Windows 10: Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

Discus and support Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; It started after an update earlier this week, my mouse rgb would get lights but I’d have no cursor or keyboard,but about 30 minutes of unplugging and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/Nob3mean, Feb 17, 2020.

1. Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

It started after an update earlier this week, my mouse rgb would get lights but I’d have no cursor or keyboard,but about 30 minutes of unplugging and restarting fixed it

Then yesterday’s update did the same thing, in the advanced boot options menu I am able to use my mouse and keyboard but when it asks for my password it keeps saying incorrect (even though I can log in to my account on other devices.

Tried to do a full restart and it won’t even do that.

Any helps greatly appreciated as the phone help I’ve gotten has been pretty meh.

submitted by /u/Nob3mean
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/Nob3mean, Feb 17, 2020
  2. John Fer Win User

Unresponsive Mouse and Keyboard in Windows 10

Hi,

One reason why your mouse and keyboard is not working is because of an outdated driver. We suggest that you update the mouse and keyboard driver by following the steps below:

• Pres Windows+X key on your keyboard.
    • Select Device Manager.
    • Locate the mouse and keyboard drivers, right click, then click on Update.

If you need further assistance, don't hesitate to reach out.

John Fer, Feb 17, 2020
  3. keyboard and mouse not working

Hi Chrystal,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your keyboard and mouse, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • Are you using a wired or wireless keyboard and mouse?
    • Have you tried using a different keyboard and mouse? If yes, how was it?
    • Have you tried using your keyboard and mouse to another computer? If yes, what is the result?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your keyboard and mouse drivers to resolve the issue. You may also check and follow the troubleshooting steps in this
    article.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, Feb 17, 2020
  4. Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

keyboard and mouse pad problems

Hi James,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community. Appreciate your interest in using Windows 10.

I suggest you to update the drivers for keyboard and mouse by following the steps below.

• Right click on Start icon and select Device Manager.
    • Expand Keyboard (for keyboard) and Mice and other pointing devices (for mouse).
    • Right click on the driver and select Update Driver Software.

Hope the information is helpful. Feel free to
    write to us for any other assistance with Windows, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Eeshwar Kumar, Feb 17, 2020
Thema:

Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates

1. Can’t use mouse or keyboard after updates - Similar Threads - Can’t mouse keyboard

2. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...: I had reset Windows 10. I was installing programs like Discord, Chrome, etc. when I got a blue screen with a percentage. When the percentage reached 100% it restarted and since then neither the keyboard nor the mouse has workedI have managed to enter the bios, here the...
  3. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...: I had reset Windows 10. I was installing programs like Discord, Chrome, etc. when I got a blue screen with a percentage. When the percentage reached 100% it restarted and since then neither the keyboard nor the mouse has workedI have managed to enter the bios, here the...
  4. Can’t use keyboard and mouse on windows, can use keyboard on bios but does nothing, can’t...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. Laptop getting stuck taskbar and can’t use mouse but keyboard works

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Laptop getting stuck taskbar and can’t use mouse but keyboard works: Hi i got a Acer nitro 5 and had it for about 1.5 years and its been running smoothly but recently i did an update on windows 11 and once in a while it just randomly gets stuck the whole taskbar and everything i have tried restarting windows explorer didn’t work but i can use...
  6. Laptop getting stuck taskbar and can’t use mouse but keyboard works

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Laptop getting stuck taskbar and can’t use mouse but keyboard works: Hi i got a Acer nitro 5 and had it for about 1.5 years and its been running smoothly but recently i did an update on windows 11 and once in a while it just randomly gets stuck the whole taskbar and everything i have tried restarting windows explorer didn’t work but i can use...
  7. Laptop getting stuck taskbar and can’t use mouse but keyboard works

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  8. Mouse and keyboard not woking after update

Mouse and keyboard not woking after update: My lenovo desktop computer updated on December 9, 2020 when I turned it on today December 13 the keyboard and mouse no longer register.they are USB driven. I’ve changed the ports I’ve also tried them on another computer and they still work. they are a Dell keyboard and...
  9. Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can’t use keyboard and mouse to login to my computer: I have been trying to login to my computer, but I can’t type anything because my computer won’t recognize my keyboard and mouse until I login. Can someone please help me? I have been trying to find youtube videos that could help, but those didn’t help at all. Neither my mouse...
  10. Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update

Can not use mouse or keyboard after Windows 10 update: Hello I am trying to figure out why I can not use my keyboard or mouse after updating to Windows 10. I can not even use mu usb mouse or keyboard... My laptop is a Samsung NP780Z5E-S01UB. Thanks for any help! 14088