Windows 10: Cant use letters to browse files

Discus and support Cant use letters to browse files in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I am getting an annoying issue with windows lately. If i browse a folder, i will usually click on a letter on my keyboard to find a file, e.g if im... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Cerawy, Dec 15, 2018.

1. Cerawy Win User

Cant use letters to browse files

I am getting an annoying issue with windows lately. If i browse a folder, i will usually click on a letter on my keyboard to find a file, e.g if im searching for a file that begins with the letter a, i will click on a on my keybord to quickly jump to the file. What happens instead of the windows will instantly jump to the search bar instead, preventing me from using my keyboard to browse through files with. Any way to fix it?

Solution: go folder options and click on select the typed item in the view.

:)

Cerawy, Dec 15, 2018

2. Edge Search Does Not Permit Change of Region

I got these suggestions from the Microsoft Community forum.No. 1 worked for me:

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community. I am glad to assist you on this.
    We have reproduce the issue here and we are able to access non-regional search for google using Microsoft Edge.
    I would suggest you to try the below steps and check if it helps.
    Step 1:
    Clear browsing data option of Microsoft Edge and check if you face the issue. To do so perform the steps below.

1. Click on the More actions icon next to the feedback icon present on top right corner of the Project Spartan homepage.
    2. Select Settings and click on Choose what to clear.
    3. Check the boxes Browsing history, Cookies and saved website data and Cached data and files and click on Clear.
    Step 2:
    I suggest you to create a new user account and check if the issue occurs.

1. Go to Settings.
    2. Choose Accounts and then select Family and other users.
    3. Select add someone else on this PC.
    4. Enter a user name and hit next.
    5. Click on Finish.
    6. Sign out from the current Account and Log into the new account.
    Step 3:
    It could also happen because of network issue. I suggest you to try with different network connection and check if it helps.

hurricane51, Dec 15, 2018
  3. btarunr Win User
    OCZ Technology Group Reports Receipt of Nasdaq Compliance Letter

OCZ Technology Group, Inc. (NASDAQ: OCZ), a leading provider of high-performance solid-state drives (SSDs) for computing devices and systems, today announced that because of the delayed filing with the SEC of the Form 10-Q for the period ending August 31, 2012 (the "Form 10-Q"), the Company received a letter from The Nasdaq OMX Group ("Nasdaq") indicating that the Company is not in compliance with the filing requirements for continued listing under Nasdaq Listing Rule 5250(c).

The Nasdaq letter notes that the Company is required to submit a plan to regain compliance with Nasdaq's filing requirements for continued listing within 60 calendar days of the date of the Nasdaq notification letter. Upon acceptance of the Company's compliance plan, Nasdaq is permitted to grant an extension of up to 180 days from the Form 10-Q's filing due date, or until April 8, 2013, for the Company to regain compliance with Nasdaq's filing requirements for continued listing.

As previously stated, the Company continues to work diligently to complete the financial review. While we are hopeful that the review will be completed in the near future, we cannot currently estimate the exact date.

btarunr, Dec 15, 2018
  4. Cant use letters to browse files

Lost Picture ID + all photo files and Touchpad

Hi Doug,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I would like to ask if the option to keep files and settings was selected at the time of roll back to previous version.

Also, some files may be hidden. So, I suggest you to check the size of the drive where the photos were saved. If the files are hidden, suggest you to follow the steps provided below:

• Right click on Start icon and select Command Prompt (Admin).
    • Type/ (copy & paste) the below command line.
    Attrib –h –r –s /s /d D:*.* (Replace the letter ”D” with the drive letter where the photos were saved)

Check if the photos are available.

For the ID picture on sign-in, can set it again by following the steps below:

• Go to PC Settings.
    • Click on Accounts.
    • In the right pane, click on Browse under Add a Picture.
    • Select the desired picture and click on OK.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Dec 15, 2018
Thema:

Cant use letters to browse files

1. Cant use letters to browse files - Similar Threads - Cant letters browse

2. Bit locker Cant access files after changing drive letter

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Bit locker Cant access files after changing drive letter: I changed my bit locker drive letter not realizing I would be able to see my files, I know my password and can get into it but don't see on files anymore. I know they are there because the hard drive space is showing used space....
  3. Bit locker Cant access files after changing drive letter

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Bit locker Cant access files after changing drive letter: I changed my bit locker drive letter not realizing I would be able to see my files, I know my password and can get into it but don't see on files anymore. I know they are there because the hard drive space is showing used space....
  4. I cant see my files when I browse File Open

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I cant see my files when I browse File Open: When I go to a website/ Word/ Access, etc... and use the option browse/upload and select Document / Desktops/Downloads, etc... to upload the files I can't see my files but when I get out of the FILE OPEN my files show up with no problem. They are there....
  5. I cant see my files when I browse File Open

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    I cant see my files when I browse File Open: When I go to a website/ Word/ Access, etc... and use the option browse/upload and select Document / Desktops/Downloads, etc... to upload the files I can't see my files but when I get out of the FILE OPEN my files show up with no problem. They are there....
  6. Unable to use Open > Browse for XLSX, PPTX or DOCX files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Unable to use Open > Browse for XLSX, PPTX or DOCX files: Each time I attempt to Open with 'Browse' function, the application crashes when selecting xlsx, docx and pptx files even before clicking the 'Open' button. The same when I try to open from any Office apps, or when using the 'browse' window to upload to Chrome, Firefox,...
  7. unable to browse and use cortana

in Cortana
    unable to browse and use cortana: I face a problem with using Cortana and browsing on the internet. When I try to use the search options, the keyboard gets stuck and I can not type anything. I have Windows 10 Education installed, version KB4073543...
  8. Help, Hotspot connected but cant browse.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Help, Hotspot connected but cant browse.: HELP Was hotspoting to my hp laptop 8470p from my android J730G with no problem then at some point i can not browse web pages on any browser. I appear to be connected but no pages will display. I get the page saying "the site cant be reached, the connection was reset....
  9. Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Windows 10 using all my bandwidth, cant even browse reddit: For the past two weeks my internet has been throttled mega hard by windows. I've installed net limiter to see what program was using my internet I've tried: setting as metered connection, all sorts of regedits, installing tcp optimizer (which seems to fix it for about 10...
  10. BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD while browsing internet and then cant restart.: Happy New Year to all. Computer has been acting up it seems after every Windows 10 update. I had to unplug my external 2nd monitor adapter but now it will happen just browsing as well then gets BSOD, restarts, says it's attempting automatic repair, then BSOD, and repeats...