shift” key it prints a “w”...
  6. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift: My “w” key doesn’t work on the keyboard after the update but when i press “shift”key and “w” key it works and prints a capital “W” or if i hold ”w” key then press “shift” key it prints a “w”...
  7. One of my key doesn’t work without holding shift

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  8. I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    I can no longer delete things using the delete key on the num pad. it only works as a "."...: There are two delete key shortcuts on my hp omen laptop. One above near the function bar and one down on the numpad. both function as a shortcut to delete things. but recently the numpad one stopped working as a delete function. if I try to delete selected files using it, I...
  9. external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad

in Windows 10 Support
    external keyboard to msi laptop without num key pad: Hello folks, I plan to add an external keyboard, with numeric keypad, to my msi-laptop. This laptop came without the usual numeric keys to the right of the keyboard. Question: if the external (usb) keyboard has numeric keys, which I suppose will be the case, will these...
  10. Windows 10 Num Pad

in Windows 10 Customization
    Windows 10 Num Pad: A lot of people ask how to keep Num Lock on. My problem is that in some programs, like Google Chrome, if I use the number pad to move the cursor, it gives me numbers, whether Num Lock is on or not. If I press Windows + Space, I can select from one of two keyboards, US or UK....