Windows 10: Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer

Discus and support Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I have been trying to login to my computer, but I can’t type anything because my computer won’t recognize my keyboard and mouse until I login. Can... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Arinze Ani, Jun 10, 2020.

1. Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer

I have been trying to login to my computer, but I can’t type anything because my computer won’t recognize my keyboard and mouse until I login. Can someone please help me? I have been trying to find youtube videos that could help, but those didn’t help at all. Neither my mouse nor my keyboard works. Please help! I want to use my computer again.

:)

Arinze Ani, Jun 10, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jun 11, 2020
  3. Keyboard & mouse not working at windows 10 login

Hi Gonzukes,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community Forums. Your interest on Windows 10 is appreciated.

I understand the inconvenience that you are facing. We are glad to help you.

I would suggest you to follow the methods given below and check if it works:

Method 1:

I would suggest you to run “Hardware and Devices” troubleshooter to diagnose the exact issue.

Follow these steps to run the troubleshooter:

• Press “Windows key + X”.

• Type “Troubleshooting” without quotes in the Search box and hit enter.

• Select “Hardware and Sound” from the Troubleshooter Window.

• Select “Hardware and Devices” under Devices option.
    Follow the On Screen instructions.

Method 2: Un-install and re-install latest keyboard and mouse drivers from the computer manufacturer’s website and check.

Follow these steps:

• Press “Windows Key + X” from the keyboard.

• Type “device Manager” without quotes in the search box and hit enter.

• Right click on the keyboard and mouse drivers and select
      “Uninstall”.
    Restart the computer once it is uninstalled.

Hope this information helps. Do contact us for further queries. We will be happy to assist.

Thank you.

Jenith_James, Jun 11, 2020
  4. Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer

Keyboard and mouse

Hi Vicki,

The issue you are experiencing when using your mouse and keyboard may be due to a corrupted software or a hardware failure on the computer. However, we need to perform some troubleshooting steps to isolate the cause of this concern. Before we proceed, may
    we know the following:

• Have you tried using a different mouse and keyboard? If so, did you encounter the same problem?
    • Did you try using the said mouse and keyboard on a different computer?

Desiree Yau, Jun 11, 2020
Thema:

Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer

1. Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer - Similar Threads - Can’t keyboard mouse

2. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...: I had reset Windows 10. I was installing programs like Discord, Chrome, etc. when I got a blue screen with a percentage. When the percentage reached 100% it restarted and since then neither the keyboard nor the mouse has workedI have managed to enter the bios, here the...
  3. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...: I had reset Windows 10. I was installing programs like Discord, Chrome, etc. when I got a blue screen with a percentage. When the percentage reached 100% it restarted and since then neither the keyboard nor the mouse has workedI have managed to enter the bios, here the...
  4. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  6. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t login into my computer: So idk how but I disabled my password for my computer but it still asks for it, so when I try to go to command prompt in recovery mode it asks for a password and when I put my old password it says incorrect, same thing for when I want to use my system restore, and when I...
  7. Can’t login into my computer

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can’t login to my computer: This day when I started up my computer and tried to login it said that I had to make a new pin so I tried to do it but it said that I needed to download a app that let’s me change pin apparently but I can’t download it because I need to make a new pin. Please help....
  9. Can’t login to my computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t login to my computer: I built my own PC and it uses Windows 10. I got a VPN and now I’m getting the “no internet, secured” error whenever I try to login, barring me from actually logging in. I’ve tried everything that’s suggested online and the Microsoft forums are the most useless forum I’ve ever...
  10. Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates: It started after an update earlier this week, my mouse rgb would get lights but I’d have no cursor or keyboard,but about 30 minutes of unplugging and restarting fixed it Then yesterday’s update did the same thing, in the advanced boot options menu I am able to use my mouse...