Windows 10: Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it.

Discus and support Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it. in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; I downloaded a less complex version of Quicken because I don't use it for my investments any more. But I can't use Quicken AT ALL now, because every... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Char M, Jan 23, 2020.

1. Char M Win User

Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it.

I downloaded a less complex version of Quicken because I don't use it for my investments any more.

But I can't use Quicken AT ALL now, because every attempt is thwarted by Controlled Folder Access.

Please help.

:)

Char M, Jan 23, 2020
  2. Jsssssssss, Jan 23, 2020
  3. Matt316 Win User
    Controlled Folder Access

Hi.

I've been using Controlled Folder Access recently but I'm having a problem getting one application to change/create files. I use doPDF8 to create PDF files, but when CFA is active, it won't save my work. The notice explaining that something has tried accessing the folder only comes up once. (I assume that if you don't do anything about it, the program trying to access the file is put on the 'black list'.) Turning CFA off and then on again causes the notice to appear once more. However, the notice seems to suggest that it is C:\Windows\splwow64.exe that is trying to access/create the file, but when I put this into the 'allow app control' list, it still doesn't work. The only way I can find to get the PDF file created is to turn off CFA, create the file and then turn it back on again.

Any ideas?

Matt

(Windows 10 ver 1709)

Matt316, Jan 23, 2020
  4. Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it.

Windows 10 Error Code 2503 comes up when uninstalling Quicken. Unable to uninstall quicken. How do I correct this problem?

Hello,

• How did you try to uninstall Quicken?

Kindly try the steps below and check if this helps.

• Using the Windows search feature, look for Control Panel.
    • Click Control Panel Desktop app to open.
    • Choose Programs.
    • Under Programs and Features, click on Uninstall a Program.
    • Find Quicken in the list of programs. They are alphabetically ordered. Highlight it by clicking on it once.
    • Click on Uninstall at the top of the list and follow through the prompts until the program is removed.
    If the issue still persists, I suggest you to contact Quicken support regarding this matter for assistance.

Here is the link:
    http://www.quicken.com/support/using-qcleanui-uninstall-quicken?scid=qkn_cntctus_gen82227

Hope this helps.

Let us know if you need any further assistance.

ThofikhAhamad, Jan 23, 2020
Thema:

Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it.

1. Can't use my new Quicken version because Controlled Folder Access prevents it. - Similar Threads - Can't Quicken version

2. Can't turn on Controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can't turn on Controlled folder access: I cant turn on or off controlled folder access. Why? And do i need it? And how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-controlled-folder-access/cc30d44b-0d1e-45e1-9d36-0c984d062d21
  3. Can't turn on Controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can't turn on Controlled folder access: I cant turn on or off controlled folder access. Why? And do i need it? And how do i fix it? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-turn-on-controlled-folder-access/cc30d44b-0d1e-45e1-9d36-0c984d062d21
  4. I can't get access to controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't get access to controlled folder access: I get the message that my IT administrator has limited my access to that, but I am on a personal computer where I am the sole administrator. I have tried multiple things suggested in other posts, but none of them have...
  5. I can't get access to controlled folder access

I can't get access to controlled folder access: I get the message that my IT administrator has limited my access to that, but I am on a personal computer where I am the sole administrator. I have tried multiple things suggested in other posts, but none of them have...
  6. I can't get access to controlled folder access

in Windows 10 Customization
  7. Can't get into Controlled Folder Access

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Can't get into Controlled Folder Access: Every time I try to open Controlled Folder Access I get the prompt, "Contact your IT Administrator". This is my personal PC My profile is the administrator of the computer I once had a third-party anti-virus which many forums said could be the issue, however, I...
  8. Access Quicken files

Access Quicken files: "This file does not have an app associated with for performing this action. Please install an app or, if one is already installed, create an association in the Default Apps Settings page." I was recently forced to reinstall my operation system. All my data was still...
  9. Permission for Quicken to install new version

Permission for Quicken to install new version: Proceeded to install Quicken 2019 when the install process terminated. Error message state that "installer had insufficient permission" to install C:\Program Files X86/Quicken. Searched categories of "Permission" under Privacy setting. None seemed to fit. Where can...
  10. Access to quicken

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Access to quicken: I spoke with a Quicken rep and he indicated that I have a private network that's active and doesn't allow me to access my account...they said that you could fix it so the private network would allow access...