Windows 10: Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update.

Discus and support Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update. in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So yesterday nighr I saw a Windows Defender update in the settings and downloaded it it slowly went up the first few percent but then it just went... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Real_Anzock, Jul 13, 2020.

1. Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update.

So yesterday nighr I saw a Windows Defender update in the settings and downloaded it it slowly went up the first few percent but then it just went away? I didnt mind and just shut off my pc (Could somehow not get the start menu up so I shut off by rightclicking the windows button) also did the AMD Adrenalin driver update to 20.7.1 if that matters.

But now when I bootet my PC this morning nothing worked? I could not do anything the LED on my KB and mouse didnt work either. In WinRE they DO work I got there by restarting my PC quickly a few times. I clicked uninstall latest quality update and restartet still nothing worked. Then I again went in WinRE and tested if it would work in Safe Mode. I thought it whould because it works in WinRE. BUT NO? It does not work if I somehow boot Windows? Anyone knows it already restartet many times tried all 6 usb and shut off completly for about 10 minutes.

submitted by /u/Real_Anzock
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Real_Anzock, Jul 13, 2020

2. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Jul 13, 2020
  3. John Fer Win User
    Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Jul 13, 2020
  4. Karen Her Win User

Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update.

Mouse and keyboard driver unknown after recent update

Hi,

This issue normally occurs due to outdated or incompatible keyboard and mouse drivers. We suggest you to run the
    Hardware and Devices troubleshooter and check if it helps. Here are the steps:

• Type troubleshooting in the Search bar, and press Enter on the keyboard.
    • Click View All.
    • Right-click on Hardware and Devices from the list.
    • Select Run as Administrator.
    • Click Next and follow the prompts to run the troubleshooter.

If issue persists, we recommend that you perform the troubleshooting steps in this
    article to resolve your concern.

Let us know how it goes.

Karen Her, Jul 13, 2020
Thema:

Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update.

1. Cant use mouse or keyboard after a (maybe badly cancelled) update. - Similar Threads - Cant mouse keyboard

2. Mouse and keyboard not woking after update

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mouse and keyboard not woking after update: My lenovo desktop computer updated on December 9, 2020 when I turned it on today December 13 the keyboard and mouse no longer register.they are USB driven. I’ve changed the ports I’ve also tried them on another computer and they still work. they are a Dell keyboard and...
  3. Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after update

Keyboard and mouse unresponsive after update: My computer did an update and now my keyboard and mouse won’t work, I’m unable to get into safe mode. * Moved from Community Participation Center * OS not specified. Assumed to be Windows 10....
  4. Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates: It started after an update earlier this week, my mouse rgb would get lights but I’d have no cursor or keyboard,but about 30 minutes of unplugging and restarting fixed it Then yesterday’s update did the same thing, in the advanced boot options menu I am able to use my mouse...
  5. Keyboard and mouse not working after update

Keyboard and mouse not working after update: I updated my pc last week on friday and the next morning neither my mouse or my keyboard are working. Ive looked through many different pages on fixing it and none of them have worked. I have booted my computer into recovery mode but i cant use my keyboard or mouse so nothing...
  6. Bad Hard drive, Maybe?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Bad Hard drive, Maybe?: My Asus all in one desktop will not boot up and I downloaded the Windows 10 ISO and put it on a DVD. It will only go to the blue window page and no further. Is this what happens when the hard drive goes out?...
  7. cant use headphones w/phone. after adding wireless mouse/keyboard

cant use headphones w/phone. after adding wireless mouse/keyboard: New wireless keyboard and mouse for my lap top disables ability to answer phone (headphones) thru laptop I have Win10, problem exists when I am in my work portal (Citrix) while working from home....
  8. Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update

Mouse & keyboard misbehaving after update: Both of these began exactly concurrent with the latest major update. I'm using a (genuine) Microsoft IntelliMouse Optical. The mouse cursor is unresponsive at bootup, but if I disconnect and reconnect it, it works fine. The mouse buttons still work initially (I can...
  9. Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?

Slow Mouse/Keyboard...maybe since last major update?: I'm wondering if anyone has noted any problems with their keyboards/mice since the last major update. I can't seem to figure out the culprit and I was thinking it was this. My mouse pointer skips across the screen at times and the scroll wheel on the mouse isn't always very...
  10. Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update

Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update: Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help! 14088