Windows 10: Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating.

Discus and support Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Like It Said in the title, recently I update it my windows because It had a new update and mostly those updates are good to the system. But this time... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Sillia_zero, Feb 12, 2021.

1. Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating.

Like It Said in the title, recently I update it my windows because It had a new update and mostly those updates are good to the system. But this time this update disable my fingerprint locking and my face locking though, I am just worry about the fingerprint one, I ask here if anyone could help me with this problem. :c

:)

Sillia_zero, Feb 12, 2021

2. Fingerprint Scanner Not Working

Hello Gary,

Thank you for posting on Microsoft Community.

To resolve this issue try the following steps:

• Have you updated the driver for the Finger Print scanner? If not, check on the manufacturer’s website (HP).

• Check if installing the latest driver of the fingerprint scanner allows you to login using a Microsoft Account?

This issue might occur due to driver incompatibility since upgrading to Windows 10.

If you have the raw executable file of the corresponding driver for the validity sensor, I would suggest you to install the downloaded driver file in compatible mode with Windows 7 or 8. Refer to the following steps to do so.

• Right click on the driver, and click on Properties.

• Go to the Compatibility tab.

• Check the box for Run this program in compatibility mode for:

• Select Windows 7 in the list of Operating systems.

• Click OK.

• Double-click the driver file to install the driver and follow the onscreen instructions.

• Reboot your computer.

Hope the above steps help.

Thank you.

Mohan Suryanarayan, Feb 12, 2021
  3. Fingerprint scanner

We appreciate the update that you have provided. Since you have tried the suggestions above and the issue is still the same, we have checked the compatibility of your laptop with Windows Hello. Upon checking, your laptop is currently not in the list. We
    recommend that you contact your laptop manufacturer directly to check for any compatible driver for the fingerprint scanner to work.

Should there be anything else, do not hesitate to let us know.

Jennifer Bri, Feb 12, 2021
  4. Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating.

Problem with Windows Hello and fingerprint scanner after latest auto update.

Hi,

Have you tried updating the driver of your fingerprint scanner? If not, we suggest that you proceed with it and see if it addresses the issue. To update, open your Device Manager, and look for your fingerprint scanner under Biometric devices. Check out

Update drivers in Windows 10
    for the steps.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Feb 12, 2021
Thema:

Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating.

1. Can't use my fingerprint scanner after updating. - Similar Threads - Can't fingerprint scanner

2. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  3. Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fingerprint scanner stopped working after an update: I have an Acer Swift 3 SF314-43 Ryzen 5. It's running on Windows 11.Tonight, my laptop asked me to restart it for a pending update and so I did.After the update, my fingerprint sensor suddenly stopped working. When I checked the settings, it showed me this:I don't know what...
  4. My fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My fingerprint scanner: Today my fingerprint scanner stopped working it say the fingerprint scanner option is currently unavailable Though it doesn't work on boot but works well after sleep.I am unable to sign in due to this i had to type a long password everytime Can anyone plz help with this...
  5. My fingerprint scanner

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My fingerprint scanner: Today my fingerprint scanner stopped working it say the fingerprint scanner option is currently unavailable Though it doesn't work on boot but works well after sleep.I am unable to sign in due to this i had to type a long password everytime Can anyone plz help with this...
  6. Fingerprint scanner

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Fingerprint scanner: My fingerprint scanner stopped working a while back. I believe it is a Goodix scanner. the driver was up to date, but the computer showed that the "DEVICE" was not present on the computer VOSTRO 5402 Service Tag: C04NB63.I couldn't find any information on how to add the...
  7. fingerprint scanner

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    fingerprint scanner: whenj i try to change my sign inj options to windows hello fingerprint scanner,"we could not fint a fingerprint scanner compatible with windows hello finger print. im using windows 10 enjterprise. when i used vista i had no problems.how can i resolve this issue? than\x...
  8. Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?

Why can't my webcam or fingerprint scanner be used in Hello?: I have a Asus Vivobook pro why does it say it cannot find a webcam or fingerprint scanner compatible with Windows Hello when I have both? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/why-cant-my-webcam-or-fingerprint-scanner-be-used/b062d2a2-a8c7-4397-a108-b4ad5a8ee296
  9. Unable to use Fingerprint scanner

Unable to use Fingerprint scanner: I have HP Zbook 15 G2 running windows 10 pro, finger print scanner stopped working. In settings it displays that driver is not compatible windows 10 Hello. Updated windows and driver. But not successful. ***Original title: Fingerprint Scanner.***...
  10. Using the fingerprint scanner on my laptop

Using the fingerprint scanner on my laptop: How can I use the fingerprint scanner on my HP laptop? It used to work fine with Windows 7, but ever since I upgraded to Windows 10, I can't find out how to use it....