Windows 10: Can't Use My HDD ??

Discus and support Can't Use My HDD ?? in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Installed Windows 10 a few weeks back and been storing myy games on the HDD, however today it wont work and I get this error... " We couldn't set your... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by venomx, Oct 23, 2019.

1. venomx Win User

Can't Use My HDD ??

Installed Windows 10 a few weeks back and been storing myy games on the HDD, however today it wont work and I get this error...

" We couldn't set your default save location "

The SSD works fine, but i cannot install apps on the HDD

0x80070005

Can't Use My HDD ?? J2defjL.png

:)

venomx, Oct 23, 2019
  2. Kem Mon Win User

unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, Oct 23, 2019
  3. Johankaan Win User
    unlock hdd

Johankaan, Oct 23, 2019
  4. Dice Vil Win User

Can't Use My HDD ??

Portable HDD full but isn`t..

Hi Graham,

In most cases, this may already point to a hardware issue. We suggest doing the following to properly isolate this:

• Connect your portable HDD to a different port.
    • Connect your portable HDD to a different PC.
    • Connect other storage devices.

If you find that other storage devices work properly and your portable HDD still encounters an error with other computers, then this is already a hardware issue and you'll need to get in touch with the device manufacturer for assistance and troubleshooting.

Feel free to post back if you need more help.

Dice Vil, Oct 23, 2019
Thema:

Can't Use My HDD ??

1. Can't Use My HDD ?? - Similar Threads - Can't HDD

2. Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Can't transfer large file off Laptop to USB HDD: Toshiba l750 64 bit Windows 10, 8 GB ram Copied my own DVD-R to MKV 4 GB with Wondershare. Tried to fix a MP4 8 GB size with Format Factory. Both conversations successful Try to cut or even copy to USB HDD 25-30 MB rate but drops and stops 15% of process. USB HDD to...
  3. Can't locate Activation Key from old PC/HDD. Need help!

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't locate Activation Key from old PC/HDD. Need help!: If this is the wrong location for this or duplicate, I will remove when I'm informed of so. I had an old HP workstation PC recently start crashing giving me that "Something has gone wrong" blue screen. This PC was nearing a decade old so I decided to rebuild outside of...
  4. Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Can't select HDD to install apps from the Microsoft Store: I had just got Game Pass, and was trying to install games and have run into a problem. I have a tiny M.2 solid state drive as my C: drive that's only function is to be a boot drive for my computer, and then a much larger 4tb HDD as my D: drive that I actually store all my...
  5. Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't boot from SSD with my Windows install without secondary HDD: My PC is a real mix of old and new parts and I currently have a problem where my 2TB mechanical HDD is failing. It is 100% active all the time, but frequently hangs or simply takes forever to browse or transfer any files, so I'm pretty sure it is on the way out. When I remove...
  6. can't access files moved from Windows XP system HDD that died

in Windows 10 Support
    can't access files moved from Windows XP system HDD that died: I recently lost a Dell Windows XP 64bit laptop to a dead motherboard; however, my hard drive was fine and the computer was 8 years old, so rather than replacing a laptop motherboard (and possibly other components), I upgraded to an HP Spectre X360 15 laptop with Windows 10...
  7. I can't Access my HDD

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    I can't Access my HDD: I'm pretty new to the whole computer and laptop world as this is my first one so keep that in mind. So first off I'm trying to install a new internal SSD and so I found out that I would need to clone the original SSD. So after I did that I was looking at my files and saw...
  8. Ext HDD Can't remove file

in Windows 10 Support
    Ext HDD Can't remove file: Win10 1903 64 On my Ext HDD I have a windows.old file that was backed up before. I have tried resetting all the permissions and ownership but no luck. Every time I try to delete it, it begins...gets to 99% and then stops. I even tried moving it back to my pcPC from which it...
  9. Can't format my HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Can't format my HDD: So i tried formatting my HDD trough cmd and the drives manager. Both don't let me do it. When i do it with cmd it says can't format drive with system-,crashdump-, upstartvolume. The only file i have on my HDD is the windowsApps file. When i factory reset my pc it doesn't...
  10. Can't see old user folder on external HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    Can't see old user folder on external HDD: I'm updating my old Widows 7 desktop with Windows 10. To make things easier, I'm also replacing my SDD (C: operating system drive), and HDD (E: installed programs and general use drive). I have an 8Tb external hard drive (F: Backup and storage drive) which I stored data I...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. cant download on a hdd