Windows 10: Can't use multiple audio outputs

Discus and support Can't use multiple audio outputs in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I've been having a problem lately where I can't have multiple audio outputs plugged in at the same time and both work. For example, I would like to... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by BusterBarron, Jun 17, 2016.

1. Can't use multiple audio outputs

I've been having a problem lately where I can't have multiple audio outputs plugged in at the same time and both work. For example, I would like to have both my headset and my speakers plugged in and switch between the two when needed. But for some reason I can only use one at a time by unplugging one and plugging the other in. I've looked through all the drivers and everything is up to date, but I still can't find the reason behind this. Has anyone else ever had a problem like this?

:)

BusterBarron, Jun 17, 2016

2. Split audio output Realtek HD Audio

Hi Connor,

There are few steps that you can follow in order for you to output your audio to multiple devices. Let's follow

Guru Kiran G's answer from this

Do let us know if you need any other assistance.

Regards.

Darian Tab, Jun 17, 2016
  3. BTF55 Win User
    HDMI Audio: Are Multiple Devices Possible?

I have a laptop with an HDMI port, as well as a monitor with speakers. I have no problems setting up multiple displays at once. Nor do I have any problems switching the audio from laptop to monitor and vice versa.

My question is, is it possible to use both sets of speakers at once, where they output whichever audio is on that screen? Ie, if I put a video on the monitor display, can the monitor speakers output the corresponding audio on the monitor's speakers, while
    my laptop's speakers output what I have playing on the laptop screen?

BTF55, Jun 17, 2016
  4. Berton Win User

Can't use multiple audio outputs

Usually it's a hardware situation when plugging a different device in that electrically disconnects the port used from any other output port, for example plugging a device into the front panel out port cuts off the out port on the rear of the computer. That is difficult to work around. The best way I've seen it work is in out church's sound system but it has a large bank of controls to adjust things, both input and output, which is fed by the computer. Maybe someone makes a sound card with suitable ports? Haven't needed to search for one yet, maybe later as I'm off to work a garage sale to benefit our no-kill animal shelter.

Berton, Jun 17, 2016
Thema:

Can't use multiple audio outputs

1. Can't use multiple audio outputs - Similar Threads - Can't multiple audio

2. Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11 Pro: Audio cuts out when multiple outputs are enabled and used: I have Windows 11 Pro and I have two main audio outputs: one is named "Voice" and is used for communicating with others like through Zoom, Discord or any other communication app. The other is "Game" which is used for any and all media including YouTube, Spotify, Games, System...
  3. advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output

in Windows 10 Gaming
    advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output: first thing to do uninstall realtek high definition audio device driver : press Win + X select device manager open the "audio controllers, video, games" tabthen right click on the realtek high definition audio device and press uninstall device, restart the pc and your problem...
  4. advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    advice for "problem : multiple audio outputs as one output: first thing to do uninstall realtek high definition audio device driver : press Win + X select device manager open the "audio controllers, video, games" tabthen right click on the realtek high definition audio device and press uninstall device, restart the pc and your problem...
  5. Multiple audio outputs on win11

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Multiple audio outputs on win11: I have wired speakers and Bluetooth speakers and I was wondering how to play the audio simultaneously. I'm open to doing this within windows or downloading software. Previous win 10 posts on how to do this involve looking for "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" in the...
  6. Multiple audio outputs on win11

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Multiple audio outputs on win11: I have wired speakers and Bluetooth speakers and I was wondering how to play the audio simultaneously. I'm open to doing this within windows or downloading software. Previous win 10 posts on how to do this involve looking for "Wave Out Mix", "Mono Mix" or "Stereo Mix" in the...
  7. Output audio on multiple devices

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Output audio on multiple devices: Why, in the year 2021, does Windows still not permit the outputting of sound across multiple sound devices like multiple HDMI monitors and built in speakers for instance? Come on Microsoft. It can't be that hard to have checkboxes beside the devices you can select to send...
  8. Video Calls: Multiple Audio Outputs?

Video Calls: Multiple Audio Outputs?: I want to do video chat, such that when I'm in a call, others can hear my voice coming from my Logitech G933 headset, AND a music playing app (foobar2000, which is like Windows Media Player) on my computer, or even a video I'm playing on YouTube (I use Chrome, normally). I'm...
  9. About the using of HDMI as audio output

About the using of HDMI as audio output: Hi I'm using my Geforce GTX 1080 to output audio through HDMI to a amplifier Onkyo TX-NR686. But that amplifier doesn't allow the use of FreeSync and Nvidia neither allows it in HDMI so I've connected my TV through Display Port and used HDMI throug the amplifier for audio....
  10. Using both audio outputs on motherboard

Using both audio outputs on motherboard: So, I recently bought a small pc subwoofer which comes with 2 satellite speakers (but low quality ones), and I have my old speakers (better quality audio, but not so decent on low ranges). I'm planning on using my old speakers together with my new subwoofer without the...