Windows 10: Can't use laptop without internet access

Discus and support Can't use laptop without internet access in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Malik Grisby, Mar 16, 2023.

1. Can't use laptop without internet access

Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the internet, and I'd frankly be a little perturbed if I purchased your product, only to be locked out by design.Thanks.

:)

Malik Grisby, Mar 16, 2023
  2. jcaswell Win User

W10 can connect to wider internet but cannot access web pages

I have an odd issue with my W10 laptop linked to Sky broadband in the UK via wifi using a Sky router. The effect is that while I can actually access the internet (I can send and receive emails using Outlook and can connect to other machines using TeamViewer) I cannot access any web site (Google, BBC etc). There is no specific error message, merely that the access request timed out and a suggestion that it may be to do with proxy.

I have tried the following:

1. Other systems (W10 and ios) can access web sites using the same Sky router (therefore probably not a router problem)
    2. I have sent and received emails using Outlook, so the broadband connection is working (probably not a Sky problem)
    3. I have tried two different browsers (Firefox and Edge), no connection (not a browser problem)
    4. I am using Windows Defender and have:
      1. Made sure that Firefox is in the list of allowed systems in its Firewall, no connection after a reboot
      2. Turned off the Firewall and tried again - no connection
    My next step will be to re-install Windows, but has anyone got any other suggestions? Could it be some sort of virus (I have carried out a complete virus check using Defender)

So - any suggestions?

jcaswell, Mar 16, 2023
  3. how to access laptop from other laptop by internet remotely

Method – 1 : AdHoc Network
    Here I am Using Two Laptops say ‘Laptop-1’ and ‘Laptop-2’ for sharing the Data.Therefore First of all we need to Configure both the Laptops One by One as illustrated below.

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to boost and Increase your internet speed

Setting Up Laptop – 1
      • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 1’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name as shown below in the Image.
      Can't use laptop without internet access 1.jpg
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Now You need to Configure your TCP/IP Settings to Assign the IP Address to the Laptop.
    • Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.1
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.2
    Can't use laptop without internet access 2.jpg

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Setting Up Laptop – 2
    • Go to My Computer and Open its Properties.
    Note – If You are a Windows 7 User then Go to My Computer -> Properties -> Advanced System settings

• Navigate to Computer Name tab and Select Change and Rename the Computer Name to ‘Laptop – 2’ and Tick WORKGROUP and Give it any name.
    • Now Go Network Connections.
    Start -> Control Panel -> Network and Internet -> Network and Sharing Center – Change Adapter Settings

• Next Open ‘Wireless Network adapter’ Properties.
    • Now Navigate to the ‘Wireless Network Tab’ and There Select Advanced Button and then Select Computer to Computer (Ad-Hoc) connection.
    • Click on Add Preferred Networks and Provide the Following Details.
    Network name (SSID) – WiFi
    Network Authentication – Open
    Data Encryption – Disabled

• Open Your Network Adapter Settings and Go to Properties and Select Internet Protocol Version 4 and Provide the Following IP Address as shown below in the Image.
    IP Address – 192.168.1.2
    Subnet Mask – 255.255.255.0
    Default Gateway – 192.168.1.1
    Can't use laptop without internet access 3.jpg

Note- Carefully Enter the Above Details Remember the IP Address should be different for both the Laptops.

• Click OK and You are all Done.
    Now Open Your Network Adapters and Connect.Also You can Use Map Network Drive to Share the Files or Folder as shown below in the Image.
    Can't use laptop without internet access 4.jpg

Note Imp – You must Give all the Permissions From the Windows Firewall for allowing to Share the Files and Folders therefore some time it becomes difficult to Connect Laptops using the Above method therefore you can use Method 2 by Using IP Messenger a Free Utility For Sharing The data between two Devices.How to Write in English Without Mistakes : SmartEdit

Method – 2 : Using IP Messenger – Simple and Easy
    This is the Best Method to Connect two Laptops or Computers for sharing the Files.You just need to Download and Install IP Messenger on Both the Laptops or Computers and You are all Done.How to Transfer Data Using USB Cable

• Set the IP address of one Laptop to be 192.168.0.x(x can be any value between 0-255) and set the another computer IP address 192.168.0.y(y can be any value between 0-255)
    • Make sure that value of x doesn’t match value of y it should be different (For Example set IP 192.168.0.1 and 192.168.0.2)
    • Now Run IP Messenger and You will see the Connected Devices in the List
    • Now You just need to Drag and Drop the Files that you want to Share
    • Accept the Files from the Other Computer and You are all Done

CAPSLOCKSTUCK, Mar 16, 2023
  4. jack63ss Win User

Can't use laptop without internet access

LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied.

I am trying to share a folder on a LAPTOP. I have other a number of other systems that have folders Shared and they work fine, but with this one I get the error "LAPTOP is not accessible ..... Access is denied." when I try to access it from a different Win10 system. So I went thru the entire "How to Share Files and Folders Over a Network in Windows 10" tutorial step by step. File and Print Sharing is enabled, SMB1.0 client & server are running, and Everyone has Full Access to the Share. Still get the error. I have tried it with the Network Public and Private, with the same result. Any suggestions ?

Microsoft Windows 10 Home
    Version 10.0.19042 Build 19042

jack63ss, Mar 16, 2023
Thema:

Can't use laptop without internet access

1. Can't use laptop without internet access - Similar Threads - Can't laptop without

2. Can't login to Windows account on laptop without internet. Cannot access internet settings....

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't login to Windows account on laptop without internet. Cannot access internet settings....: Conducted a full reset on a Windows 10 laptop belonging to my son. During initial setup, I connected to my Wi-Fi network and logged in using my Microsoft account. Operated fine following the full reset. The laptop was shutdown overnight. Today, I can’t log in to my laptop, as...
  3. Can't login to Windows account on laptop without internet. Cannot access internet settings....

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't login to Windows account on laptop without internet. Cannot access internet settings....: Conducted a full reset on a Windows 10 laptop belonging to my son. During initial setup, I connected to my Wi-Fi network and logged in using my Microsoft account. Operated fine following the full reset. The laptop was shutdown overnight. Today, I can’t log in to my laptop, as...
  4. Can't use laptop without internet access

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  5. Can't use laptop without internet access

Can't use laptop without internet access: Hi. I'm trying to get a document from my drive but guess what? I can't use the computer without logging into Microsoft. 2 questions:1 How can I disable this permanently?2 Why would you design a computer that can't be used in a rural area? Not everyone has access to the...
  6. Can't use computer without internet

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Can't use computer without internet: Freshly installed OS; recently moved to a new app and I dont have internet access yet; when i try to login it says 'You'll need internet connection for this'. I want to access my OS and files and keep writing my graduation thesis. I tried holding shift and restarting and...
  7. Can't use computer without internet

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't use computer without internet: Freshly installed OS; recently moved to a new app and I dont have internet access yet; when i try to login it says 'You'll need internet connection for this'. I want to access my OS and files and keep writing my graduation thesis. I tried holding shift and restarting and...
  8. Can't use computer without internet

9. Cant use laptop without internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Cant use laptop without internet: Hello. I just purchased this laptop. I cant sign in without internet. Meaning, I can't use this laptop at all with out internet, it will not go past the log in screen. It says I need internet connection. But why? I don't want to get on the internet right now. I want to use...
  10. Can't access NAS without internet

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't access NAS without internet: My access to my Synology NAS is not working anymore since I have moved. At my new place, I don't have internet (yet) and it looks like that is tripping off Windows (maybe it increased security settings???). I have my folders mapped, I used to be able to access my NAS folders...